Mining drops intented?

I feel even worse… ive gotten none through the the last two days :s

I would think in the old universe gems were the level 50 + items. In the new they will have rift and blink and whatever else to be the new level 50 + items, which means the gem tools should be lower tier and therefore I would think dropping more. The planets they are on are already more challenging than in the old universe so restricting the drops seems just mean to me.

1 Like

Holy good god… that’s a ton. lol

i agree a lot with this (have not checked later tiers)

but this is what i know ffrom experience in the current universe

• Coal (starter > level 3) Luck Based can drop from 1 > 5 on RNG (5 … maybe 6>7 with max luck + attribute bonnus)
  • Tech REMNANTS only = 1 > 4 maximum (same skills as above)
  • Copper = a tiny bit lower than coal with max skills as above
  • Iron = same as copper but is RNG heavy!!!
  • no idea about later ores yet

Plants:

• Desert Swords = ALWAYS drop at least 1 Yam and 1 Fiborous (even with base skills) but can increase to 3 Yams + 3 Fiborous + a bean or two with max skills AS ABOVE
  • Rosetta Nox = ALWAYS drop as Desert sword, just replace fiborous with inky

That is as far as my current testing goes

i agree… the plant drops feel as far removed from RNG as possible as they always drop an average standard (needs to be heavily looked in to)

1 Like

Well with the Luck stat not working properly, it affects the entire game’s drop rates.

I think first fixing that is the first step to figuring out of there really is a drop rate issue.

1 Like

maybe the devs should test for maximum overpowered dev luck in the office to determin if it is a true issue and then release to a testing branch or something?

we are far too close to release/media release to do much more testing though (personal oppinion)

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of your responses, I wanted to see if this was a bug just a couple of people were seeing before reporting it.

I’m waiting for Ollie to get back in next week before totally confirming this, but it looks like it’s simply a case of the planet tiers. When we release the two next higher tiers, you’ll find better drops from resource nodes there.

Just to clarify about luck as well - Luck increases the chance of a rare drop from blocks and creatures, it does not affect how many resources you get from the block. However, 2+ resources is classed as a rare drop, which is why you’ll get more “multiple resource drops” if you have more luck.

The tool tip for luck had been flagged internally as misleading, so we’ve adjusted it in game to reflect this.

Still going to confirm this next week, but that seems to be situation at the moment.

7 Likes

Well the tooltip for Luck says x0.2. So basically 20% chance is how I am reading that but I’ve been known to read the number of stats incorrectly.

Either way, the stat should be more noticeable with higher tier worlds if it really is working as intended.

2 Likes

then as you have confirmed the higher tiers are coming we can all rest easy until then and then report our findings -

But i do still agree that even based on luck mining nodes are more deeply set in RNG compared to Plant Nodes

EDIT-
Just realised you also said that the luck is only really intended for rare drops, not an extra ammount… ??? Then it does appear to work as intended i guess? (at least on up to T3 which is my current highest) @Steggs101

EDIT 2-
Suggestion
Maybe make it explain the luck itself increases chance on rare drops by X% rather than just x0.3% etc

Honestly I think it’s fine how it is. Right now the gem worlds we have are about equal with Andoweem just before 1.0. We will be getting higher tier worlds, and if they have gems I expect they will drop more as well. So a Tier 5 or 6 world will give 5-7 gems per block with max luck probably.

I think it needs to be raised. It is such a grind at the moment that it is taking the fun out of it for me.

1 Like

But what do you want them to do when they release higher tier planets? Lower the drops back down? Increase the higher tier gem amounts even further? They can’t stay the same otherwise people would stay on the lower tier worlds

maybe we should get a new planet or two before release? maybe that would make everyone calm down a bit about everything?

(for clarity this is a generaly response only to be taken as … would it be better if - so to avoid any hassle of people taking my wording personally :slight_smile: … )

I can’t vouch this is true… but I think gems are not supposed to be easily obtained. It’s the start of late game from what i’ve seen. So it’s supposed to be difficult or time consuming to obtain. Most people just farmed meteors for gems before.

2 Likes

So on a metal world (lamblis) I mined 1988 rocks of various sorts, 61 tech remnants, 67 flint, 85 soft coal, 153 iron, 225 copper and 4 silver. I passed up on a lot of copper since it is easily obtained on lower tier planets. I was there mainly for the iron so I was not at the right altitude for gold. . For the same amount of time in the old universe I would have definitely gotten more iron. I understand the developers want to encourage people to leave the starter planets so have made iron rare there, I would have through on a tier 4 metal world I would have found more iron. Very quickly loosing interest in even trying. .all I am finding is more grind and more grind.

1 Like

if anyone has real issues with iron and the computer ribbons (whatever tech its called)

Then go to Boori and just hunt for a cliff… you will find tons of both at any altitude on the side of the cliffs

I can’t personally speak for gold though

The higher tier planets have additional resources like blink and dark matter. . the gem drops can be the same on both t5 and higher tiers. The situation I think they are creating is the t5’s are abandoned because it will not be worth the time to mine there when the drops are so bad. Just go on to the higher tier planet and save the frustration.

I understand what you are saying, but mining for 10 hours to get the materials to make power coils seems a bit excessive to me. There must be some drop rate /seam number that does not make the gems as common as copper but not so rare that people quit in frustration.

i understand the fustration (as specking for a miner myself) but that’s why we have the sepcs -

person A Hey dude, i am looking for X for to create Y - say your a miner… you love working the pits all day… here is a bunch of food + 5k for your pocket when you return
Person B Yeh sure no worries :slight_smile: give me aout 3 hours…

everyone is happy in that situation… but as a miner reading this thread does actualy start putting me off :slight_smile:

I will look there tomorrow. . thanks

I think you misunderstood. My character is a miner/gatherer they are spec’d to mine. But if the drops are too low or the resources to rare then why bother. I understand it can be nice to mine a rare resource where there is a high demand. But who wants to spend 10 hours getting enough diamonds to make power coils?

1 Like

I guess you were correct to be slightly confused by this… as it was kind of hidden in the context that i understood (as written after the example scenario) …Reading this thread does actually start putting me off

no worries