My First Home <3

coolio. i’ve seen i think 2 of togar’s builds, can’t remember at all, so don’t quote me on any of it. but i remember they were pretty cool

1 Like

@Steggs101 I was passing your house and noticed part of your roof is unprotected. Just thought I’d let you know.

4 Likes

It is!?!? Damn! I’ll check it out now, thanks for the heads up man :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m gunna be totally honest guys, I was close to skipping this episode as I was quite fatigued from recording the last one, but… I figured some of you may prefer watching a less screamy Steggs once in a while :slight_smile:

7 Likes

First house: mission accomplished

2 Likes

Glad to see you’re still working on your build, @Steggs101. You asked for some suggestions, so I’ll share mine;

Put some Metaphoric Stones in your Refinery and make some Refined Metaphoric Stones - you can also use some of those Refined Stone in your Workbench and turn them into Decorative blocks. Keep the general look, but mix up your material use a little. It can look a bit plain when you use the same stone all the time.

As for those alcoves outside, you could perhaps fill them top to bottom with whatever colour Gleam wall pieces you think’ll work.

You could also do something similar inside for a bit of modernistic lighting - you know, the sort you see in hotels;

Anyway, keep at it man. You’re doing fine.

4 Likes

Ooooh that’s a nice idea there! I’ll give that a go :slight_smile: I’m going gleam hunting soon anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

Ooh, wonder if that’s possible to do with gleam slabs tucked in there? I think it’s a great idea and would look amazing.

1 Like

I don’t see why not @AnnieGYG . I haven’t tried it on ceilings myself, but I’ve done something similar in one of my hallways in the floor;

I love the lighting effects in this game. The ambiance at night is beautiful.

14 Likes

Hey @Pseudonym84 - that looks amazing!! Great work!!

5 Likes

@Pseudonym84 what is the strat you did for that underlighting?

Uh oh… spoilers :stuck_out_tongue: all will be revealed in due time my friend :smiley:

Also that lighting looks sick! It almost looks like a SPACESHIP! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

i think it looked nice with the pillars but leave the upstairs without them. it adds nice differential to it

1 Like

Oops! Sorry @Steggs101, I almost gave the game away. I removed that post to avoid any spoilers. I’ll eagerly await the answers in your next episode!

@Xanotos, unfortunately I can’t take credit for the underfloor lighting. They use the same method in Sanctum. I dug up some of my floor to show you a cross section though;

Thanks @james!

6 Likes

I’m currently copying it too haha!

2 Likes

Haha don’t worry man I was only joking, people will walk past it anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

Btw the blue gleam is on the metamorphic rock graves.

3 Likes

So technically this kind of counts as an adventure… but seeing as it’s for the build, I’ma go ahead and chuck it here.

Blue Gleam hunting!

Huge thanks to you guys for your posts on Gleam, the screenshots helped me figure it out :smiley:

3 Likes

Those poor Cuttletrunks just wanted to be on YouTube…

3 Likes

The swimming pool is here, let’s have a pool party!! #cannonball

4 Likes