Oortstone supply

Whatever schedule Jacey led them, maybe try and get word out and ppl will show up?

1 Like

“halleluja!”

4 Likes

Did some hub exploring, there are sooooo many active portals in the world right now - it’s about as many as if not more than launch! A few months back all you saw everywhere was closed portals. It’s not like that any more.

That’s where all the Oort is going. Hubs are only a fraction of today’s portal cost. For every 2-3 planet portals there are a good 10 player portals at each hub, and a lot more than that as you branch out into the settlements.

5 Likes

Activity is a beautiful thing!

2 Likes

People should hunt for shorter amounts of time; don’t get burnt out guys! :dizzy_face:

6 Likes

For me I can only hunt 2 days a week, that’s why I usually run each at 2 hours.

1 Like

I don’t always hunt, but when I do its for great prices on oort using the new shop stand scanner!

DEFINITELY don’t hunt for prices for 2 hours. Holy goodness

1 Like

Theres a new one! Price hunter!

Price hunter, also known as Player C!

I may get an ear full but to some going on hunts is hard due to real life and or the times they are at. In my opinion and plz don’t go off on me with this one lol… why not add portals to the gleam club as a perk… you have beacons why not portals. Obviously there will be a limit on how many you can have so we don’t get crazy amounts all over the universe. I’d say like set a limit to I don’t know 10 and anything over you have to manually refuel. Would help out many I’m sure. Some may say it will be a pay to play thing… I say no because its a choice like as the current Gleam Club you can choose to get it to keep your portals and beacons fueled or you can stick to manually doing so. Just my opinion on dealing with the Oortstone blues for some :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s honestly not a bad idea. They could make gleam club tiers and top tier could include 1 ‘large’ portal fueled or lowest tier would fuel 1 2x1 for the length of GC. It can only fuel one portal per account though, not character.

Who knows what that would do to the Oort world though. In my case I only need 900~ shards, more if I keep the 3 up I have. I could shut 2 down and be fine but the others are luxuries. I don’t think it would hurt the Oort economy much for smaller portals but the larger portals might really skew that so maybe those aren’t the best way to implement the idea.

2 Likes

I was thinking giving a limit to how many portals i just picked 10 but could be 5… anything more you will require oortshards to maintain manually. It’s just a lil perk to ease off the grind for people who can’t go on hunts due to RL or time the hunts are on. otherwise and this is just my opinion ppl will be turned off due to portals closing making it more difficult for them to get around. I’m sure someone will say move to a closer hub or open a portal to hub etc… but if your build is BIG its not an easy move… if you can’t go on a hunt due to timing you can’t have a portal… Yes you can buy oort but for how long?.. I think this would be a BIG help to help players focus on other things like building their place up or stocking their shops or enjoying the game more :slight_smile:

How about lowering the costs for GC members? Like 50% less oort needed? Will also make the oort we stuff in there last longer too.

Heck, why not have different levels??? Could even use the colour coding there is now to indicate how long we have left, green is less than 3 months I think, red is more than 3 months, if more than 3 months of GC membership left it gives a higher percentage, people will re-up sooner because of it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

that could be a good option as well… anything to help us stress less about portals and focus more on projects. :slight_smile:

I’m wondering if selling a premium Oort could be possibly an option, and one that could generate revenue for them? I had thrown this out in another thread, but what about special shards (better than amalgam) that last, say, 5x as long as a regular one, and cost like a penny USD each.

So if I wanted to not worry about it in the game, I shell out $9, fill up a portal - that would keep my 1x2s running for like five months (great investment there), or keep my big ones going for over a month… well worth it for when off on vacation.

At that price point you’d have to really be a whale to keep a hub going (or maybe have a lot of people cooperating and going in on it - would be convenient for the really large portals to have it) so likely wouldn’t be totally spammed leading to a ton more portals, but a viable option for many for here and there. I think this would end up being more an occasional convenience type of thing, when away on breaks or holiday particularly. And I don’t see it as much different than being able to buy plots really.

1 Like

But, if you’re going on vacation, why do you need portals open?

For others who might use them, mostly. I felt bad about my largest one closing when off Summer vacation, I didn’t want to bother anyone to fuel it for me (I did have offers) but if I could have paid a few $ to keep it going I would have. Also, might be some places too that don’t want to hold a closed portal too long, for those going on a longer break.

1 Like

Not sure I am on board with GC covering portals. Then we are really starting to bring in even more pay to win and play type stuff…

1 Like

This is my concern with my own suggestion - that it might upset people considering it to be that, even though I don’t consider it to be such myself.