Private Server still planned?

Like the Topic name, my question is if privat Server still planned ? A long time ago this question was last time asked. Many things has changed, thats the ground why i ask this again.

If privat server still planned here some question:

1. can we host privat server on our privat root server ? Or must we rent a server
  2. if we can host server alone, what server we need (windows/linux, 1gb ram or more ?)
  3. is a serverlist possible / make the server public/privat
  4. is it possible to make portals from a privat server to a official server
  5. is a mod support planned
  6. can we use infinite mod on privat server if the server admin allow it
  7. shared inventory possible if server has same rules like official ?

i hope that privat server still planned. can a dev say anything here ?

if someone has more question pls tell it here i will add them to the topic post

i have make this question post to a seperate topic for a better overview and linked it to the Question Appeal topic

ps: i dont know if modding(tooltip: …,Including running standalone servers,…) or general (tooltip: Discuss anything and everything about Boundless.) the correct categorie :smile:

For some Official Answers look here

6 Likes

If servers are hostable by players they will be private aka competely cut of from the main server hub.

Any quotes from a dev about that? Can’t remember that they ever said that. Especially since they only recently added private hosted server to the to do list.

There it was. god this is old.

1 Like

And there is nothing about privatly hosted servers.

“players who want to play with different rules by modding and run their own servers.”

Oh yeah forgot this part: [quote=“james, post:7, topic:80”]
But I imagine #3 will need to be disconnected from the main game. These servers will be able to pull data from OO (so you could play with your character from the MMO), but I doubt we’ll be able to allow them to push data back to OO.
[/quote]

Maybe that’s what he meant yes. But a new statement would be better. Many things could have changed.

I have no new statements but disconnecting privately hosted servers from the main hub is the only logical thing to do. Else cheating in items will get so very easy.

2 Likes

Somthing the question appeal should answer … but sitting here and waiting for an answer from the devs like … :smiley:

4 Likes

yea I meant new statements about the whole server structures and what they have planned.

Nope nothing newer than that i think. I kinda trawled the search function for keywords.

Yea you already said that. I meant that the devs should make a new statement about the whole situation.

i think yes, but the question is if it give a serverlist like in cs:go, teamspeak or other games

before 1 year yes

yes 1 year old and in this year, many thinks has changed[quote=“Heurazio, post:9, topic:3877, full:true”]
Somthing the question appeal should answer … but sitting here and waiting for an answer from the devs like …
[/quote]
oh yes ^^

If i remember correctly it goes something along the lines of

"We have had different people ask about the possibilities for private servers for example school. We are not entirely sure yet about hosted private servers but we want to rent out servers for a set amount each month. It can be done either by having an open server with a blacklist or a closed server with a white list.

In terms of modding we want to have people able to mod the servers, but those servers will most likely be disconnected from the main server. We have also considered letting some servers be controlled by individuals but still be part of the main server. However for this to be possible we will need some system in place that prevents things such as economy abuse or having the servers vary too much from the actual servers"

But again, im only paraphrasing. I think the most concrete server could be found at the modding thread already linked.

1 Like

I remeber this so i’m sure you got this correct. but again, this statement is ■■■■■■■ old and also most likely be outdated.

2 Likes

correct, 1 year old information is not from interrest.

and as example i will not rent a server i want to host it on my own server

1 Like

I really don’t see the appeal to host your own server unless you want to mod the game.

1 Like

There is this other scenario … private server for building …

Well they need to make money somehow. Since they don’t Charge a monthly fee it’d only be fair to only let rented servers connect to the main universe imo.

3 Likes

Highly speculative for the final game … maybe - maybe not … i’d recomment the devs to set a fee because a lot of pay-once or free games died because no money is there to make improvements …

EDIT: See question appeal #25 (I already asked for their target)