Planet Nicknames

I’ve seen some fun nicknames going around like “Surfin’ Safari” and “Barcelona.” Any others out there? Might make it easier to remember them :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I really like biitula’s nickname but i will not put it for reasons…

5 Likes

We refer to Alnitans as Almittens because it’s an ice world and you had better bring your mittens to stay warm!

7 Likes

Alnitans - Atlantis
Lasaina - Lasagna
Pheminorum - Phenomenon
Serpensarindi - Serpent Sardines
Besevrona - Bossa Nova
Biitula - uhh…

13 Likes

I call Alnitans Atlantis as well.

3 Likes

Alnitans - Altanis
Serpensarindi - Serpensardini
Besevrona - Bersevona

You know how you can read words, even if letters in them have switched places, as long as first and last letter match? Well that’s how I read them :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

beacon
lolz

Biitula keeps tripping me up, heh. Have to consciously slow down when saying it.

I’ve been trying to train myself to say “bih tuulah”

1 Like

Bacon… Its called Bacon.

7 Likes

As a non native english speaker that was how I first had read and thought about the beacons ingame … and I asked myself “Why bacon? … but mmmmh. bacon!” :smiley:

4 Likes

Delta Concrete

7 Likes

What imagination, such elegant prose!

1 Like

Every single one I just go for the first few letters and finish it off with keyboard spam…
Like, serpend8jwjdbejajd

Makes it very easy to remember :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Bitumen
Circumference
Stories
Saganaki
Lutron
Phlegm
Boris

2 Likes

Pinata, Booring, 'bliss, Latrine

1 Like

:joy_cat: forever more it will be serpent sardines :joy_cat:

6 Likes

The fact we need nick names is a problem… The naming of the Planets is just bad…

Vulpto
Therka
Berlyn
Andoween
Alturnik
Elopor
Nasharil
Solum
Munteen

^^^^ All these names were easy to say… Easy to read, they made sense these were good names!!!

Now we have
Names so bizarre I can’t make a sign without double and triple and quadruple checking if I have spelled it correctly!!! I sure home names in the future improve… Because the names currently are horrible!!!

5 Likes

While I am sure everyone can find something they don’t like about the 1.0 release can we just actually have a few posts that are not turned into “problems with the game” ones.

Look at it this way. It was far time for you and all of us to step up and grow. So now we can do that with some names that require actual thought to say.

I think this is a great post that shows how “possible bas” can be turned into good!

I can’t wait for the new planets… Let’s see what other crazy things we can turn them into! I actually think we could mix some of these names together and make a nice meal!

11 Likes

Amazing Post Xaldafax way to turn a negative into a positive I am truly impressed.

Random Generation of Planets is a necessary evil if you want to have a huge universe! Because of the sheer size of the planet… But the human touch or hand crafting is still far better but its impossible to do on that type of scale…

But coming up with 18 names is not something even remotely difficult for human beings to do in this scope… To me leaving names up to a random name generator when there are so few names needed seems to be silly…