Melancholia

The portal is up and active! It’s located in the TNT hub (or the CORE HQ… not sure what to call it) on Delta Cancret. Currently, the sign reads P3, which I guess the owner changes?

Yay! My first portal!

Please remember that Melancholia is still a work in progress. I will be building roads and such. I look forward to your visit!

4 Likes

Awesome, congrats!! :grin: :+1: Will try to be by in a few hours or so to wander and grab some shots! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@JDGroat might be able to change portal name if it hasn’t been done already

3 Likes

I come back to the moment, the sign has not been modified yet

1 Like

Thanks @Rolando, @DKPuncherello, and @bucfanpaka! I’m excited about my world. I’ll admit that the first Melancholia was a little bit more scenic, but it did not have a lot of places to build. This place has a few great farming areas: ash, mud, and clay. I might try to put portals to these locations near the TNT portal. I also found an amazing looking merging of the floating islands and gleam ■■■■■ that might be worth making a twitter account to get a screenshot from my PS4. :smiley:

3 Likes

Love your world! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Put a few shots in the screenshot thread! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing these!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice world. Maybe your second portal could be created to farm your gleam ■■■■■! It is like a lavanda planet!

3 Likes

@Dubbanz – Thanks for the feedback. I’m honestly still tweaking a few of the colors, but the gleam will stay the same and most everything else should as well. However, the gravel and rock colors might change to slightly different colors. I have another week to decide. I’ll also be putting over a year’s worth of fuel into the planet tonight. I don’t plan on constantly rotating the colors, but there are a few that just rub me the wrong way.

2 Likes

I like the gravel. Neutral with a kind of universal use. What new colors are you planning to get?

1 Like

I still want it to be neutral, but maybe a little darker. There is a beautiful blue that I would love, but I feel like it would be too much for the landscape. I’ll probably put it on one of my personal mining sovereigns.

To tell you the truth, I would have to look at the colors again. I think that the sedimentary rock may change from that cool berry-ish color to luminous taupe, but I’m not 100% sure on that either. I’ve used a lot of the luminous taupe in my building and like the idea of using off-world colors. Regardless, none of the color changes will be drastic just a little tweaked – I might even keep everything the same. I’m seriously on the fence.

1 Like

It is true! More blue would be a lot! You need some blocks to balance. Personal sovereigns? How many do you have?

I think 5? Only this one is for settling. The others kind of rotate for materials and such. Once I get more established with hunts, getting oort and the lot, I may add portals to them. Right now, this is all kind of new to me. I’ve only been on one hunt.

1 Like

5… that’s a lot of planets. You will enjoy hunting. It is great. Please let us know when you make the others public… near white colors are welcome :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I will. I’m not sure if I’ve made all of them public. I think they’re called Emerald Dream, Collectia Prime, Sapphiria, and RubyPaul.

1 Like

Just wandered a little more! :slight_smile: Great building/hunting plain around 44, -728. Also love some of the gleam merges you got - this one looks like it wants to give a big hug! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

That does look nice. I could see my asylum up there. Hmmmmmm… LOL

2 Likes

Rubypaul hahahhah I saw what you did there. :joy::joy: from which world can I get them?

1 Like

Haha. Yeah. It’s out of love.

I am not entirely sure which are T5 or T6. When I get home tonight, I will make sure they’re public and see which ones need to be extended. I’ll update this post with the planet names, type, and where they orbit. It’s about time for me to do an inventory on my planets! I got a little carried away, but some of these I want to keep for a little while. They are all in the USE region.

1 Like

I’ll check and fix it today

1 Like