People, be patient on Exotic Earthyam seeds. 5 days, 50c each

If I am selling something cheaper than other people and I can sustain that price, I won’t really care if it’s actually helping someone. At some point that person who keeps buying out the stock will stop because they don’t need it anymore. So long as I am able to produce the seeds at a quantity large enough to satisfy people coming back every one to three days, I won’t really care.

As far as it helping people out, yes, it does. Whether that’s a rich player with coin to burn or someone who plays all day and has very little coin, it will help someone. The wealth the player has makes zero difference in that.

I would argue that the situation with power coils was a lot different than it is with farming seeds. Mainly because the game was in a different place at that time and the most active players around the power coil push was different than it was today.

1 Like

Well that was fast. Just some combustion fraction kernals left. Will post again tomorrow when I put up a new batch :smiley:

What are the coordinates to your farm stands, I would love to see your farm so I can build my own for seeds also.

There’s not all that much to see just from looking - I can explain any bits you want to know about if you contact me in-game. Or here if you ask.
Coords to the farm/farm stands are (1078, 2028, 70) on Senginikai. I’ll be in the general area for a couple of hours from now if you want to /shout a question I’ll come over and help.

1 Like

I only don’t understand how to setup the farm for seed versus crop. The yield info throws me off, for example oat grain for seed needs compact peat and water, but for crop it needs filled peat, near mud, and water. How far is near can someone show a basic layout.

A basic layout that’s both slightly seed-positive and yeilds between 40-180% crop is my farm. Which is also somewhat unoptimal because that makes it much easier to actually physically farm the crops - I just go down a row and mow everything down and replant.

The starberries are near-optimal for slightly seed+ and decent yields, but starberries are different because they need air blocks.

Someone posted a guide that shows the general area that affects a crop, optimized for seed yeild - Maximum Starberry Nerd Information but again if you want actual crops you’d want a setup more like mine.

The starberry part of the farm is aboveground and fairly easy to understand just from looking at the layouts, thorns in this pattern, specfic foliate type in that pattern, mold here and there, growth for the glossies ( I think it’s the glossies anyway :stuck_out_tongue: )

If you have a question about what’s under the cover blocks on the ground crops you can ask - but basically they are a single like of half-blocks of the seed producing block, with water or lava filling the other half of the block (except for the goo - lava destroys growth, so they are on seperate sides. Also the goo isn’t seed-positive because it can’t be done, hence no promises to sell goo seeds). The Kranuts are alternating blocks of amber and compact iron topped with water - with the alternation reversed every row, for a slightly better yeild.

1 Like

I should also mention the combustion particle bit isn’t done yet - I’ve got the seed-producing part down with IIRC corruption and lava, but it produces no crop yeild that way. I’m adding a row of crop-producing but am having to farm the combustion particles non-optimally to get enough combustion particles to make the crop-enhancing blocks for the combution particles :smiley:

If anyone wants to throw me some farmed combustion particles (not the seed, the yeild) I’ll put up a request basket :smiley:

The seed part of the kindling mass is done, but I have only a few seeds so that’s a longer-term project and I haven’t even thought about how to optimize for yeild yet. (I’m also putting up a request basket for these seeds)

if you have farming epic you get 20% crop yield.

1 Like

Even at 0% crop yield it will give crops occasionally. Was a nice find.

I have quite a few of these and would be willing to part with say 100 seeds. The catch is my work day is only half done at the moment.

Sure, request basket is up. I have no expectation that they’ll be filled, as they are set to pay what I consider a fair value for the seeds, the market rate for which is currently quite a bit higher. So consider any seeds you sell me for that price a ‘donation’.

1 Like

Evening harvest is done, excess seeds are up for sale. Put 2 batches of Mega Smoothies and some teaching loafs up at market rates. Buy baskets are up but I don’t expect they’ll be used.

1 Like

Use this. It will tell you all the info you need. Amber is from solidifying Resin and Bitumen is from solidifying Petro.

You can create some pretty non-creative setups for both seed and crop production for any of the crops. Most crops you can get at least 100% seed yield with while also getting above 100% crop yield. It takes some experimenting.

I have some test farms setups on my place out in Delta. Sadly it isn’t connected to any portal hubs or networks right now since I am still building everything out.

Don’t forget to also factor in compactness and ease of use :smiley:

I worry about the compactness later. I have enough plots to burn on farming and cash to buy them with too if I need more.

I have 10 more bulbs to give away if anyone is around, if not I will throw them in the shop stand.

1 Like

I’m sure if you drop a pm then you could easily get 5 -10 seeds kept aside for you, which is more than enough to start on; it avoids the same ppl buying them all and makes more suppliers in one (non)foul swoop

1 Like

Morning crop is up. Maintaining est 2-3 days from now for filled exotic earthyam farm.

I have 10 more seeds to give away, preferably to someone that doesn’t already have some so they can get a farm started. I will throw them in the shop stand if no one wants to come get them.

I’m taking reservations now on seeds, reserve up to 10 seeds per player. Please no duplicates (not that I can enforce that).

1 Like