Please change the gleambow timers

just sharing what happened to me.

I am on PC. While hunting yesterday I had low timers, around 30 seconds.

I hunted for about an hour.

After 3 meteors at 30 seconds I lost them in purpose. Maybe lost 5? Still collected the gleam sacs.

My timer went back up to 1min 30.

I am curious if the issue is a math issue with the formula impacting some people more. If so, would just be a balancing of the formula.

3 Likes

I think it goes back to what another player posted earlier… Timers are in place so 1 player doesn’t go and collect gleambow meteors for 4 plus hrs straight so others can have a chance at it. If I’m not mistaken like you tested out @Tagris the timers will eventually reset themselves which has happened to me or like I said I just hit up the next lush planet.

1 Like

Considering the numbers me and a fair few others have encountered, 30 is still pretty high.

I lost meteors for 3 hours straight. Across multiple planets. Still 5 seconds.

But this logic doesnt hold up. Meteors dont spawn at random. Their timers are tied to the person spawning it. Giving succesfull players 5 second timers, means all others get the same on those meteors. Amount of meteors for others won’t increase. Then player stops in frustration, meaning less AND smaller meteors for the others.

In fact, timers this low only encourages me to go after other people’s meteors, because i cant get to mine anyway.

Everybody loses.

3 Likes

Did you go and loot the meteors you lost?

Depends on if i can find them. Id say 1/3 i get to loot as dormant.

I just did 6-7 meteors again, after 24 hours of not playing. First 2 meteors were lvl 2 and 3. Decent enough timers. All the rest were lvl 1’s. Couldn’t get there in time. Either disappearing trails or having 6 seconds left after it lands and not being absolutely on top of them.

I am speculating …

I wonder if the timer reset is connecting to the meteor you trigger going dormant, or looting dormant meteors.

While I run around I will gather up lots of dormant meteors in between my triggered meteors.

My timer has yet to go below 50 seconds since I started doing that.

Again, just speculation …but I am curious if it is the looting that is the trigger. And if you can loot extra dormant to up your time.

3 Likes

Oh i gather up lots of other dormants. Do you do mostly lvl 1 meteors? Or in groups? Because 2 and 3 i can do way more easily. They give me achievable timers.

I was at it for a good 12 hours yesterday. Even after joining s big hunt for an hour I never saw a meteor start below 35ish seconds. But I am actively searching for dormant glass meteors on xa frant.

1 Like

What level meteors do you get? Because anything thats not lvl 1 i can do. Its the lvl 1’s that give me ultra low timers.

1-3s. My 2s and threes usually were up in ghe 40 seconds.

I went to a group hunt last night with my main. Going to see if it kept my timers on hardcore mode in a while

Can I ask how you are close enough to see the timer start when the meteor lands, but not then able to get to the meteor in time?

I’m on ps4, and at the point where I can see the timer I’m only a few seconds away.

If I’m close enough to see the timer as soon as the meteor lands, I’m at the meteor almost immediately after, it is at most 1 grapple away!

I’m not saying I would complete the meteor within 6 seconds all the time, but would be able to some of the time.

Its not a skill thing (I’m not particularly great at racing), but seems to be a difference in the distance at the point where the timer is visible. :thinking:

Ive made it close enough once or twice to see the timer. The other times i can see it land and count until it goes dormant.

Since I logged back in this morning, I’m now down to 10 sec or less on my level 1s. At least I was searching for dormant glass meteors on xa frant lol.

1 Like

I think all GB meteors should have a base timer of maybe like 45 seconds to a minute. Also would be nice if they didnt start counting until it actually hits the ground.

4 Likes

The fact that neither thing is true (flat timers, start when hit) explains a lot about my frustration last night.

2 Likes

So I stoped playing for 24h, no change. I see that my main will not be able to participate anymore in this event. Hopefully I won’t hit this limit with my alt.

2 Likes

I just decided to keep my main for groups and I’ve been using an alt for solo and I’ve been doing pretty good so far.

1 Like

Same here, hope I won’t break my alt as fast as I did my main.

1 Like

HEY DEVS!! A lush exo (or 2 or 3) would be a neat quick-fix for those that broke timers on their characters… just sayin’! :grin:

(Was that too subtle? Hehe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

8 Likes