Meet and greet. for old and new players

welcome :smile:You wlll find you are surrounded by a fine bunch.

Letā€™s update this!

Seen several new faces around the forums lately. Donā€™t be shy!

1 Like

My name is EliteCynder, typically Elite Cynder(or Elite_Cynder if Spaces arenā€™t supported) and Iā€™m a builder at heart, I love design and enjoy architecture, if itā€™s a possibility I will try my best to offer creative ideas to place in oort, Iā€™m a quick learner at most digital fronts, although I work as a Cook.

I live in Canada, British-Colombia and have been playing this game for give or take a three weeks now; however, I have very large plans for creations and will post screenshots when theyā€™re done(although itā€™s slow because I am an underground worker, so mining out my domains takes ages).

I also love doing the numbers for in-game economies: @Devs youā€™d better make sure thereā€™s nothing that could be abused as a source of income, because Iā€™ll find it quickly :wink:

Lastly, I really enjoy working in groups on projects, provided we have a common objective and arenā€™t just hectically adding our own touches to them, so if you need to get in contact with me, I live on the server Lotad with an online friend ā€œLolrocknā€.

1 Like

Ohhh, do you play Dota, Dota 2, or League? o-o

Hi all, my name is olihax, oli is fine though and iā€™m 21 from the UK. Iā€™ve been playing Oort since about october and I used to post on the old forums around then too. Iā€™ve been playing but have only recently got involved on the forum as for the past 5 months iā€™ve been working away at my degree. I study Neuroscience in the UK, hopefully iā€™ll get the grade i need to go on to do a masters but hey ho!

Iā€™ve been playing a lot more now. I build on gnortem at the moment where I am digging caves and building underground bases. If anyone wants to get together and build something crazy on this world then let me know.

Iā€™ve been playing PC games since I was about 5ā€¦ Age of empires! Previously I have loved playing Skyrim, WoW (for a bit, didnā€™t have the time to really get into it), Gw2 which is possibly the best MMO I have played, so so so many RTS games, Minecraft and Starbound (Which was going to be good but now itā€™s kinda ruined). Iā€™m really excited about Oort!

3 Likes

Hey there everyone, not got on to the actually game yet but Iā€™ve had an eye on it for a while, Iā€™m casual gamer who has yet to gotten hooked on one specific game, Iā€™ve played WOW, guild wars, DOTA, Minecraft, Dark Age of Camelot and many more and still havenā€™t found that one game that will ruin my life. hahahaha

looking forward to sinking my teeth into this game and hopefully upgrading my contributions over the next month or so.

In my spare time I work with a number of bands and do a lot of promotional work when Iā€™m not gaming. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Who is up for corrupting this man :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oort rock theme time!

2 Likes

You guys /could/ do instruments, but that would also be super complicated, so donā€™t ;V

1 Like

Iā€™m more the technical brains behind the sound and lighting, however one of the guitarist i work closely with has written a lot of music for some big namesā€¦

would be a nice ideaā€¦ will see if one of the guitarists fancies trying itā€¦ no promises mind

haha

1 Like

Hello Everyone! Hektu here, i have been playing video games since my parent bought my little brother and I a Colecovision many years ago, and i have been a game junky ever since - I am on usually when i am home from business travel (which isnā€™t nearly often enough). Everyone i have had the pleasure of speaking with here in the Forums have been incredibly friendly and cool. I look forward to the future of Oort and meeting more Oortians!

2 Likes

Do you have a budget for a proper rock theme tune written by a pretty well established writer and musician??

Heā€™s written for bonnie Tyler and worked on bat of hell 2ā€¦ :smile:

Heā€™s pretty busy at the moment but I think it would be a good changeā€¦ :smile:

About time I got around to thisā€¦ after stalking the forums for months.

Sverchekovich here, though I rarely use that nickname. I go by different names in different gamesā€¦ and have been playing online games before they had pictures, back in the day of MUDs. Iā€™m 43 years old, and live in northern California. Iā€™m an outdoor educator, a backpacking guide and instructor, and spend most of my free time climbing or backpacking throughout most of California, from Joshua Tree to Yosemite and Kings Canyon. When Iā€™m not in the mountains Iā€™m at home goofing off in some gameā€¦ and if Oort turns out to be what I hope it mayā€¦ then Iā€™ll be spending all my gaming time here.

3 Likes

welcome to the oldies club :smiley: I bet you have amazing pictures to share with us! Welcome and yes we are all hoping this game is going to be amazing.

1 Like

Letā€™s do a job swap, that sounds amazing!

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mittekemuis! Photography is a passion of mine, particularly when Iā€™m in the backcountry. Maybe a time will come when I share some shots with folks on the forums, though I donā€™t know where Iā€™d do that exactly!

Hey Ben! Yeah, I have about the greatest job in the world. However, there are plenty of days Iā€™d absolutely swap jobs with youā€¦ so watch what you wish for! Nothing like being eaten alive by mosquitoes or chasing bears or marmots away from your camp in the middle of the night so that clients can sleep.

But those nights you wake up to take a leak in the middle of the nightā€¦ and the only sound is water trickling over rocks in a nearby river, and an owl hooā€™ing nearbyā€¦ and then looking up to see billions and billions of stars and the Milky Wayā€¦ yeah, itā€™s amazing. Everyone should backpack. Everyone.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never backpacked in California, just Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and once in Colorado. Still, California has some beautiful locations and Iā€™m jealous that Iā€™ve never been! Not many fellow ā€œRLā€ adventurers here, at least not many that have revealed themselves as such. Welcome!

Hello everyone. Due to my hectic work schedule I canā€™t play as much as I would like to, but I am excited to help out any way I can. I am currently playing on Agabab and Lapas. Hope to see some of you there!

1 Like

I know how crazy work can get some times. Welcome to the game!