Obj files?

No program. I just really appreciate those scary pictures and that’s the model object I want to represent my character.

1 Like

I’ve sent you a pm on discord with the files of some characters

2 Likes

@Dulki If they are rigged I’d like to see how you did that lol

I do have one that I have rigged but only basic, no fingers added.
Did it with a addon that is in blender you just have to turn it on.

2 Likes

Did you do the rigging manually? Or have you been working on a converter which includes the skeleton?

I just did it manually

For the creature and character models, most are missing part of a leg or an entire leg(s). Did I unpack them wrong? (I know the faces/clothes/etc are in separate files)

Possibly a bug with the converter? Those models have extra vertex attributes to do with skinning and the skeleton so if those aren’t considered those models can break
Weird that only parts are missing and other bits are fully intact though :thinking:

Which converter were you using out of interest?

BoundlessModelToObj.exe

Then this in cmd
K:\BoundlesstoOBJ\BoundlessModelToObj-1.0\BoundlessModelToObj.exe -i “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\creatures\roadrunner\models\roadrunner_01.dae.msgpack” -o K:\BoundlesstoOBJ\unpacked -g “[[249,237,206],[249,237,206],[249,237,206]]” -e “[255,255,255]”

My old converter may manage to get the correct geometry but wouldn’t do textures, you might be able to reuse the textures from Simoyds converter though

1 Like

I’ll check those sometime this week :+1:

3 Likes

When I tried importing straight into blende, it didn’t like that and randomly killed some shapes.

I have to play with the converter again to remember how to werk it.

I am playing around with silhouettes for the character models and maybe you can model it? wishful thinking

I do wanna know how did you rig it

I’ve used Blender a few times here & there, but I’m not completely familiar with it. Maybe there is a plugin that will help import/render the files better?

I used Maya to do the rig.

I do think Maya is a easier way to play with the models. I remember seeing somewhere Maya was used for a model. Safe to assume that everything was designed in Maya

1 Like

I do have an old python script I cobbled together to output meshes with their rigs and an animation, it’s a mess but I could clean it up and link it if you were interested
anim

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it but I’m not sure how much time I’ll have for this. It’s kinda random - when I can find an extra minute here and there.

1 Like

Does that rigging have a tail? Lol.

2 Likes

Yeah! Same rig from the old cat race, never a tail in game but the concepts had one!

2 Likes

I want the old cat race back. Tails would have looked awesome and khajiit would be happy :smiley:

1 Like

I want a potion in-game that will turn me into a cuttletrunk so I can fly & zap things or a hopper so I can bomb-mine (I never tried that :frowning: ). It would be nice to have the old cat race, new races, new anything lol.

5 Likes