Now that every sovereign world gets a "Gleam Lake" biome - Paintable Gleam?

Yes please, let’s do that over a weekend.

3 Likes

Yes. I agree.

I don’t think it was intentional. But people are desperate for colors so…

1 Like

All gem worlds use the same color algorithm.

:rofl: sorry couldn’t help it.

Huh, I thought certain colors spawned more frequently depending on planet type. For example light colors for blink worlds and dark colors for umbris.

Like white, purples, and bluish colors for cold planets

Orange and yellows for shock.

Purple and green for toxiic

I remembered reading this about Umbris planets:

It would be nice to have an idea of what the different color profiles tend to be towards. Maybe a little write-up about each config that is linked on the order form?

I still wish the theming would go out the window so it is TRUE randomized color selection.

2 Likes

All different Algorithm are :

Coal T3, T4, T5, T6 (Any color - Can be Darker or Lighter)

Metal T3 , T4, T5, T6 (Any color - Can Be Less saturated Color)

Lush T1, T2, T3, T4 (T1, T2 are mixed with some wached out blue color, T3-T4 Any color can be liighter )

Gem T5, T6 (Any colors)

Umbris (Red,magenta,orange colors)

Blink (Bright/light color mostly)

Rift (Blue,turquoise,magenta etc)

4 Likes

Actually it is more dubious than that. RNG is tricky because every RNG gets to a point where some numbers start getting repeated lots and others are only hit every 1 in 1000 rolls of the RNG or worse. So it is more likely that it could take 3 to 5 years before even getting close to unlocking them all.

Your not wrong in the way you broke it down I just wanted to point out that it is a bit more nefarious than what it looks from the surface.

I have written programs that the RNG gets stuck in a wierd way and never hits it target number even after thousands of permutations.

But you are for sure correct that the more that gets exposed the less likely a new one will be exposed and thus it should be, because of math and science ya know :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

What are the differences between planet type are the atmosphere which change the visual look of the colors. You still could have some tan color on cold world, but since the atmosphere is blue it will tint that color to the eye.

1 Like

it’s players decision if they want to spend money on unlocking colors

not devs or their system fault

everyone could just pick their biomes and accept the generated world, the same way we accept public worlds the way they are

we do have a choice to not spend money and a choice to not turn it into a lottery

2 Likes

False, the devs designed it this way.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I presented 2 models. The first model only accounted for linear progression of unlocks and takes 2 years. The second model accounts for the stamp collector problem and I’m not going to try to do the math, but I would say your 3-5 years is likely low.

The last color alone, 1/255 odds, would take, on statistical average, 5 months to unlock at 50 planets a month if you ignore that the system isn’t purely random, but is weighted toward certain colors.
Because of statistics, that 5 months is actually most likely to be about 3.5 - 6.5 months, but there is a small (~2-4%) chance it could be as early as 1 week or as late as 10 months.
And that’s just for the final color.

2 Likes

I would agree I am being generous with my time frame, it is more of a best case scenario :rofl:
Knowing how these things work it would seem to be more like 10+ years. People can keep spending their money but I am like you and see it as a practice in futility. But they more they spend the more Wonderstruck can do for the game :rofl:

2 Likes

its not designed this way to make people pay thousands before they get happy
its designed this way because world generation is by default just that - a generation; random occurrences within chosen parameters - and sovereign worlds are part of MMO open universe and thus cannot be strip of randomness (not completely)

if people chose to indulge in buying multiple worlds for this or that purpose (to get wanted colors or that perfect terrain they want), it’s simply their choice; you might say they try to “play” the system to achieve something they want badly

3 Likes

IMG_2292

1 Like

If it was truly random occurrences within chosen parameters, it would be true randomness and none of this themed bullocks that goes on with the world generator.

Also, this debate has happened in the past with people like you white-knighting for the devs, Just because you like how a system is doesn’t mean its fundamentally flawed. At its core due to certain individuals wants for having color rarity in a game that currently (Doesn’t mean the roadmap (which I’d still like to see btw) doesn’t have plans to flesh out other systems) primarily based around building with cubic shapes in a virtual environment, this is why we have these lootbox-styled slot machine color generation algorithms. I would’ve preferred to have full control over block colors, not RNG.

Okay, let’s get rid of beacon permission controls, remove the ability to privatize the worlds, all worlds must be fully public, remove the ability for planet “owners” to reclaim others’ beacons, and make them follow 100% the rules of the open mmo worlds. no ability to restrict access to individual players… etc… No, this doesn’t fly with me with the current implementation of the world control and the settings one can choose on sovereign worlds.

1 Like

I am not.

I just see how people project their expectations believing that something they want the most SHOULD be made available for them.
Whatever way the system is designed, devs can’t make everyone happy, so they might well continue with how they want the universe to work and be created (be it public or sovereign worlds).
They still listen to feedback enough (like when they introduced biome choice for sovereign worlds) - but they keep working around a central idea and it’s good because any game needs a CORE that doesn’t change constantly just because players want it.
It also creates continuity which is pivotal as the game progresses from its own ideas in the past into some evolved version of itself in the future. The core ideas are better kept intact. Like the randomness of world generation.

As a space and planets explorer that we are in this game, do we want to explore universe as it is, wondering what we will find next, or we want every world to be 100% predefined in every detail and layer of blocks and resources and colors etc.? The latter is not exploring - it’s simply getting what you want - building worlds block by block and painting it with full control. That’s creative mode.

At the moment, the way the sovereign are, there is a fairly good balance between control and randomness. It’s not perfect and sure it needs polishing, but the basic idea is good: no full control of world generation.

2 Likes

Being part of universe doesn’t have to mean 100% compatibility. Paying money for something means buyers need to get something too.

It was clear from the start that private worlds are there mostly to allow control of beacons and visitors, to allow hassle-free and troll-free environment.

The most important segment of being part of universe is that sovereign and creative don’t break progression and economy balance (so, sovereign give private troll-free space to build and explore, but they don’t bypass random factor in color and resources generation; creative then don’t allow transferring items, but provide non-survival and instant style of play).

There is balance there that makes sense.

2 Likes

The results are in - locked in all default colors - 8/10 are preset generation, two I selected biomes. Not sure which one is which :man_shrugging:

All are public (visit, gather, and plot) - If anyone wants to extend them have fun!

Ordered in distance from TNT Megahub:

Anantherme - T5 - Serp - Red/Orange/Purple

Eta Ursa Mino - T5 - Serp - Blue

Dreiza - T5 - Flan - Blue/Green

Koradalna - T5 - Besevrona - Orange

Jaemus I - T6 - Shedu - Green

Sollassi - T6 - Shedu - Purple

Beta Scor - T6 - Galan - Red/Orange

Solagar - T6 - Kol Huroo - Red/Yellow

Tauriginias - T6 - Houchus - Blue

Coroth - T6 - Norkyna - Yellow/Orange

I am going to map Tauriginias - T6 - Houchus - Blue. It has high Topaz % and nice colors. Want to see what the terrain looks like then might keep it.

2 Likes