News: Vote#4 results posted

Maybe you still could do. If you get complete control in a dynamic class you could create a mage however you want it. That is if I have got the right end of the stick…

It have been brought up and personally i am a bit against it, i dont think we should ease up the content just because some people refuse to party, the titans most likely wont give a damn if you are 1 or 5 players, it will try to kill you never the less xD

I would say that the non fighters should be able to progress by doing something equally challenging or actually even more time consuming related to what they do. Like (If crafting progression becomes a thing) creating some special kind of items that allows you to go to the next tier or collecting some special materials that allows you to progress that way.

I read major like “Minecraft death”

1 Like

I feel like death needs to be expanded on more. Major/Minor are to simplistic to extrapolate what people actually think.

yeah… the questions are waaay too vague, which is why i imagine they took the safe route out

for going to higher tiers, personally i dont think they belong there, cause they will just die, it would also gather up most crafters on the tier 1 worlds making that kinda the ‘‘hub’’ worlds where people build and gather, while the higher up tiers are bases and such for guilds or small camps like that.

I can understand why they would want to though, for example a builder that will build for the guild on higher tiers, however i also mentioned that in the discussion about it, in my eyes the builder should just come fight the titan, if he is building for the guild then he should easily be able to find somebody who will do the titan fight with that handicap.

there you go. expanded XD

[quote=“Zouls, post:78, topic:2067”]
I can understand why they would want to though, for example a builder that will build for the guild on higher tiers[/quote]

Or gatheres like miners and such, and of course if you just want to meet your guild members on the higher levels.

The problem with this is that a lot of titan fights would then include quite a few extremely squishy people that is just there to gain whatever you need to continue.

Yeah I get that but if that is the baseline is Major going to be a spawn penalty? Minor is you respawn 5 ft from your dead body? As good as that description is it lends no aid in categorizing Major and Minor. In the end death is always going to be a very hot topic until it is finalized.

1 Like

Let them. hopefully its not fights where you just run up and get the bonus without being in a party with the people. i can understand gatherers and miners, and while they can ofc go around doing that, i still think they should be strong enough to be on the tier, i think its a genius idea to make people kill a titan before they can go up, and its a nice way to both add a goal and a limitation to what tier you are on :smile:

1 Like

i think you spawn in your beacon, but yeah death is a hot topic, i think it was 130 posts on the old forums and here https://forum.oortonline.com/t/death-toll/227 it is 160, if you are interested :smile:

i think one thing that could be done was to allow shrines in beacons, meaning that you can tie your soul to a shrine where you will spawn when you die, and then have a sort of money penalty that will gather in the shrine, this would mean that people that set up shrines in very hard areas can get alot of money from people binding their soul to it and dying. just a random thought though.

1 Like

Well put! I think the devs should decide where and how big the capital is, and the players can talk about the designs and the devs can ‘okay’ it or moderate it to make sure its good, and then a group can get together to build it!

Theennnnn go play trove bruh :neutral_face:

nothing intense about trove, that game is casual as hell xD

Weither intense or not its still long enough that your pizza will get their before it even ends if they did it in oort :wink:

what are you even talking about…

The whole point of scaling is so that the difficulty is as similar as possible relative to the number of players near the titan haha. This makes it so that the fight is appropriately challenging without people being able to zerg it to death in a matter of minutes. As I suggested (see below quote), scaling could happen only after a set number of players are already nearby to ensure it doesn’t scale down to make it too easy for smaller groups…(now who isn’t reading? :stuck_out_tongue: )

I think scaling is a really good idea that several games already use to address the issue of zerging that you brought up. As long as it’s still challenging enough to require multiple people and doesn’t scale down to avoid this, I see no real issue with it. Was this your only complaint?

Answered the wrong post :laughing:

oh you think? XD

That it might be tricky, i suggested a titan bubble but i was told no to that… so i guess it would be one thing, but how would you scale a titan to for example 100.players? scaling in theory tends to work wlel, but in practice i havent sadly seen it done well yet, i think the only game i ever saw getting close was GW2 event scaling :smiley:

GW2 scaling (as far as I remember from playing it briefly) was to increase the number or difficulty type (veteran, champion, etc.) of mobs. Here, we’re only talking about one mob.

I’m suggesting increasing the health pool proportional to the number of players nearby. I’m sure abilities such as personalized AoEs (I’m thinking of cave-in mechanics, underground spike mechanics, projectile volley abilities, etc.) could be coded to target any nearby players such that they auto-scale. As long as the health pool scales proportionally, the fight couldn’t be won via zerging.