Oort Online Race Suggestions

Q7Q Oh my gosh they’re precious! Thank you for drawing these, they look Amazing!
That neck floof though, omg :smile:

Last one seems a little husky
So puny :wink:

1 Like

Might sound stupid. but can you do scars with these colors? they look amazing, but would be über cool to have a ‘‘combat’’ face of some wolf with a scar over the eye xD

Just a thought, but wouldn’t the workers be the huskies ones from a logical point of view? Not that it matter honestly or had no bearing on anything :3

@Nyuudles they are so cute. Though I would think the merchants would be a little thinner like replace the Merchants with the Workers and then ya. But still great! I was just thinking cause of the activity they’d have to be doing, unless the merchants would be doing ALOT of heavy lifting. XD

I’d personally would love to see like a lion-catish race with horns. XD

@hyllfyr you’re right :x I chose husky for merchants at first because they looked big and imtimidating (in terms of negotiating).

Finished canine for ya @WinterHyena

And a little bonus since I had some fun.

Middle-ish one is their “god” or “creator”
I started thinking that maybe in the future. each race should have their own maker to worship.

21 Likes

O-Oh my gods they’re so precious!

Q7Q The merchants must be protected at all costs holy moley.

They’re amazing, also I’m digging the idea of the creator, that’d be a really neat concept and the art is absolutely incredible!

Very cool concepts, I’d love to see what they’d look like in-game. :smiley:

1 Like

OMG THE MIDDLE ONE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND SHINY!
I’m in love!

The fox girl looks incredible too :slight_smile:

@ben you guys really should hire nyuudles…

When can you start, Nyuddles? :wink:

They’re really, really cool.

5 Likes

I’m jeux-lous :disappointed_relieved:

just throwing some ideas out :slight_smile:

Something like the strix: (Yes i know they have a very human like body but they are epic )

Now we are at bird races (Which is all equally awesome) I am going to mention tengu too:

And owl people:

It could be cool if we could get some races which are not bipeds

like the drider:

Or the naga:

3 Likes

The things nightmares are made of lol.

i would love to play as a fox swift low health medium attack kind of thing good amount of jump pretty stealthy a bit of a trickster or thief kind of class high int score med wisdom score medium general size plus i really love foxes

kinda like this a Kitsune like race
maybe with a bit more weapon versatility than just daggers like bows crossbows swords trap and other weapons of similar usages

4 Likes

I’m so hyped about bird race, really! Maybe they can have different heads which resemble different kinds of birds (owls, eagles, etc), and maybe have some innate ability which allows them to glide downwards instead of just falling - if there will be racial abilities like that at all, of course.

4 Likes

Or maybe some kind of all around furry people?

Because then we could have catfolk:

And ratfolk

In the mix too together with whatever else peopel can come up with of similar types :slight_smile:

Do you have any other ideas for bird people? Because I am kinda running dry over here.

You mean driders? Becasue I can find much more scary stuff than those.

Say hello to the Gibbering Mouther:

1 Like

Lol we need scary monsters in oort. The kinds that make us scream and yell when we get surprised by one like mine craft creepers and scary zombies. Lol

Catfolk/ratfolk is an AWESOME idea and might make usually-boring Felines into something much more interesting (take Khajiits for example).

As for the birds, it’s actually not that hard. As I mentioned above, we could have different “types”, like owlkin, eaglekin, griffins and others.

There are a lot of other examples out there too!
Arakkoa:

Arakkoa Highborn (or Uncorrupted):

Some Arakkoa statues:

Some other concept I found - with different faces! The base is the same which is much easier to do in-game:

Tengu from Guild Wars universe:

So yeah, there’s a lot of examples out there, it’s not a new idea. However, it’s much more interesting than, say, common Elves (though I do like Elven aesthetics and culture, so maybe it can be incorporated in some less obvious ways than just pointy ears and tree-hugging).

4 Likes

I’d love to see a turtle-dove.