Macro Software, Auto clickers

What if you train your cat to farm gleam?

1 Like

i know this happens people being afk while farming and this is not right! but maybe we need a dev to seargh in game for those people and if they don’t reply within 5 min or stop when asked then just /kick and if they been caught more times a temp ban and then going for perm ban

3 Likes

I usually do that… or just go front of them… so they are hitting me not the resource… so whatever kind of person you are

If you are playing you wont just keep spamming my face.
Before that i few times ask something.

After that its time to call Big Guns. Thats going to ensure me afterall ive done that they truly are afk.

You’d think I’m a bot then cause I wouldn’t stop hitting you :smiley: I often do something else while farming, I carefully pick an angle, then just stand there and spam the tool swing buttons without looking at the screen, sound off. Obviously I’m ignoring chat as well while doing this.

3 Likes

Lol sounds very convincing :rofl:

I’m not kidding, youtube/netflix is way more entertaining than watching gleam farming :sweat_smile: This isn’t even that serious, people grind their runescape skills with foot pedals to make it just a bit easier :smiley:

5 Likes

Lol. The lengths people will go to.

Although I suspect that all this really tells me is that people are willing to go a long way to make sure they’re “technically” not breaking the rules in their attempts to circumvent them as much as possible. That really should be a hint that game isn’t engaging enough on it’s own.

But I suppose Runescape is an odd one. The longer it’s lived, the more it’s been redesigned to essentially be AFK friendly, or at the very least a “minimum effort required” past-time. If it’s the goal, then it’s working well… and I shouldn’t complain about it, I used to play RS and SWTOR simultaneously because of how low-intensity Runescape was.

That’s a pretty good idea! I could get a decent step count in while watching Netflix lol

I know this is old but I felt I should point out that you can detect those 5 click macros without looking at just quantity of clicks within a timeframe. Look at the delay between inputs over time, it won’t look human (unless intentionally programmed to look human).

In my opinion there really should be a “fill queue” button. Maybe one day.

2 Likes

I will say I had used a macro on my mouse when filling all my crafting tables, compactors, workbenches, and other machines due to carpel tunnel when I last played. What I did is definitely along the lines of a gray area, but I personally was not using it for any real in-game advantage, as there are crafting timers on everything I was making.

That said, I don’t know that we ever got an official stance on tool assistance for players who are either handicapped or recovering from an injury. I stand firm in saying that I was not using it for an intentional in-game advantage, only to make it possible for me to continue playing without further injuring myself.

Obviously using a macro to make a slingbow into a rapid fire weapon without the perk is an exploit if they are firing at superhuman speeds, and shouldn’t be allowed though.

1 Like

Yeah James is like, the boss’s boss so, that’s pretty official :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ye but thats easily avoidable. I mean. I can say i got hand injury… who would knew if i have or not lol.

1 Like

Have you had a hand injury buugi? :thinking:

Obviously. No but for real i have ganglion cyst in my hand atm. So yes.

3 Likes

This is what i use when i want to process a stack of stone in my crafting tables, use with AutoIT

; hold middle mouse button to left click
; Shift+pause to terminate the script, pause key to pause it... no more RIP LMB
Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("+{PAUSE}", "Terminate")
#Include <Misc.au3>
While 1
$end = 1

while _IsPressed(04)
;dont
mousedown("left")
mouseup("left")
sleep(100)
tooltip("clicking",0,0)
    wend
  tooltip("",0,0)
WEnd

Func TogglePause()
  $Paused = NOT $Paused
  While $Paused
    sleep(100)
    ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
  WEnd
  ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

AutoIT, wow

This is so sad… Alexa, play Despacito.

To each his own I think everyone just worries to much about what everyone else is doing. There is not one game in mmo history that has effectively stopped scripting or botting for that matter. This company is small the time and resources that they would spend to fight the scriptinf issue would take away from updates and expanding the game. Sorry I am not about that.