Portal Cost Help

Hi all, Ive been playing for some time but have not setup any portals yet due to the great portal networks available. I am however looking o do a portal in a themed build im going to take on and have a question about cost.
If I was to say run a square portal between Lassaina and Boori, can anybody give me a rough oort cost on a 3x3 vs 4x4, I really want a 4x4 but due to playing solo for the best part, feel the cost may be too hefty…
Thanks Ando

1 Like

Thanks to Community members, they have created some lists to fulfill the answer for this question across the board.

Here are some images of those lists that should answer your question:

9 Likes

Thanks, Im at work so I have no idea of how many blinksecs lassaina is from boori but ill check later on.

1 Like

No problem, it is a bit expensive the more portal conduits you put together, but you do a lot of hunting it should be easy to fuel in a pinch if all you are running is a single portal.

one other thing. I think i read somewhere both ends of the portal need to be the same size? If this is correct I may have to rethink my strategy for my shop to portal seeker network link

1 Like

Both portals do need to be the same size and shape to be linked, you need to create Portal A which then Portal B has to replicate, take Portal B Token and socket into Portal A.

I’d find it kinda odd for a smaller portal to link to a larger portal, might cause some odd visual glitches if that was allowed

yeah i guess thats a fair point, thanks very much for your help i’ll have to think on this

1 Like

No problem, always glad to help :smiley:

1 Like

i have a question

If i build a portal that port me from 1 place on the planet to another place, you need a 1x2 Portal open cost 50 and 1 shard per hour.

If i now build instead a 1x2 portal a 2x2 portal for better look and a bigger entrance.

must i now pay 200 for open and 3 shard per hour, or only the 50 for open and 1 shard per hour?

1 Like

a 2x2 portal consists of 4 conduits, there for requires more shards to fuel it, so you have to pay the initial 150 shard cost while maintaining it at 3 shards per hour, the number of Blinksecs doesn’t determine the price of shards, only the number of conduits

Keeping portals fueled and maintained is mainly a group thing to do, of course if you are maintaining a few portals you can manage as long as you go hunting, but if you plan on a network of portals, that’s certainly meant for a group to take on.

ok thx than i will not change it :wink:

1 Like

Im curious, how much will a portal cost with NO skill, 0 blicksecs with 6 conduits? (i want to make a door that leads to my shop outside the town, like it would be another room).
The chart only displays 2 counduit portals, and 2 block doorways are a bit small.
Is that also 50 for opening and 24 a day?

There is table in second post. 6 conduits = 200 to open, and 5 per day.

skills don’t lower the cost of maintaining the portal they just increase the amount of blinksec you can travel, the amount of conduits used determine the price of the opening cost and the hourly cost of shards, since you need so many conduits to connect a portal so far away, you will have to raise the cost of oort used when linking further apart.

I was building my first portals a week or two past, from Angel 1 to Delta to Serp… Ran my happy little oortian all the way to the Serp beacon, laid the portals, got the token, ran all the way back to home base, and then realized, that I had made the exit on Serp 2x4 not 2x5. So word to the wise, make sure your portal on the far end is exactly as needed, before running all the way back with a broken token.

book marked this! Thank you. Has anyone put together how far each planet is from one another? would love this resource…would also be willing to help compile it quickly if we don’t have one yet.

Edit: I should do more searching, but it was in the Useful resources section: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PY9jKSjMO8wiK6ZgQFXLjQvzXdRT9_4Fothr__AFFXE/edit#gid=500422449

1 Like

No problem, also thanks to the community who created those images, they did the real work on that :stuck_out_tongue:.

Glad it was helpful and the information you sent is actually very helpful, the BoundlessCrafting.com site could actually use an update on planet blinksecs, I help @Stretchious Founder and Creator of the website fill in information for each of the planets.

You can find blinksecs from one planet to another by looking at a selected world and looking at the number in the lower left of the visible planet section.

Resurrecting this thread…

is there anywhere I can look at that tells me the blinksecs from planet to planet? doesn’t look like boundlesscrafting has been updated

2 Likes

Legend, thank you!