What turns you off playing Boundless?

what’s puttig me off now is the way the forum is becoming (i am no better when i respond to agro with agro)

and i know i can keep the foum and game seperate qquite easily… but when it comes to specific posts (like recently) it kind of makes people think if the community is like this what is the game going to be like O.o

Suggestion for floating tree issue that won’t break resource gathering: It falls over, but does not turn into logs. You just need to cut it on the ground.

2 Likes

Buying cubits for real money ? Why ? Everyone agrees with this system when i can buy place in game for real money ???
Game cost 40 USD/EUR (its a lot) and you have Gleam club. And still not enough. Realy ???

You not ready with this system on steam community. I expect post madness on steam forum.

one more thing - Mobs in game is very hyperactive, they can not stop move and if they are close to the block it is difficult to hit them. I kill almost 400 mobs and it starts me disturbing.

1 Like

Having my work delete or coming to a point where I know I need to do a lot of grind and I am not ready for it.

Honestly? Strip-mining!

I feel it’s repetitive and boring. I loved the cave exploring before the 1.0 world, now it seems impossible to find gems(ruby and diamond) or titanium without strip-mining.
I don’t really mind searching for stuff and collecting them, but this… this is mindless grinding in my opinion.
This is not fun, not at all.

I don’t care if the luck stays the same (2 gem, titanium ore/block) but gems should be findable in caves.
Currently there’s is no reason to go into a cave in elemental worlds.
This kills one of the main aspect of the game, exploration.

No gems, no glowing mushrooms, no reason for a high level player.

6 Likes

i get it ofc… the P2W heavy games at the moment and the fears of it and etc…

Its a personal opinion at the end of the day… and there should e very clear info that this game is NOT in any way pay to win (REGARDLESS of what the wiki says on P2W!!!)

pay to win (to me) has always only meant

• can you buy XP boosts you cant earn in game? (if yes P2w)
  • can you buy epic sword of XYZ stats? (not available in base game) if its yes its p2w
  • can you BUY extra skill POINTS? is yes p2w

etc

this game is NOT pay to win ebcause you can earn EVERYTHING (appart from the Gleam CLub perks) in the BASE game

EDIT - my caps are for explaining and exerting a fact NOT shouting

@Auben
It has been confirmed here

That we are getting higher planets soon and thats the reason they are in short supply and its beeing further looked in to

read Stegg’s reply

1 Like

@Barneylee57
I did not say the game is P2W, i ask if people agree with someone can buy plots on whole planets.

1 Like

If someone had enough money they can plot an entire planet. I think I read a planet is over 1 million plots so it would take a lot of time and money. If someone does the developers are monitoring space plotted and can add planets at will. So the size of the universe can be expanded due to an increase in the number of players or a certain percentage of the land being plotted. So I really do not care if someone plots an entire planet. .there are always more planets if this happens.

It will eventually be cheaper to just rent a planet if you want one for yourself. But that is not an option yet.

i appologize… i tend to try to read in the lines more than anything these days due to reasons (on the forum)

I am sorry i missundertood you and if you thought i was having a go in any way

Can we please stop this discussion and arguing over what is and is not P2W. Many of us have a different definition and your definition NOT the only one in existence. I’m a bit tired being told by everyone mine (and others) definition is wrong when many of us see it different.

4 Likes

can we stop supposing everyone is arguing when all i am doing is explaining thing for some who do not understand… another thread that i have to mute @Steggs101

1 Like

The issue is you saying that your definition is correct and others are wrong.

If that would be stopped more than likely the other parts of the problem would stop. You are allowed to not agree with a persons view but you don’t need to tell them they are wrong or your answer is the way it really is.

1 Like

I must say I’m very disappointed with this change as well. I really loved my cave-based mining - strip-mining is no substitute :frowning:

5 Likes

Let me third that. I’d like to see some gems in caves too.

3 Likes

I can fourth that :wink:

if it is like that than it’s less fun. It was so interesting going through Vulpto caves and catching a ruby here and there, and you really had to look all around you up, down, all sides.

11 Likes

'Twas my favorite type of mining/exploring as well.
Strip mining is tedious when done too often, and even though I don’t mind that happening every now and then, I’d like to see some more mix between strip and cave mining. So, if more resources are allowed to spawn on cave surfaces, it’s always more fun.

3 Likes

one thing makes me absolutely mad about boundless … GLASS!

I am a huge fan of what you guys have done with the underwater atmosphere. I like building on the water. My whole city build is on water. (Storis II New Oortia portal just off the ps hub. go check it out!) I was planning on making an aquarium but was majorly saddened after clearing out a 1x2x2 UNDERWATER which is no easy task, only to find when placing glass i do not get to see through it to and underwater view but instead a really depressing water animation…WHERE IS THE GLASS THAT IS TRULY SEE THROUGH? please if you can make this happen for water it would be SO INCREDIBLE!

4 Likes

Simple, strip mining is no fun at all, especially when you have to do it alot. I always wanted to become a builder/miner, now I am seriously thinking about switching to hunter/builder. Mining is very boring now unfortunately and you spend many many hours and leave with 0 or 2-5 gems even when you are on the white spots of atlases

2 Likes

I will also agree, with the others, mining is nerffed, boring, becoming a waste of time. The availability of resources is making it extremely frustrating to me. I willing to put in hours to mine, I understand how it works and with the tools I have, it might take longer right now. But I am one hit for rock with iron and finding very little for my efforts. I want to build. I am in the game to build. If I cannot gather the resources I need to build why play? Sure I get the rock, but not the metals for tools, or for decorative metals, or enough coal for spark or furnaces. I will say the exception to all this is copper. I am ignoring copper when I find it, I have enough and do not need to waste tool durability mining it any longer. If I am having no issues finding copper on every planet from t1 - t4 why must everything else be so difficult? I mine all day in order to craft enough items to mine the next day. Switching to a hunter is not an option for me. If I want to kill things I have plenty of other gaming options.

2 Likes

After putting 200 hours in pre-release, I quit a few months ago. I came back for the re-opening, have spent 20 or so hours in it, and am gone again.

Main points:

• The skill costs are still broken AF. It’s clear the designers have a completely different vision for this than I do.
  • Mining, see above posts.
  • Perhaps the worst, though, is when I logged in yesterday and it suddenly feels like a freemium PTW iPad game.

James & company, good luck with your money grab. You guys have worked hard on it, and I hope it meets your expectations.

To all my Aquatopia homies, sorry it didn’t work out.

Brain

2 Likes