Oort Online Race Suggestions

Crowfall is doing Centaurs atm, looks decent but still…

it depends on how it is done i reckon, also when i asked about 4 arms i think it would be cool but i also think it would be pretty hard to balance which is why i reckon most races will look more or less alike in terms of bodyparts and equipment slots

1 Like

4 legged races would work fine if we where not restricted to make them fit inside an 1x1x2 area. Having 4 legs would normaly mean a longer body though.

as you said, i dont think you can do 4 legs without having a longer body, like centaurs. unless all the legs are clustered like a retarded spider, but that would just be weird and creepy as hell at the same time o.o

1 Like

It depends. But the additional mass has to go somewhere xD

We could just give them creeper legs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had that thought for a second too but that just wouldn’t look good in Oort I think^^

Yup that would look so ugly but it is close to the only way I can find to put 4 legs inisde 1 block.

3 Likes

To be fair, crow falls centaurs looks pretty beast

my biggest problem is just the fact that oort is a voxel game so having to have 4 legs would be a bit of a problem (crowfall devs also admitted that their artists and programmers hated them because it took so much work to get centaurs right)

the reason i suggest four hands is that most races would have the upper body space anyways, so if you made the arms a bit smaller you could fit two set, an example is from the last remnant

however that would also be pretty dang hard to balance out so while i suggested it i wouldnt mind keeping all races to two legs and two arms, but again, matter of preference.

3 Likes

Have you seen kindred? They are my new favorite by far! Love me some dark themes :grin:

hi it has been a long time. so right down to what i want to say. so i had this idea for a race. the race is goats i like idea of having a billy goat name billy!!!. and billy likes guns and crossbows so i hope to see a race that at least look like a goat if they do not put in a goat race.

Billy!!! out

1 Like

This should really go in off-topic. I don’t see how this is a worthwhile suggestion.

1 Like

Done! :smile:

he/she could post it into the race suggestions topic ^^

Well only the devs(@james,@ben) and @Havok40k are able to merge topics. I summon thee!

WHO DARES SUMMON ME?!
Request granted this time, mortal. Next time, I demand an exchange of one soul.

2 Likes

A goat race could be cool. Maybe something similar to the faun (greek lore - you might better known them from Narnia)

2 Likes

BUBBLEFISH!! :smile:
I think I mentioned this once before: A little fish which suddenly doubles in size when the player is approaching. Imagine swimming through a swarm of these fishes and they pop up like popcorn. Sort of a mimosa effect.

3 Likes

That is quite a cool creature :slight_smile:

It is not a playable race though which is what this topic is for.

Thanks, man :blush: Yes, somehow I overlooked that this thread is for playable creature/races. I made a few minor sketches for a fish creature - I’ll post it in the right thread :slight_smile:

1 Like