Oort Online Race Suggestions

Omglob I definitely want to see what you do with the deer (nice landscape too!)
Maybe more majestic antlers tho, cuz that’s like the best part about deer.

1 Like

So, I’m all aboard the bird hype train, and then this one comes whizzing by. I felt the urge to jump on, whether or not I could make the leap lol.

I would love a deer-like race. The potential is so awesome! I imagine everything from elegant does to broad bucks. I see moose with their intimidating stature and elks with their agile physique. I’m drooling now. Sorry.

I saw your canine races, which are just amazing!

@Squaremuch

I kept thinking about that :confused: I just don’t know how you can make antlers huge without having it stab through ceilings/caves in-game. If that’s what you meant.

@Nissalee
yes ^^ a race from the cervidae family will be awesome! (not as awesome as owls imo).

Deer race for elfs Would be awesome XD also more Oortie, but can you satisfy the rest who love dwarves and so on hmmm

No sleep for @Nyuudles

I agree, ows are going to be way better than a moose. I think my husband is tired of my obsession with owls haha.

Deer races can be a little shorter depending on their antlers

Depending on how old the deer is, the antlers are larger?

well yes that is true… We dont want antlers clipping through everything… or do we? The coolness factor might outstrip the visual bug

2 Likes

I prefer antlers and ears to come out of my head armor. I mean, if I were a mouse, I wouldn’t want to cramp my big ears inside a helmet. Antlers are hard, so holes would have to have been made to accommodate.

1 Like

Hoods and helms made for races ears and horns if they have them or if they are prominent.

ben posted this some time ago in a post i made about allowing helmet toggle.

3 Likes

Good find! Though, I do hope there are wearables for heads at some point. Some people may want hoods or other cosmetic effects :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMFG! You draw incredibly well and also Steven Universe reference! You’re my new GOD.

I like the idea of a clockwork race.

1 Like

I like your candor, and I completely agree with you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, now Oort will be VERY MUCH like a story I’ve been developing the past few years…

that looks awesome :smiley:
however it might fit better as a mob in the world, but then agen why not add all the intelligent races as playable once, that would be a interesting change compared to other RPGs.
just one question, how big is it compared to the world?

Hm…elaborate.

ya that sounds awesome my brother wants to play as wolf

There should be another race which is Mythical and includes Phoenix, Dragon (move it from reptiles), centaur (maybe), sea serpent, griffin etc. as sub-races. These could maybe be unlocked through gameplay and have a less powerful buff than the other races but has every buff of them for example the sea serpent could have a slight boost in armour (turtle), have more damage in water (shark), poisons (puffer fish) and is docile (whale) as it is a serpent. As mentioned before these would all be less powerful buffs than their counterparts.
Also Humanoids as another race with (you guessed it) humans, elves, vampires and maybe angels + demons (or the last two could be in mythical idk).

3 Likes