Main guild overides faction permissions!

Hello, for some reason @RedY3 who is in the guild the cuttlepunks has permissions on a beacon controlled by the "Quartermasters"s faction but does not have those permissions in that faction??

beacon showing he has permissions on the beacon.

Permissions within the faction book.

Are these permissions given through the friends listing?

I dont understand how this permissions system works but here we go:

Proof i have permissions:

Your boi Red right before stealing some stuff:

4 Likes

@RedY3 so cute! He thinks he’s people’s!

Have you checked the beacon-specific permissions?

Perms on the first screenshot shows it where you normally would give friends permissions, yes.

This is after i remove control from guild faction.

CHecked parent guild and he does have the permissions. somehow the parent guild permissions are overwriting the faction permissions?

Red’s parent guild permissions

I am not 100% sure but i dont think thats how factions/parent guild permissions should work…

? xD (10 chaaar)

Edit: must be the “your boi” thing xD… still dont get you though haha

1 Like

Love you too Red :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::heart_eyes::kissing_heart::kissing:

1 Like

You mean troll haha :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yeah, main guild overrides all other son factions. It is a good thing to keep in mind. Permissions are ranked as follows:

Guild > Faction > Beacon

I dislike this :thinking: I thought factions helped with permissions… But if main guild over takes permissions over a faction you literally cant give anyone permissions in the main guild in order to separate permissions. Seems more of a bug than a feature to me…

“Suitable usage of Controlled Beacons is for a shared Guild-hall or Guild-storage or Guild-shop or Portal network. You continue to own the Beacon, but it is Controlled and run by the Guild.”

This is the only mentioned of guild perms I found so far. Is there any mentioned that is how it’s intended?

Think it’s a comment in the empires release post or the testing one.

Known issue…

See here:

2 Likes

I think it’s indeed a bug yes, I’ve removed all permissions for anyone on the main guild and started to only add relevant perms on the factions themselves.

Feels weird tho…

2 Likes

Good to know. I will continue to rule with and iron fist. Scratch that. Rule with a gold fist! No permissions for anyone. Mwahahahaha.

2 Likes

This doesn’t surprise me, especially considering how there’s no way with the currently available permissions to have a guild shop.

2 Likes

Main guild permissions will override Faction permissions because that is the intended effect and the way permissions were set up. In other words - it is working as intended.

I have had a few PM conversations with @Dave and @james about fixing this so that people could truly have factions be different. But, I do not know where they stand on if they are going to actually change it or decided not to.

2 Likes