Now that every sovereign world gets a "Gleam Lake" biome - Paintable Gleam?

Or just not even spawn a planet, just let people pay online and spin a color wheel :skull_and_crossbones: since the planets will be tossed if they don’t have a new color

5 Likes

Good and efficient idea :sweat_smile:

Lols major streamlining some gambling

1 Like

I don’t even need or want luminous yellow, I was just curious as to the odds.

Its $100 towards supporting a game that I love and within my budget :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Well dang, at least be efficient with it if it’s going to happen. Meanwhile, they can send out the T8s and hunters to stalk us :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That would actually be a color gambling game.

You are just not wanting to see my point, but whatever I won’t keep feeding you more nonsense.

I mean I think its okay. People are not forced to roll so many planets. It’s what they want to do at the moment.

Edit: I dont think the devs foresaw all the rerolling for colors.

2 Likes

Honestly don’t care about the gleam, the colors of things I want are foliage and not likely to unlock anytime soon. Gleam isn’t as tied down as the other blocks that aren’t sprayable.

4 Likes

Of course I’m being silly and sarcastic, I do think the whole thing is a bit sad though.

There’s not much difference between what’s happening now & an online color gambling game.

Hopefully the $ injection will give them a boost & be put to good use.

3 Likes

I did notice that shadow blue is creeping into the plant colors. Prob not the color you’re looking for though.

It’s sad that this is what it has become for a lot of people… a form of gambling. It’s not the purpose of sovereigns but for some it seems to be their purpose for renting so many.

So I have to agree with both camps on this one… the gambling is a choice people are consciously making knowing full well that the odds are ludicrous. But then gambling in real life is a choice also, so just because people dont have to gamble does not excuse the fact that it is a gamble.

Maybe publicly releasing the odds of each colour appearing will be enough. At least then if people are making the choice to spin the wheel of fortune they will know exactly what they are doing and it becomes an informed decision.

As to the OP. Once all the colours are available what will even be the point of being able to spray gleam? I’m assuming just to be able to spray higher end gleam based products such as chests, signs, poles and beams? I’m not against the idea at all, just wondering what the real advantage of it is besides a little convenience.

4 Likes

Yeah, this is what I’m curious about. As I have a paint shop. Will I need to scrap it in the future?

2 Likes

No you wont. Some people would still prefer to paint marble rather than craft it.

And I like using it for adding a little texture/colour variation to builds. Rather than removing and replacing blocks at random it is much easier just to spray them at random.

And I love painting pink trees brown!! :joy:

3 Likes

I agree. People should def spend their $ however they choose. Everyone now has an additional opportunity to support the game.

If there is very little chance of spawning certain colors, I do hope they will let everyone know. So people don’t keep throwing $ at rentals trying to get the last few colors that haven’t showed up yet. The odds get smaller and smaller the longer it goes.

2 Likes

This is a point I’d like to argue. I cannot speak for the rest of the world, but in the US, Europe, Asia, … the odds in games-of-chance must be publicly advertised.

We have no idea what the odds of receiving what we hope to get are.

This is a blind gamble and frowned upon in the majority of the world.

EDIT: And to be blatantly clear - I do not believe WS will tell us the odds of receiving a particular color block as a roll as they do not know nor are they capable of calculating it as a percentage.

2 Likes

Like I say… I support both camps.

If people are prepared to spend 1000’s of dollars trying to get a VIRTUAL COLOURED BLOCK… well then… maybe they need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Gambling is an addiction, a habit and it is understandable when you have a chance of winning 1 billion dollars (insert dr evil meme). But when you have the chance of winning silk yellow gleam for everyone else (not just you)… that’s hardly enticing.

1 Like

The color unlocks are an attempt to enable the community to have more colors while not just instantly making some players’ goo farms lose a lot of their value (a compromise). The focus wasn’t to make it color roulette, but the second it was announced made it obvious to everyone what was going to happen. None of the opinions expressed in any of these threads should really surprise anyone who has spent the last three months here. No crystal ball needed sometimes :man_shrugging: .

7 Likes

The good news is gleam isn’t used to craft the things that goo spray can paint. So paint will still be needed, I suppose.

It also doesn’t replace petrolim, lucent gems, etc… so Exos will still have purpose.

3 Likes

I disagree. $1000 to you may be $10 to someone else. If it gets to the point where someone is sacrificing basic needs to spin worlds then yes that would be a problem.

I don’t mind the way it was implemented because the real purpose of sovereigns is to give people a quiet place to build. The new colors are just a bonus and a spinning multiple worlds is a way to support both the game and the community.

4 Likes

Disagree with what exactly? I just threw out an arbitrary number that to your average person will be an awful lot of money of money to spend on a virtual building block colour… I wasn’t going to try and account for each and every individual financial situation of every player in each and every individual currency.

Have a look at the average salary in a few countries around the world.

This is exactly how I feel about the system myself.

1 Like