Powerleveling as new character without budget

Any idea how old it was? The update that included warnings for “mining the same block” stopped most of the old block placement exploits.

I suppose if you knew how many blocks it takes to get past that defense you could just build and tear down the same wall over and over again.

They pretty much rekt the gatherer profession over flower exploits, too.

EDIT: I hit boundlesscrafting for some XP data. It’s 44 XP to place a deco oort, and it’s 8 XP to mine a gleam block.

This means each swing of a 3x3 at a gleamball is s bit more XP than placing one deco oort. It’s going to be faster to harvest the gleam, but it also has a continuous cost. You’re burning hammers, pies, and brews.

The block placement has a higher startup cost, to acquire the initial blocks. It’s also going to include cycles of build and tear down. It’s probably going to be slower, but also can be cheaper - depending on how much you do, and maybe you could borrow some blocks. You’re still going to want to burn pies, but all other costs are optional. If you’re cheap and patient just stay at T1 and you cou ld use a totem to break them for re-placement :rofl:

Machined titanium gives 40 xp on placement and Deco oort gives 44. If place/break/replace is the method you can do it with cheaper blocks.

1 Like

I think it was posted this year. It might of been a YT how-to video. I think a vertical tunnel and possibly water were part of it? I’ll look again to see if I can locate it.
Edit to add: I think this was it

1 Like

@georgegroeg deleted all the instructions?? :rofl:

XP region farms + placing decorative lucent gem blocks. Depends on how entertaining you want leveling to be

1 Like

this method also works with decorative gem blocks

3 Likes

Based on this quote:

Now that we have gleam ■■■■■ on T1 you can beat this rate in a gleamball. Not by a lot though.

If you want to count in after processing of doors (ignoring machine wait times) you can crush it. They nerfed the coin of doors but not the XP.

EDIT: Thanks for the video @HOST that’s what I was thinking from the description above. You just need enough blocks to pass the exploit protection. LOL I remember the first time I caught someone working a single block of titanium for mad levels.

If @georgegroeg or @AlexxChristo have something better, maybe they’ll drop a hint (hint hint).

1 Like

No problem bro and yeah u need enough blocks I had a post somewhere…I think it was 3 smart stacks and a bit but yeah you would need a sovereign or have someone reclaim your beacon to repeat the progress

Edit:

1 Like

You’re actually slowing things down with that compact rift:

Full deco lucents are 44, if you converted them it would step it up a bit.

It looks the same titanium deco blocks (machined, filigree, circuit) are at 40.

Compact lucents run 36 and deco run 44. IT looks like even advanced coils only give 32.

1 Like

I know haha I said I’m using compact lucent because I don’t like the decorative versions :sweat_smile:
But don’t forget the teaching pie

But for those that have them yea

1 Like

LOL yeah I skimmed the thread and see you mention the titanium too. That’s really more than 10% improvement over the (compact) lucents.

1 Like

@georgegroeg has a video showing a leveling farm using 900 deco Oort that are then chiseled. Basically you just place them out, chisel them, then remove while using a teaching pie. Rinse/repeat.

5 Likes

Seems to be removed/blocked though, heh.

We need to get this guy to chime in:

I always wonder if he has a secret, or just a permanent caffeine IV.

EDIT I just realized it’s been over a year since he posted that. That’s worth a tag. @catfud did you keep grinding levels?

2 Likes

I did some T6 gem mining awhile ago and at the time I was getting over 400k xp/hr. I’m not sure of other experience rates across the game, just tossing in the info that I have. Requires some startup so I’m of no help on the first few levels. Note that this can be done while you are crafting rocks/stones - trap doors mint for a decent value if you have the patience and plots for a large array of crafting tables and such.

