Monumental

hello @monty1, the boring Frenchman is back. it’s been officially 10 months since the redemption procedure was launched and during this time there has been no news from Monumental so my question is the following: where is the procedure? there are fewer and fewer players on Steam and 23% of steam players are in “AFK looting” so what are you waiting for to communicate? if I complain it’s that I like the game otherwise I would have left without saying anything.

Have a good day

11 Likes

Ye some update would be great.

5 Likes

I could be wrong and i guess im mostly when it comes to specific people. But did we not just open already a very similar topic about this?

5 Likes

Just remember that old adage: no news is good news :laughing: :wink:

or is it? :thinking:

1 Like

dead horse
Edit: Two posts flagged to oblivion today! I hope there’s a Badge!

7 Likes

@Sergent

I know when not checking regularly, one wouldn’t necessarily search the forums to see if the answer is there already.
Here is most current Monumental message on Discord (2 weeks ago more or less):

2 Likes

Me: Checks the calendar and sees it’s been 10 months since Monumental bought the game.
Monumental: We’re still working on transitioning the game over completely.
Me, having worked in game development/software development my entire life and knowing this is a very bad sign: Checks calendar again.
Me: feelsbadman.jpg

If I had to guess, and that’s all it is is a guess, I would be willing to bet the hold up here is James and his team not making time for Monumental and moving at below a snail’s pace to fully transition this game. I saw enough towards the end of Wonderstruck’s tenure as developer/owner of Boundless to justify my bet.

10 Likes

Don’t worry things will get better… :smirk:

1 Like

The real question is: When are we going to change this forum format so we don’t have the same thread posted every other day?

3 Likes

Soonᵀᴹ

10 chars

11 Likes

I know it probably seems impossible, but I agree with Dhusk 100% on this speculation.

3 Likes

Transition period takes a year minimum, new team will come after. People expecting at the 12month mark that we’ll get an update or info, will be disappointed. You’re looking at a longer time frame. It’s just going to take time.
Progress has been made: the forums, the support email, shop, servers plus other stuff some of which you won’t see have been passed over.

No one knows whats going to happen. They’ll tell us when there is something new to be told. Like it’s been stated no news is good news and as long as the game is still here that’s a good thing it means we can still play.

The playerbase dropping is always a concern but new games coming out will always pull people off.

3 Likes

I know a lot of people wish there was updates but I am one of those who love the game with or without. But it is sad to see more and more less players. It makes me sad to see this considering I started 2 and 1/2 years ago.

5 Likes

While I agree that they took over the forums, I would not call that progress as they run worse (way slower) than they did before, at least for me. Also, others have had issues with them since they took them over. But sure I guess we can classify that as progress.

This is not a bash against you @Hazel1558 just saying that if this is what happens with the forums, I am not confident the game will get better.

1 Like

Couldnt have said it better myself!!!

2 Likes

@fatyruss - Watch, someone will write, “those numbers do not include Playstation players” :rofl:

6 Likes

I just play the game. If an update comes it comes. I’m not going to defend the game as everyone is going to have an opinion on the game and on the development or lack thereof.

You will get someone saying that and you will also get someone saying that is “only concurrent” players.

“Beating a dead horse…” is true for both sides. One side wants more communication and updates more often and the other side is just happy the way things are and will defend the game no matter what. Neither side is wrong.

There are also a few that just want to play the game.

9 Likes

Also agree. I just play the game cuz i like it. Seems like the best of its kind. Unless there is some other gem out there i dont know about

2 Likes

That is a valid concern but I did mention other things they took over like the servers for the game. There’s other stuff we won’t see.

Just like the forums the game servers aren’t great either. Which is way more concerning and more important than the forums if I’m honest.
It is worrying and I do agree with you. Didn’t mean to give the illusion that it was perfect just that there’s some progress.

Didn’t take it as a bash it’s honestly a valid point :blush:

1 Like