Oort Online Race Suggestions

This is just a topic where everyone can post suggestions for races.

Here are some that already exist:

(courtesy of @james)

(left - insect descended race, right- reptile descended race)
(courtesy of @ben)

(courtesy of someone)

7 Likes

I would love to see a bull descended race similar to the Tauren from Wow.

5 Likes

I would really love a Tauren as well.

4 Likes

anyone ever see “the dark crystal” Oort reminds me alot of that movie… some of the races in that movie like the mystics and skekzies and gelflings …

also could make a race that was created by the ancient magic clockwork type mechanical character…
semi steampunk di vinci type machination (automaton kinda) …

4 Likes

I think that every race; Reptile, Insect, Mammal, Avian and Aquatic, should have sub races. (This is my comment in the conflict nerds Oort online Challenge "Create a Race. As you can see, I made several)

REPTILES

1. Gecko: A versatile character, with the ability to slow fall down the sides of blocks
  2. Chameleon: A sneaky species that changes color based on environment. This makes monsters not immediately attack you.
  3. Snake: A deadly opponent in battle, this race could have the option for a lung attack or poison
  4. Dragon: An ancient race, with the ability to glide and have slight resistance to fire.

INSECTS

1. Dragon fly: A fast moving race, that, while jumping or in the air, can move with more agility.
  2. Spider: A nasty race, with either poison, web slinging, or wall climbing
  3. Bee: A normally passive race, has a venomous revenge attack if killed.
  4. Ant: A hard worker, that has more inventory space.

MAMMALS

1. Bison: A hearty race, with nomadic skills, and a nasty charge ability.
  2. Ram: An solo act, rams have a double jump for climbing rugged terrain.
  3. Wolf: A pack hunter, with the ability to track prey with smell.
  4. Weasel: A misteevus race, these jokers have a boost in running on long grass.

AVIAN

1. Owl: A nocturnal predator, the owls have a slightly better vision at night.
  2. Hawk: An apex hunter, The hawks have an ability to see things far away.
  3. Eagle: A traditional species, these hunters can dive deeper in water
  4. Crow: A shady character with an eye for valuables, the crow has a slightly better loot drop from normal monsters

AQUATIC

1. Turtle: A slow moving and patient creature, It has a boost in armor.
  2. Shark: A swift killer, the shark can hit with more damage while in water.
  3. Puffer fish: A pointy character, that has a poisonous touch with monsters.
  4. Whale: A dosile species, with the ability to eat krill from large bodies of water
14 Likes

i agree with that Gyro sub races being “classes” that would be the most ideal way to tackle it

3 Likes

(This is not my idea in the slightest but I love the concept)

"I think that every race; Reptile, Insect, Mammal, Avian and Aquatic, should have sub races. (This is my comment in the conflict nerds Oort online Challenge "Create a Race. As you can see, I made several)

REPTILES

1. Gecko: A versatile character, with the ability to slow fall down the sides of blocks
  2. Chameleon: A sneaky species that changes color based on environment. This makes monsters not immediately attack you.
  3. Snake: A deadly opponent in battle, this race could have the option for a lung attack or poison
  4. Dragon: An ancient race, with the ability to glide and have slight resistance to fire.

INSECTS

1. Dragon fly: A fast moving race, that, while jumping or in the air, can move with more agility.
  2. Spider: A nasty race, with either poison, web slinging, or wall climbing
  3. Bee: A normally passive race, has a venomous revenge attack if killed.
  4. Ant: A hard worker, that has more inventory space.

MAMMALS

1. Bison: A hearty race, with nomadic skills, and a nasty charge ability.
  2. Ram: An solo act, rams have a double jump for climbing rugged terrain.
  3. Wolf: A pack hunter, with the ability to track prey with smell.
  4. Weasel: A misteevus race, these jokers have a boost in running on long grass.

AVIAN

1. Owl: A nocturnal predator, the owls have a slightly better vision at night.
  2. Hawk: An apex hunter, The hawks have an ability to see things far away.
  3. Eagle: A traditional species, these hunters can dive deeper in water
  4. Crow: A shady character with an eye for valuables, the crow has a slightly better loot drop from normal monsters

AQUATIC

1. Turtle: A slow moving and patient creature, It has a boost in armor.
  2. Shark: A swift killer, the shark can hit with more damage while in water.
  3. Puffer fish: A pointy character, that has a poisonous touch with monsters.
  4. Whale: A dosile species, with the ability to eat krill from large bodies of water"- GyroParadox

I want to play a mole race :slight_smile:

(not my concept art but Iove it :D)

7 Likes

I love how you say you want to play a mole and the picture is CLEARLY a turtle :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

He could have meant “mole” as in someone who digs underground.
Or, if I do remember correctly, English is not his 1st language? I might be confused with someone else though.

Yeah english is not my 1st language :slight_smile: The artist called it mole race :smiley: I think it looks like a rock turtle (but it still looks awesome)

This race idea ties in with the video from the developers of having one block tall races (along with 2 and three block tall races). Makes the concept of the 1 block high doors etc really intriguing. Love the idea though - looks great!

1 Like

Im going to make a short people clubhouse, only the 1 block tall races can get in.

1 Like

a hobbit hole? :smiley:

So I decided to have a crack at designing my own race, I tried to draw him in the shape of the existing concept art. I won’t be offended if you don’t like it, what matters is I had fun drawing it.

4 Likes

kinda looks like a minotaur :smiley: I like it

I’m going to redraw it later all put together, I was in a hurry because I thought I wouldn’t have time to finish it today.

I would just stand there and let people kill me. Haha.

@zeathoros that art is great! And that mole race is incredible that you posted @Predatoxic
I’m terrible at drawing but I want to see what people would have in mind for a cat race and monkey race visually.

I tried drawing an ape race :slight_smile: I think it turned out pretty meh but I still want to share it with you :stuck_out_tongue: (I’m not that good at drawing)

3 Likes