Photography 102 - Worlds, Builds, Before/Afters

For the photoortgraphers out there - share with us your sweet, sweet captures of the new look.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Wow, epic!

1 Like

how do you get your shots so crisp?! I can turn on everything and my shots still don’t look as clear.

Hmm, not sure. Here are my settings:

And, full disclosure – Since I’m treating it as a photography project, I’m actually shooting them with DOF turned off, then adding it by hand in post. I also add a very slight vignette to help focus attention to the center.

2 Likes

Here’s a shot from Folva.

And Vaisier.

3 Likes

###Before/After

In the last Before/After, someone placed lamps underneath the trees. I’m going to have fun playing around with the new lights!

The trees in lleb look more full now :smile:

6 Likes

Wwwooowww I love it!! :cookie: :cookie:

1 Like

Oh man!. Love the new look, and that lighting in your last shot with all the trees!!.

3 Likes

That Gleam shard looks amazing!

I made this!

6 Likes

Very artistic :smiley:

Ah I see your have a higher resolution screen than I do.

Copy from my topic about worlds: Lepker before and Lepker after.

1 Like

1926x1178 what kind of resolution is that?! :smiley:

It seems that the fish eye lens has been tweaked/removed? :frowning: Everything looks so much closer now.

Also here are the dramatic changes to lighting. It’s good that we don’t have to drown our buildings in light anymore. But now bathing a whole room in light seems to dull everything down.

Before update: (per-pixel lighting OFF)

After update: (pir-pixel lighting ON)

• Bathed in light:

Before

After

2 Likes

Thumbnails for color value comparison

2 Likes

Yeah the new updates seems like it made everything look low res which is a damn shame… is it because they incresed how much light is actually shining from each lamp? i absolutely love the city before the change but after it seems kinda ugly…

1 Like

Yup,

I can remove the light blocks from the spire easily. As for the tower… Not really.

(I will always use my old tower as an example for lighting changes ^^)