Picture frames with YOUR picture of choice

I think it would be pretty cool if we were actually able to have picture frames and a game that we could actually import a picture of our choice loaded into it at will. I know there’s another side of this where the trolls are going to be pains in the butt but I think for the rest of us who legitimately want to decorate our places it would be a very awesome addition to the game

4 Likes

Seen lots of talk of this. One way to limit troll behavior that was suggested was to just allow in game screen shots to be used, no external images.
Perhaps we would need to craft a camera or picture box of sorts… And then craft the frames

3 Likes

Yeah, I would definitely sink hours into something like this… many hours. :slight_smile:

Yeah but if we can import our own pictures just imagine how many people will be in awe seeing all of our cats and dogs lots of laughs

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: or in my case my snakes and tarantulas :smile:

1 Like

I need this idea for my hall of fame too so I can have peoples portraits up!
It’s still gonna be a thing @bucfanpaka :rofl: just may take some time

1 Like

I would put this picture up everywhere. Im not sure why. Back in ye old minecraft days i would make rooms with the walls completely covered in this painting whom i called Doug :sweat_smile:
128px-Graham_Painting~2

4 Likes

Looks like King Graham from King’s Quest I think?

Edit: Yep - http://www.jenito.com/art/graham.jpg Wow, used to love some of those games. Brutal though… V took me forever to figure out how to beat, before GameFAQs days and all. :joy: Could make the game unwinnable in various ways with no clue you did anything wrong.

In MC I used to put anime screenshots in mine, just dug out the picture file and replaced them. The file was called, kristoff zeterband or something (the artists name)

Oh god yes! I have about 250 pictures of my kitteh in my hard-drive! :smiley:

In Creativerse, you could use picture frames to display a picture choosen in a gallery of about 20 to 30 official screenshots of the game.
Buuuut I know people who managed to hack the feature to re-direct the URL of the pictures to anywhere else, allowing us to do stuff like this :

It was awesome. :joy:

1 Like

I loved building paintings in Minecraft. By using a Map in a frame you can map an area. So if you claim the area and build something there you can make pixel art.

I ran an art store in Minecraft on a survival server to help make decorations for houses. Sometimes it was related to fun things (posters) and other times it was utility (made wrapping paper for Xmas gifts so you could smack them and pop them open and get to the chest inside)

Would love to be able to bring unique fun stuff like this to boundless <3 <3

5 Likes

I like the idea but I worry about the space needed. Lets say you can load an image onto the signs instead of typing in letters. Now you have a variety of frames and with the modular signs you have a variety of sizes.

Now we get @Goblinounours creating his kitten hall of fame with 250 framed images of his amazing (I am sure) kitten. How much space does this take on the servers? Especially since, if he has a kitten museum then I have to create a puppy museum for my puppies. If this was all on local machines then I would be good, storage is the users issue, but for them to be stored on the Boundless servers I can see being an issue. I am more than willing to be shown/told where my space concerns are a non-issue.

2 Likes

Oh boy. Now we need a thread about “Community pets pictures”.

8 Likes

Might have to do it off topic but I agree

Edit: sorry I will stop

6 Likes

Got one :wink: - Edit: And such a cute kitty!! :heart_eyes:

I’d love to see more activity here - first, because I love to see your cute pets. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: But also then if it is active I can spam more pics of mine!

2 Likes

< runs for the pet thread >

2 Likes

Omg there’s a pet thread!?!?!

I’m following @Goblinounours !!!

1 Like

Yay!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Can never be enough cute pet pics. :wink:

1 Like

Did I see a dog picture?

9 Likes

Oh wow!! What a beautiful big doggie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes