Loot moons

What if the game randomly generated moons in the sky around some planets without telling anyone? Moons are much smaller than regular planets and can’t be plotted. The only way to get to one is to notice it in the sky and fire off a warp totem.

And they’re flipping covered in loot! Once on the moon you will find what kind of micro ecosystem it is. Maybe the moon is rocky with lots of rubies and crawling with spitters. Maybe the moon has trees made of growth and a high shimmering orb drop rate. Maybe the moon is solid gleam. Whatever it is, the moons don’t regenerate. Once they are depleted of enough resources they disappear from the sky the next day. Where do they go? No one knows…

23 Likes

This is an awesome idea; seems to fit nicely into the idea of unstable worlds that has been floating around :+1:

2 Likes

Disco ball!!! cackles Yiiiiisssss…

This is an excellent idea.

100% down for this. :man_astronaut::construction_worker_man:

Loot moons already exist…in the form of hotspots.

There’s no need to loot more stuff if you already know the hotspots for a particular resource.

It’d be fun to strip mine a mini-planet down to the core.

1 Like

Could have some fun with it and make shapes.

Like an apple with a big bite out of it!
Or Pac man.

I like this a whole lot. It’s a loose version of what we had theory crafted previously regarding temporary planets but I think moons would be even better.

You could only see them if you were on that planet, due to distance let’s say. In adding these it’d be a great time to flesh out and implement a better warp augment subcraft giving us different type of warp augments for use specific situations.

Too many cool things to theory craft with this avenue of thought.

Honestly great idea , I really wish this was in the game, would give us more incentive to log in and play for the ones that aren’t so active

1 Like