New tool "drone"

Hey @james,

Would it be possible to have a new forge or tool that launches a small “drone”, or basically a camera you can look through to view your building for construction purposes without having to jump around and making “nerd poles”.

I think this could be very useful to view how your build looks and to see anything you might have missed without dieing from falls or grappling all awkwardly just to view possible missing blocks.

I would find this very interesting and it could potentially be wrapped into a robotics skill tree if you guys ever go that route.

Which I would love.

Thanks

Edit: expanding on the first couple of comments below.

A possible recipe could include something like:

25 ancient tech remnants
10 ancient tech components
3 ancient tech devices
10 flotation sacs
1 road runner eye ( due to long range sight)
1 hopper core ( for power/heat generation)
2 bonding agent

(Might be too many ingredients, just trying to give an idea for technology building)

10 Likes

Ingredients:

10 ancient technology fragment
1  glue
1  cuttletrunk
5 Likes

I could definitely see some Flotation Sacs in this recipe, haha! Maybe even the Cuttle trophy.

1 Like

Added a possible recipe to op

I’d like to upgrade my drone by installing a slingbow so it can defend me while I build.

4 Likes

We’ve had a few suggestions like this.

I really liked this one to have a remote controlled Cuttle: Cameras or Pets? - #2 by ctrl-64

2 Likes

Yeah I am building a large build, and I am just thinking to myself. “There has got to be a better way to see flaws”

Hopefully james sees this.

Don’t forget the Circuit Blocks… those would do nicely in any “Robotics” recipes

4 Likes

LOL, love this.

2 Likes

Yes please! I don’t desperately need this, but it’s really useful for nerd pole -builders like me. It could also be used to make beautiful screenshots of builds or landscape. :smile:

2 Likes

@james @Leahlemoncakes PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE GAME!! I’d spy on other people with this >:)
:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face: @BabyCookie please get some cookies in here

2 Likes

Hands lunai-chan a :cookie:

@james @Leahlemoncakes heres the cookies!

Your pile of cookies

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: and the cherry on top, :cherries:

2 Likes

D: a Cherry trying to trick me in eating ma Veggies (O.O)

eh, its just a cherry ON TOP. cherries are good for you! eat some!

1 Like