Public market at EU Therka - Come and join us!

@cameracartwright Therka Market very much still exists and is thriving as a large community. Hope you are able to locate it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m south west of silva riccini, could I make it there on foot? Iā€™ve only played like 3 hours, I hate the area Iā€™m in complete snow :frowning:

I started near Silva Riccina.

Therka Market is at -1884N, 1267E. With no skills itā€™s about 30 minutes of running to get there (maybe a bit less if you keep going straight).

1 Like

I finally made it to the market but wow my fps plummeted to around 25fps, normally get 59fps anyone have any ideas? Or should I change my settings

The fps in the built up areas is something we still need to optimise. The Reflections option can add quite a bit of cost but only in some cases where it thinks there are water reflections.

1 Like

Ok thank you :slight_smile: absolutely love this game itā€™s incredible. When typing chat in game can everyone read it just there were a few people near me at the time and no one replied lol

Everyone local to you can see chat. Its a bit easy to miss at the moment though, using the emotes to attract attention eg
type /wave, tends to help.

1 Like

@NL-Tim @the-moebius I would like for this (or nearby it) to go to Iron Sky (which connects to my shop and Elop Portasā€™ market):

Can I get a destination token?

problem its toxip property and tim took it over beqause beacon ran out
but i can give you the one to stretchious build
because was thinking of closing that one

because i allready have a new shop and it serves me no purpose stretchious has conection to therkamarket allready

im on plaza now

Sorry, only reading this now. On my way.

Hi yeah, the-moebius is right. That plot is actualy from Toxip and I am guarding it for Toxip. Changes to portals, though already inactive, should be made only if @toxip agrees.

Alternative option: The portal street adjecent to the plaza, portals enough there to hand out tokens for (free).

its fixed he got the one to minersbluff i didn need it

Even the greatest towers look small when youā€™re high enough :smiley: Got that shoot me in the space bug, so took a chance to screenshot this :smiley:

9 Likes

Weā€™ll need to think about this then.

My first thought here is that once a settlement reaches a certain level then it canā€™t be merged into a bigger settlement when connected by a road. This would mean that players who have independently achieved a required settlement level would be protected from assimilation.

(Iā€™m beginning to think of @Heureka as the Therka Market Borg Queen!!)

9 Likes

What is a borg?

1 Like

I think this is a good first move, but I think you may also need to account for nearby groups that want to merge into a common settlement at a later time.

My personal preference would be that the initial formation of a settlement should be either by a single player with enough beacon prestige, or by several players that hold the required prestige between them, who make the conscious choice to join together (although I guess this part would be covered by a guild/clan?).

From there, have it so that players that place a beacon down within the limits of an existing settlement, are notified that they are joining that settlement (or give them a choice if they are wedged between multiple settlements).

When a settlement expands to the border of another player, I think that player should be given a choice as to whether they want to join the settlement or not (this will basically prevent unscrupulous players building a road out to starting players just to assimilate their builds, before they know whats-what - and before they get too far built up to do anything about it).

4 Likes

Hey! Is THAT what the pink unicorn character model is wearing?!

1 Like

If they say ā€œResistance is futileā€ instead of ā€œYabo!ā€ then I would have to say yes :thinking:

2 Likes