My color storage build, a journey

Thankyou so much for coming to visit my planet, you’re too sweet to me!! It was soo lovely meeting you in boundless and I am Honored to be shown the legendary workshop and color storage you’re working on!! It has been amazing reading your story through the thread and then get to see it in pixel person!!

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: my tail is invisible :rofl:

1 Like

Part 10

Wow, 10 parts. I didn’t think I would make it passed the first one, let alone 10. So, I am going on a little vacation to London and Paris and will be gone for two weeks. In preparation for that, I haven’t really gotten much done on the storage but, I thought I would give you all a little something before I go. So, I did, finally, hit the halfway point…

…right there. Exactly halfway. I also managed to get the ceiling finished.

And then I said it. Yup… “wonder how this will look.” And now the ceiling isn’t finished…again…

BUT, I really do like how this turned out, however, it does increase the amount of gleam I need for each color.

I really appreciate how the gradient looks. I can’t wait to get the empty spaces filled in. Will be sooooo satisfying.

And, the main hallway now has a bit of light…

Also, remember how I couldn’t figure out what my security company was up to? Well, it seems they have decided to strike. Apparently, one of them was blown up by a random hopper and, of course, it was all my fault.

Though I am pretty sure some of them really don’t care, they just want a reason not to work. Not sure what gives me that idea, but there it is.

Anyway, we will see where this leads. Hopefully it will be someplace quiet with mimosa’s and less oorty drama. See you in a couple of weeks!!

To be continued…

18 Likes

Lol. I like your humor throughout the journal :rofl:

1 Like

This thread has really grown on me i must admit :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for reading!! I am glad people are enjoying it.

2 Likes

Part 11

Afraid I don’t have much to report. Been playing this new game called IRL, it’s really not that great. Lots of work and grinding and little to show for it. However, I thought I would try to give a little update.

Had to do lots of farming to replenish my clay, mud and ash. It is a job that never seems to be done. I did have a bit of fun trying to clear out @Soju-VB’s ash before it started regening.

I was not successful, one of these days though, one of these days. I did, nearly fill my ash storage though.

I also managed to add a few new colors to Basically Bricks. (Which used up a bunch of the ash from my storage and now I need to visit Soju again)

And more are cooking, including the new dark red meta. Speaking of dark red meta, I am also working on refilling my dark red marble stand at Mostly Marble. It should be full by tomorrow sometime. I really think I need a new shop for the bricks. I thought this set up would work okay but each time a new color is added I have to move each following color down by one which gets a little tedious. I will think about how to fix this. Or, maybe, if I win a million from @HOST’s stream I will just hire someone to do it for me :smiley:

To be continued…

13 Likes

how would you describe it, genre-wise?

1 Like

Horror, dystopian, war. Yeah those work. :grinning:

10 Likes

Naeah! Naeah! Naeah! Naeah! :partying_face::tada:

1 Like

Yup, that about does it. It’s also like…this…open world survival…thing…except you can never get ahead. Just fall behind.

3 Likes

Part 12

I know, I have been neglecting you all. That game I was telling you about, IRL, seems to have taken on a life of it’s own and demands that I play sometimes. BUT, I have not forgotten about you. I am sure you all have been waiting with bated breath for another update so, here it is!!

I spent quite a while trying to figure out a new shop design that would work the way I want it to. The only thing I could think of was to have each color item in it’s own little area. Kind of like cubicles. I really didn’t want to make a smalller version of my almost built color storage. Then it hit me :smiley: I could just USE my color storage.

This made sense in so many ways. Now I will have a spot for all that grass and dirt and flowers that I don’t really need but can’t stop myself from picking up. I can throw anything that I have an abundance of into the stands and you fine people can just run to whatever color you are looking for. The storage is quite large so I will probably throw in a few portals to get around a little more easily. In the long run, it will actually save me a bunch of oort because instead of running portals to 3 or 4 different shops, it will all be in the same spot. Which is why I will be closing Mostly Marble and Basically Bricks. The new shop will be named Naecessities.

As for my color storage, I haven’t finished it yet BUT I am set up for quite a few colors now. I just need to put them together.

In the process of getting the things I need around, I found out that my favorite colour spray shop closed.

RIP Van Goo’s

BUT, I got to visit my second favorite shop on Lasaina. Spray Paints by @econodog in the beautiful city of Sydney.

I also got to visit @ellyphant’s gleam shop. Man I love that store :smiley:

I also had to refill some marble stands (I swear the whole of all the worlds must be done in black marble). Spent some time on Black and Blue Farms for YET MORE ash. Got more mud…still not enough.

Oh, and, I finally settled the problem with my security company. I had to hire more, they say “safety in numbers” and they demanded a break room AND an increase in pay. I even went above and beyond and got them a tv WITH surround sound. SO, no more oorty drama, for now.

Phew, this was a long one.

To be continued…

17 Likes

well euhm try keep the nails away from your archers
think you have a problem there

1 Like

yay! my favourite journal is back :heart_eyes: :clap:

sounds like a good idea - that shop merging :sunglasses:

1 Like

It actually quite amazes me that anyone at all reads this and is enjoying it. Lol.

4 Likes

Must be your sense of humor :grin:

2 Likes

Perhaps you are right. I just needed to play Boundless and be among my own people to be considered humorous. :smiley:

2 Likes

I for one keep checking for update… It’s like a TV show and you can’t wait for what happens next :grin::slight_smile:

2 Likes

No pressure. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

pressure is for tires :wink:

1 Like