Please change the gleambow timers

Timers are based off of how many people have been completing them and world rate of spawning them. Due to the hunts that have been going on I have seen timers as short as 10 seconds

Timers are based on terrain difficulty (so each planet has one) and each player’s performance. You’re seeing short timers because your performance is considered good.

That can’t be true because I have only completed two meteorites since the start of the event. My performance isn’t good when you complete only two out of 30

If you participated in hunts, you did more that 2. I have the same issue, now I hunt with 2 chars, 1 group hunts (if I solo with this one I have 10-5s times). And one for solo, where I complete only gleam/glass and rock, with times over 1 min.

The world times influence this a bit, but not much, so even on xafant with a group hunting there, still getting >1min with my alt.

I don’t participate in the big hunts for gleambows

Then, I really don’t know anymore, to be honest. I just keep on going hoping that my alt time dose not break. I haven’t seen any official straight answer from the devs regarding this, so…

The timer will be determined by the person who triggers the meteor to spawn. The meteors that you spawn will be up in the 1 min or maybe even more (level 1’s) based on your completion/performance rate. If you are seeing 10 second or less timers these will be for meteors that others, with high success rates, have triggered.

This is already the case, meteor timers don’t start until they hit the ground. If you are seeing lower timers than you believe you should be seeing then this will be for the same reason which I mentioned above.

6 Likes

I mean i havent ever had any issues with the timers.

Finally can play the damn game and have some sort of action in this game.

It was the same damn thing last time people nagd about the timers cause YOLO!

2 Likes

5 meteors all with sub 10 second timers on xa frant.

Moved to biitula but seems everyone else has had the same idea.

No more GB for me tonight. Please can these be given a minimum 30s timer…

2 Likes

I’m also on ps4 and on fistula I see them falling then suddenly disappear so hard to find them.

I’ve been running into a more social issue during the few hunts I’ve participated in, which is the expectation that the meteor will be left alone until the last 15 seconds. I respect this, but, not being able to see any timer myself (if there is one, I don’t know where to look, and if it’s supposed to be on the meteor health bar, that thing doesn’t appear for me 90% of the time) I am forced to follow, which is wrong since this is supposed to be racing.

Bottom line is that the timer and meteor location need to be clearly displayed, even if the rendering isn’t happening so smoothly on our ps4’s. The playing field is not sufficiently level between the two platforms and that is some bad juju.

2 Likes

In my opinion, the problem is that there are very few planets with the event, with only four planets and with some groups hunting, the planetary hit level is extremely high. For a solo player, as in my case, the difficulty becomes exponential, which increases our stress, instead of being progressive and fun.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing solo and I’ve been getting meteors pretty much for myself even when the planet shows 20 people online.

I have been switching between only 2 of them, all you have to do is look at your compass and go to the direction with less people :man_shrugging:

1 Like

To me yesterday with my main I did about 10 half before the difficulty increased absurdly.

Today with my alt, at the second meteor the difficulty has been absurd and on the planet we are about 30.

:man_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

did solo and group and yeah its hard but
solo i got one full meteor gleam and 12sacs in hour
grouphunt no meteor gleam 60 sacs
so solo gleam
group for sacs
getting on time is hard but i just warp to people nearby it
its pretty fair the timer if i ubernoob manage to get stuffz
im like uber clumsy
i swear by xa frant
they drop all around ya just find flatish terrain and ya golden

I’m getting a good amount of time on all my meteors at 2+ minutes, even after running to them now.

But I’m only harvesting gleam ones and letting the others ones go “lost”

The time isn’t too bad if you are soloing and pinpointing a certain type. Allows the time allotment to climb substantially.

Idk what sort of event this is where people have to lose meteors that they reached - on purpose - so they can push back some timers. That’s not to mention that some people don’t even make it to the meteors in the first place. The event started well but I can’t see how we are supposed to continue with these low timers. How many do we have to lose? I’ve been losing meteors for roughly the past 2 hours (except for gleam) and I gained a few seconds only.

6 Likes

Maybe james can consider switching to a cooldown timer?

For example if you successfully finish 20 meteors or so in less than 2 hours, you get a warning saying something like

Time to take a break wait for at 1 or 2 hours to continue

And during that time you won’t get meteors or you will get low timers as usual but you can be sure that after the cool down your timers get back to normal again.

1 Like

May be hard to implement in group hunts. Maybe reset timers every 24 hrs? 48 hrs? I took a day off thinking it might affect the timer and i worked on my farm. Man got so much done xD

3 Likes

I’m not okay with this limitation though because that would hurt anyone that is farming mats for long periods if they are soloing. I just think a minimum time needs to be implemented like 30 secs.