Private Server still planned?

Not quite. For example they have said that minerals wont spawn the same place right? so say you have a mountain range where there grows gems, there might be 15 people mining it, 15 different people from different guilds, when it is emptied out there would logically be less materials next time it spawns, so the people will have to look different places. adding a bit of distance and seeking out of materials, now imagine a world where only a guild can build, destroy and basically interact with the world, or just completely banned everybody else. with that the guild can stay the same spot and get all the materials which were before split over 15 people. Admittedly the time would increase, but i think its safe to assume that it greatly reduces the distance you need to travel to find mats.

also ASSUMING we do get a lot of people playing and a decently packed population, it seems kindaā€¦ pay to win? that you can just avoid all the competition and buy a farming spot. But ofc i know they wont try to encourage that behavior. im just saying there is a possibillity that it will happen.

But on the other hand, it is a good example. maybe we will have enough space for it to not be a problem, or maybe we wont.

1 Like

You can easily get everything the main game offers for free within minutes, and yet there are millions of players that happily pay a fee just to be able to play on an official server.

@Stretchious beat me to it, the majority of servers will probably be rented to guilds for prestigious or economical reasons. A lot of players (including me) will probably also rent a server just for the joy of designing a world that is connected to the rest of the B< universe.

How do you know that one will have the option to blacklist everyone on his/her server?
Maybe you just cant place a beacon on a rented server without a permission or the bonus of renting a server is just a giant beacon in the middle of the world (like on Kovah) + the opportunity to design a world.
Those are things designers are for and IĀ“m sure that the designers of B< will manage to implement privately rented worlds that are connected to the main game without breaking the game or the economy.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know whether that will be a feature or not ā€¦ I would assume to allow for fairness, that they would only allow the restriction of who can place beacons, not who can come on to the world/server.

It would still mean that other players can still go there and mine resources, herd wilflife etc, but would not be able to have a permanent settlement there (or they could if the admin allowed).

You would still need to beacon the areas you want to keep, otherwise the world would just regenerate as normal.

Edit: as an aside, I guess having your own world/server would also mean that you could set where the capital city was located.

1 Like

Pretty sure i read about blacklisting and whitelisting somewhere, hopefully somebody else can find it.

Meh, it seems like you either refuse or cant see the difference. so im not gonna waste my time.

But i would be very interested in seeing a private server which mirrors the current game PERFECTLY with no bugs and no mods or anything else to change it. all i have found are servers which tried but are full of bugs. if you can find me that i will concede, if you cantā€¦ well then you are clearly wrong.

Hereā€™s one from a while agoā€¦ not sure how much of it is still valid ā€¦

1 Like

Ah yeah that was prob what i was thinking off

I guess i took that as meaning ā€œpeople cant affect the worldā€ and not just ā€œpeople cant destroy the blocks or place any blocksā€

1 Like

You may well be right though. This quote was way back in March 2015 so it could have changed quite drastically since then - at least in the short term anyway!

Plus there is this comment which would seem to support your view ā€¦

Edit: Oops, didnā€™t mean to re-quote the whole paragraph!

2 Likes

Oh yeah forgot about that for a momen.

Hey everyone - Iā€™ve very daringly posted a FAQ answer to this question.

Iā€™ve been wanting to get the FAQ category going to help collect official answers to important questions. Hopefully this will make it easier for new and old players to know exactly what is happening.

Additionally, I appreciate that this thread also brought up other issues - which I can answer in other FAQs. But I didnā€™t want to pollute the focus of the FAQ and Answer.

7 Likes