New giant portal hub + Shop Plots (new)

The whole village of KrackenDown is us! Feel free to put a beacon down (either off a road or somewhere aroudn the area and we will build a road to you). We mostly keep after 9-5 day-job hours (EDT)

Wow! It’s awesome! Thanks for this opportunity! I’m excited to make friends and learn the ropes of this game!

Hi all,

An update on the shops. I wanted to show you what players made so far !
Below you see the shop and who the owner is.

If you want to see the shops from the inside then please come over to the giant portal hub and check out the shops/prices.

Hope to see you soon !

9 Likes

Place is looking amazing man,

2 Likes

I hate to say it but its the new best place for shops due to pro’s hub, there’s so much traffic. the place is booming.

Huge thanks SWProzee1 for this awesome hub allowing us all to create an amazing shopping district and a welcoming community for new players and old! As many have said over the last few days “HUB IS LIFE!” :slight_smile: …why do i look so dam evil in my shop? hahaha

3 Likes

i love it HUB for life lolz
my shop not quite finished but please do come see progress
lot off cool water features allready in place

Seconded, a lot of thanks from me to SWP, he’s been so helpful.

SWProzee1,

I was talking with the-mobius today and he showed me your new expansion to Therka Market, etc. The one with the wide wooden tunnel with shops on each side. (Near the tower with slide)…

He mentioned you all were giving shops away to starters and that I could have one right then and there… He said I should contact you here on the forums to get it…

How do we do this or set it up? Do I give you a beacon or do you just place one and give me rights??

My in game is: Xaldafax

thanks,
x

hey man wooden tunnel is mine just take a plot if ya want keep it two wide
the shop plots on the hub are prozees
maybe i miss comunicated to you

Moebius,

Thanks for letting me know. I took one of the stalls and reserved the 2x. Put up a wood front right now and will work on it over next few days/weeks.

hope to see you around…

• X

cool see ya ingame

If i would have known that this “update” would be that horrible and impossible to keep it running as a solo player, then I would not have made it.

As far as I can see now on the forums, solo players should not be able/capable to maintain a portal hub.

So hereby the announcements/statements from my side:

• No more shop plots will be given to players as the portal hub will close with this update
  • Empty your shops before the portals run out of shards and close
  • I am not capable to run this portal hub this way when it is impossible to get the oort stones it needs
  • I will not refuel portals as I am taking a long break from the game

If I cannot maintain the portal hub on my own then I rather not have the hub at all. (I have seen the chaos when 6 people maintain a portal hub, I don’t want that so I started it solo)

I am really disappointed with this update.

It’s very sad to see you say this. You’ve been a great deal of my inspiration to start running portals.

Since the costs are increasing I’m very willing to cooperatively help fund/supply a larger hub should you change your mind. With the amount of new players joining Boundless I think we can make it work.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that man.

Have a big thanks from me for all your support helping me get to grips with the game, and whilst I’ll lose out with the hub closing, it’s your hub and if you’re no longer having fun maintaining it, you shouldn’t.

Hopefully you’ll be back before all the beacons burn out! :wink:

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. But I do understand your frustration with how the changes will make it extremely time consuming if not impossible to keep all the portals open. I have appreciated the effort you made in creating and maintaining the hub. Thank you

It will be interesting to see the impact of your hub closing. I know I built up my main house near your portal on Solum. If there is no portal, then there will not be any foot traffic for the markets and really no reason for the entire place to exist. With so few players spread over such great distances, the portals allowed for communities to be close enough to interact with each other. Even though Krackendown is the third largest community on Solum, it might make more sense to tear down my place and relocate to be closer to Pixel Gate before the hubs close. If people become more “trapped” on their home planet due to a decrease in available ort stone, the largest communities may be the only ones that can maintain a thriving market and any kind of public access to portals.

1 Like

If the portal hub closes, I would be willing to try starting our own portal hub in Krackendown.

1 Like

look at plaza most portals are now owned by different people like @OmniUno
@Heureka @andysav and more
and its managable because i keep up just 3 and one maybe will go cause its my shop on hub
me so sad
atleast let us get tokens to refuel it if people want to
maybe i manage the one on plaza i can close my portal straight to the shop there and fuel the hub portal instead

plus we ask help from comunity i know it not your style but it works
plaza proofs it

1 Like

Since so many shops are at the plaza now it would be much more sensible to keep a portal there open (vs getting everyone to move their shops). I’d love it if you kept it open to Moebius Plaza!

1 Like

yes thers new a new temple beeing build witch will portal to shopping place owned by 14 people but dont remember wich crew lolz