Long term game funding

yeah. same here.

“If that is the only way” that was never mentioned in my post. You are simply adding your own information there. LOTRO has a boost system that is not imbalanced. There are many stats and factors that are unrelated to winning that could be boost. Game-Over Zeus bought a mining postion now he can mine faster, gg ff @ 20, feeders…

Until you can sit there and explain what winning is in Oort this conversation will go no-where.

“if” dude. If.

“no i wouldnt. if this was the only way i would quit.” I am not stating to make exclusive pay only items. The should always be an options to grind for items if you want, but there is no reason a game should not be allowed to sell what you can craft/grind for. My investment is going back into the game to help out everyone. The only way games can survival if they take this approach is to have a least a base of people investing money gradually over time.

Skins and Costumes is the perfect way.

having boost items or better euqip through a store (even if able to be sold ingame for ingame money) is pay to win and will make oort not a good game but a fail in my eyes. There are many other ways to handle a constant income (rented servers, vanity items with no advantage, more character slots, renaming or redesigning the look of characters, race shifts … just to name a few).

2 Likes

My original suggestion (texturepacks) is 4 posts above the one where i mention addons.

For MOBAS that’s 100% true but I´m not sure how skins will fit into an MMO, where most of the game is about getting better (more awesome looking) gear.

+2 now.
If they add an addon once or twice a year for 10.-/15.- that adds a new tier, new materials and maybe a new race/feature that would be my favorite way of long term founding.
For your concern regarding to interaction with players that havn´t bought the new addon I´d suggest that they just cant enter a portal to the new tier and cant wear gear/tools that are made out of the materials of the new tier. but they should be able to trade those materials and place new blocks that they bought from other players (possible economy boost with every new addon)

1 Like

- thats gonna be expensive. And basically you are forced to buy the addon if u want to see something new. Like new Titans, maybe Biomes etc. Yes you can buy the new gear etc from other players but you still see nothing new. So lets say there are already 5 Addons out. One Player never bought a singel one. Now he needs to farm low tier titans, monsters over and over again till he can buy one of the new items. I dont like the concept but its just my opinion.

Yeah. big expansion pack thing might be a thing later, but they should avoid it as much as possible ,which is why we should find funding so they could avoid that.

True. Most MMOs don’t make expansion s before the second year after release. It is something to keep in mind definitely, but not right beginning at release. When doing something like that it should be a big expansion so that it is worth its price and don’t feel like a easy way for making money. But that is a matter of future discussions :wink:

I dont think expansion packs would be bad they wouldn’t come out all the time sooo yea

Also if you can buy any items or outfits with real money you have issue that people will want to sell them like they do in other MMOs. So something that’s say 99 cent now becomes 1 million in game so it would have to be where you could not sell or even trade these items and also have them so they are non pick ups because that could add a lot more issues then just destroying the games economy.

3 Likes

One thing I would love to see for long term funding, is one shot use items for like 1$-5$ that you can use to capture mobs, and use them to do your nefarious bidding!

So like pets?

People already want that as a feature in its self with not having to pay for it.

2 Likes

I am personally in favor of some kind of subscription once the game actually goes into full release. Like a 10-15$ a month subscription cost.

Without a subscription there could be a level/world tier cap, and maybe some kind of limit for getting beacons/joining a guild?

I am definitely against any subscription before it gets to a full release, good example of this is Xsyon. I was kinda interested in it at first, but it was 30$ up front and a 15$ per month subscription for a very early alpha game. Hah nope ._.

Ääähm, just no ^^ … That would kill the game. If you want to support it with a subscription just rent a server for you or your guild or even for public use. But having a limit without a subscription would be just - sorry for this choice of expression - stupid :wink:

Idk having a small subscription for a game that’s going to keep adding new content, ie the multitude of worlds that will exist at each tier and possibly other content updates, is fine for me. I’d definitely lean towards the 10$ per month though :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the only game that I’ve actually ever considered paying a subscription for. Ever.

I can see your point however, maybe just limit the tier of world that non subscribed people could go to. Just my opinion however (~’.’)~

2 Likes

Limiting the players who bought the game would lead to the feeling to play a demo. There should not be any gameplay advances for money, not even with a subscription fee. That would be called pay to win. And having more worlds to visit for money is already planed with the feature of rented servers. So this part of your idea is in the greater plan already.

definitely no.

This is a buy to play game, subscription is not the answer, it never was.

the only way to get around it is a cash shop, i havent seen any b2p MMO’s without a cashshop. for those against it, you need to realize that having a game costs money.

the b2p mmos i can think off on the top of my head is, TSW, GW2 and ESO. all which have cashshops. which is mainly just cosmetics or cool companions. that is the way to go. no doubt.

any sort of limitation on the game for not paying more is an absolute nogo, things like exp boosts are discussable. but that i also think is fine, if people dont have as much time to level up then they can pay a bit of money to not fall completely behind.

Let´s all just hope that rented worlds are enough to keep Wonderstruck running so we don’t have to bother with micro-transactions,cashshops,fees and addons at all.

1 Like