Mining drops intented?

Need tons of sap for syrup when mass crafting certain foods.

3 Likes

Yes, a lot of sap to make a lot of syrup to make a little sugar to make a few XP food. There may be a considerable market for sap for some time.

Iā€™ve personally had no issues with mob drops or plant/sap gathering with max luck since this last update, but when it comes to silver, gold, titanium, and especially gems, I only get 2 per seam block. The ores feel especially underwhelming when the world has a higher level resource like gems.

3 Likes

Getting always 2 gems/titanium with max luck and attributes bonus max since I have a full miner build this feels kinda of a waste

3 Likes

I like the rarity right now. Yes, Luck does need fixed, but i hope Each node doesnt explode 6 diamonds like it used to. Gems should be really REALLY rare, and expensive to buy. I for one wouldnt mind if things stay just as they are.

2 Likes

Yeh im experiancing the same problem as Buugi i feel like miners dont get enough love compared to other gatherers.
I have max luck and max all stat increase.
I always get 1-2 gems per diamond ore i mine.
Same goes for titanium i found 44 and like 88 gold.
Also i feel like gems are way to rare atm ive been mining alot like 5 hours straight yesterday at altitude 8 on the blast planet, in the mountains with diamonds and i only got like 82 and i was using titanium hammers, It kinda feels horrible the rareness of the gems.

Same, 2 gems max.

wow, im the unluckiest person ever. Ive been mining for 3 days and have 32ā€¦ in bright atlas spots too. I must be doing it wrong

I have advanced workbench coils crafting right now, but it was like 10 hours and something like 100+ hammers and 20 bombs to get just the diamond I needed. Iā€™m not counting how much extra time I spent on mining for silver and tech devices, it was effectively another 6 hours bare minimum.

2 Likes

I think the issue of how many resources you get from a block you mine will be solved with higher tier worlds being introduced as the player population increases.

As far as what we got in beta with the old universe compared to this new one is vastly different. Gem tools and weapons I still consider to be the go-to end game stuff to have until youā€™re able to get large quantities of dark matter, rift, and blink to make tools and weapons out of. Not to mention gems will be more accessible than those three ultra rare resources with Diamonds having high flexibility and larger stats compared to metal tools.

I think in the old universe I got around 3-5 diamonds on average per block and was averaging around 400-480 diamonds in 1 hour of mining. I think that might change though with a proper forged hammer, item buff, and skill build setup. It might actually make the whole ā€œlow resources per blockā€ issue a moot issue.

It would be pretty cool to see how those that have forged up some pretty awesome hammers could weigh in on this since a hammer with max action speed, damage, and 3x3 aoe can rip through blocks like theyā€™re nothing on top of having monstrous damage buff from skills.

Well, if this helps gauge how good those hammers are, I had one pre-wipe, but after the distribution changes for diamonds. I was getting 750+ diamonds per hour with a hammer that had AoE, Damage, and Action Speed perks.

I feel even worseā€¦ ive gotten none through the the last two days :s

I would think in the old universe gems were the level 50 + items. In the new they will have rift and blink and whatever else to be the new level 50 + items, which means the gem tools should be lower tier and therefore I would think dropping more. The planets they are on are already more challenging than in the old universe so restricting the drops seems just mean to me.

1 Like

Holy good godā€¦ thatā€™s a ton. lol

i agree a lot with this (have not checked later tiers)

but this is what i know ffrom experience in the current universe

• Coal (starter > level 3) Luck Based can drop from 1 > 5 on RNG (5 ā€¦ maybe 6>7 with max luck + attribute bonnus)
  • Tech REMNANTS only = 1 > 4 maximum (same skills as above)
  • Copper = a tiny bit lower than coal with max skills as above
  • Iron = same as copper but is RNG heavy!!!
  • no idea about later ores yet

Plants:

• Desert Swords = ALWAYS drop at least 1 Yam and 1 Fiborous (even with base skills) but can increase to 3 Yams + 3 Fiborous + a bean or two with max skills AS ABOVE
  • Rosetta Nox = ALWAYS drop as Desert sword, just replace fiborous with inky

That is as far as my current testing goes

i agreeā€¦ the plant drops feel as far removed from RNG as possible as they always drop an average standard (needs to be heavily looked in to)

1 Like

Well with the Luck stat not working properly, it affects the entire gameā€™s drop rates.

I think first fixing that is the first step to figuring out of there really is a drop rate issue.

1 Like

maybe the devs should test for maximum overpowered dev luck in the office to determin if it is a true issue and then release to a testing branch or something?

we are far too close to release/media release to do much more testing though (personal oppinion)

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of your responses, I wanted to see if this was a bug just a couple of people were seeing before reporting it.

Iā€™m waiting for Ollie to get back in next week before totally confirming this, but it looks like itā€™s simply a case of the planet tiers. When we release the two next higher tiers, youā€™ll find better drops from resource nodes there.

Just to clarify about luck as well - Luck increases the chance of a rare drop from blocks and creatures, it does not affect how many resources you get from the block. However, 2+ resources is classed as a rare drop, which is why youā€™ll get more ā€œmultiple resource dropsā€ if you have more luck.

The tool tip for luck had been flagged internally as misleading, so weā€™ve adjusted it in game to reflect this.

Still going to confirm this next week, but that seems to be situation at the moment.

7 Likes

Well the tooltip for Luck says x0.2. So basically 20% chance is how I am reading that but Iā€™ve been known to read the number of stats incorrectly.

Either way, the stat should be more noticeable with higher tier worlds if it really is working as intended.

2 Likes

then as you have confirmed the higher tiers are coming we can all rest easy until then and then report our findings -

But i do still agree that even based on luck mining nodes are more deeply set in RNG compared to Plant Nodes

EDIT-
Just realised you also said that the luck is only really intended for rare drops, not an extra ammountā€¦ ??? Then it does appear to work as intended i guess? (at least on up to T3 which is my current highest) @Steggs101

EDIT 2-
Suggestion
Maybe make it explain the luck itself increases chance on rare drops by X% rather than just x0.3% etc