My color storage build, a journey

Glad to see the planets continue, granted rolling new ones would have worked just as well.

1 Like

Sure, if you knew exactly what biomes Paka had for such epicness, rolling new ones would have been the perfect solution.

3 Likes

Paka is wonderful and her planets too.

Rolling planets is an art form (and quite a bit of luck). If you need a planet for something in particular let me know Paka and I have talked in depth on planets and biomes for nearly 2 years. While I haven’t rolled near as many as Paka or Soju … I have rolled more than my fair share :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I’ll roll a new one today and shoot for a high count of one of the gems.

2 Likes

Thanks, I think I am all set. I have Tarlin for saph, Doq 'ej SuD for amethyst, Heartbreak for ruby and Hyrule for diamond. :smiley:

1 Like

Visited them all today. Thanks for all you do. Now if I can get Boundless Info to work for the resource list so I can compare a new roll to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I also have an epic mud planet…been meaning to put out a farm and a portal but just haven’t found the time.

1 Like

Just use Nixbot.

I believe the API is currently down. I usually just like to compare my results to the other planets that are out there. I let 4 planets go when everyone started leaving one was #1 for Saph, Topaz and Bitterbeans I do miss that one. I rolled about 25 planets before accepting that one as a success.

The API is down. I have tagged Angellus in discord.

1 Like

Pinged him earlier. Hopefully that gets fixed.

1 Like

I’m so sad about Paka but you are so generous to save two of her planets! Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Part 23

Once again, I have been very busy. As announced Here, I have set up my very first competition!! I hope it is successful. I also really hope that people allow the sand castles to stand for as long as they can. I have offered up my own plots as incentive :smiley:.

I have also been working on a sponge/pulsating orb farm…

…as you can see, it is huge. Accesible through my portal on the sov wall at TNT Megahub or Naecessities. I did have a few problems with rock in the center. Special thanks to @HOST for helping me design around this.

And, of course, I did another hunt. This time with @2FACEWICKED and I got some pretty great shots.

As always, I ran out of ash, mud and clay so I had to spend some time on Black and Blue Farms at the ash field. Thank you to @Soju-VB for providing so many great farms for us!!

I am still out of clay and the next batch of bricks has been waiting for a few days now. I suppose I should probably put more coin in baskets since I just DON’T WANNA. Lol.

I hope to see all of you at the contest!! But for now…

To be continued…

8 Likes

Part 24

I know I know, so many updates in so short a time. Whatever will you all do?

So, Naecessities has undergone another transformation.

It is a small one, but one none the less. A few posts ago, I mentioned that I might make room for a few shops to be a sort of mini mall. Well, I have added seven spots of varying sizes. If those fill up I will have room to add a few more. If you would like a spot, I am giving my readers first shot!! Will post in general sometime tomorrow.

The portals, too, have all been moved and I added some for you all to open, should you so choose.

I have been a very busy girl!!

Don’t forget to reserve your spot for the contest!! Building starts today!!

Guess that is it, for now…

To be continued…

13 Likes

Part 25

I have been very busy, again, but not many screenshots this time. I have been farming planets for gems and rock colors. Restocking my shops, yada yada. I participated in the sand castle contest.

So many great builds already and we still have almost a month and a half to go!! I can’t wait to see what everyone does. There are still 16 spots available, I hope that they are all filled by the end. Was hoping the competition would be a big hit but it seems it may not be. Not sure if the prizes aren’t enough or if people are just too busy with other things.

My new Naecessities Mini Mall also has 5 spots still available. Would only be 4 but someone only wanted a small shop, so I could split one. 3 spots have been taken and @RobZadouch’s pie shop is looking so cool. It’s like my own mini red-light district :smiley:

When I have a planet about to expire, I generally do a couple of gathering missions. I also like to take a few screenshots, in this case, I am going to share them because I got a couple of pretty nice ones. I actually think I will miss the coal on this one. It was loaded. I also liked some of the biome mash ups. Made for a pretty planet.

I guess, unless you would like the grueling details of my mining…for now…

To be continued…

13 Likes

I hate spiders

2 Likes

Part 26

Recently, I decided my workshop just really isn’t doing it for me. I mean, I decided it a long time ago but it worked so it was good enough. The more I look at it the more I really just don’t like it. SO, I am giving up city status to build a new workshop in a new location.

I have actually been working on it for a couple of days now and I have made great progress. Once again, I began by finding the perfect spot…

So pretty.

Then I started the basic shape.

image1

I was pretty unimpressed at this point…I even thought maybe I had made a mistake. But, I kept plugging away and it slowly began to take on a new personality.

(Please excuse the fog, I am currently experiencing technical difficulties.)

At this point, I am much happier with how it is turning out.

I have started draining the basement so all of my coils have a home.

And the views from my towers are pretty great!

Now, to finish the basement and, perhaps, do the reclaim on the old workshop.

So, for now…

To be continued…

9 Likes

I love your sense of style and design. Looking through your builds is really inspiring. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

D’aw. Thanks!! Always makes me happy to hear people like what I have done.

2 Likes

I really enjoy seeing your process. I have only been building in earnest for a few months now and it’s very interesting to me how often I can end up with something amazing if I just keep going, even if it seems like it’s going to be terrible.

“I even thought maybe I had made a mistake. But, I kept plugging away” should be embroidered on my pillows :laughing:

2 Likes

Part 27

Well, since my last post I have been pretty busy. That IRL game decided to throw a headcold and exams at me all in the same 2 weeks!! I am telling you, that game is BRUTAL. BUT, regardless of how many curvy round things it throws at me I still managed 3 A’s and 2 B’s. Pretty happy with that.

In THIS game, I have managed quite a bit on the new workshop.

Pretty happy with the machine layout so far. Only time will tell if it is functional.

Managed to do my reclaim of the old workshop. Been dreading emptying it but finally finished it today. Really not sure about this new storage system. However, if it is anything like the old workshop, it will continue to evolve. Still finding spots where I put the same items in two different areas. Lol. Perhaps getting used to the change will help a lot too.

My old forge area was hastily thrown together but I think I like it more. This area will definitely change at some point. I don’t even have workshops up here!!

Lastly, big thanks to @HOST for his help with putting all my machines on ONE SPARK GEN! Game changer right here!! Really happy with this.

Just a reminder, Naecessities Mini Mall still has open shops. Take a peek and let me know if there is something I can do to change them up and make them more appealing for setting up your shop!!

Until then and for now…

To be continued…

8 Likes