• this comment in particular I figured you needed 46 skill points to do it, and more to make it faster.
3 Likes

I wanted to ask the same but heres my input on the subject…

i would go to region exp in dzassak for dzassak/gellis
that should get you enough to get the caustic level 1 protection
then i would do the gtg planet + zeta region exp
i hear theres a valhalla one but i couldnt find it

after that I am not sure how much exp you get from crafting and mining rocks/seams but I like soil, personally i go with peaty but any t1 soft soil you want works fine.

titanium shovel with -20 energy(net 0) drain and 3x3 aoe
tool epic, tool mastery, max dex, max agility, max zeal, max attributes damage epic and enough power to 1 shot the soil. + mega fast brew. +teaching pie

with 0 energy drain you forsake starberry and use teaching pie so you get a “non stop” 36 exp per swing and >10 swings per second.
you only stop to turn around to next lane in the farm or to dump out your inventory into a chest or to regen what you are farming.

===========
estimated results:

if we have the shovel the brew and the teaching pie, we have 29 slots open; 29 * 900 * 2 * 2 = 104400 exp per full iinventory of soil. which i believe is more than doable in less than 1 brew timer.

It’s boring as all get out but the decorative oortstone method:
You only need 500 deco oortstone
And maybe 6 plots (vertical column)

On the bottom layer of lowest plot, lay down closed chests, place at least one item in each (to prevent breaking them). You need at least a 6x6 area covered with chests as you will be rotating your pillars between 3x3 chunks to always avoid the exp penalty that happens when you build or break blocks repeatedly. You might be able to get away with a 3x6 area (two towers of space), but I went with 4 towers of space to really ensure you avoid the penalty.

What you do is start in one corner and build a 3x3 tower (eat your pies first).
I use 432 deco oortstone per tower (48 layers). Build the tower, wait about 10 seconds, then demolish with an aoe hammer (if you don’t wait, the first several layers of blocks you break will not yield any exp).

When you hit your chest layer, move to the next corner of your chest layer (the 3x3 area you previously built on will need to cool down, or you will not get exp for laying the oortstone). Build tower, demolish.

If you’re persistent, you can get about 6 levels an hour this way.

I deleted the videos. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yep that is the expensive way I was mentioning compact block stack and break I was going to post the video but couldn’t find it. Guess that explains it lol.

At this point the method seem pretty thoroughly explained. At least, the first one :thinking:

Seems from most of the folks that have really tried to push something, topping out comes around 6-7 levels per hour at the high end, depending on personal skill/endurance and what you’re willing or able to spend.

The follow-on options available with your output are going to affect your overall progress a lot, too. If you’re in it for plots vs coins matters more here. Either way it’s a big part of your end results.

I’m pleased to see the numbers and comparisons - and it makes me happy to note that you can push various types of activities out to very nearly the same results (in terms of leveling).

The numbers seemed incredible at the time but I wonder if filling up some plots with lucents isn’t as fast or faster than the old method of breaking one block that got nerfed. I was so new then I don’t even remember what those numbers were for people. Same for the plant thing, I found out about it when they announced the fix.

Most of this here is “good honest work” even if it is, mmm, disposable :rofl:

I can see why someone would delete their vids but the devs have assigned those crafted block placement values after already having to nerf and adjust for several rounds of block placement and chiseling exploits. Together with the info here I see it lines up with other stuff - it’s surprisingly well balanced.

Similar for straight gleam mining, which has surely been overanalyzed and was last adjusted for coin, but not XP.

Together with the fact that you can stack furnaces endlessly crafting is definitely the pinnacle of “XP Over Time”. I had stacked up a lot of rough oort for my portals, refining when I needed it, so I never realized this but when I refined it all at once, it was one of the largest XP boosts I’d ever gotten. The hard part here though, is sourcing the materials. At least you can resell metals if you can get people to sell you raw ores.

The numbers on soil here seem a bit conservative for someone really pushing it. And soil is comparably cheap to farm. Overall that’s my main thought here, why I’m making such a rambling post about it - it seems surprisingly well balanced when pushing these activities all the way out to “sort of feels like an exploit” levels.

1 Like

Side note, do you happen to know if the gleam mine → refine → mint path still enough to cover the cost of the hammers for the mining?

It definitely depends on your forger or forging abilities. Now that there are gleam (round things) on level 1 it should be fine :man_shrugging:

I haven’t been that active, almost zero economically in the last several months. I’m not sure how cheaply you can do it right now.

1 Like