Question regarding chisel tools

Do I need to construct special (precise) chisel tools for shaping all kinds of triangular or square forms into blocks? Or do I need to unlock the right skills in the skill tree first? Or is it a mixture of both?

I’m very fond of this tool, unfortunately, I’m only able to carve out a very basic selection of splinters from blocks. Although I opened all chisel skills, left out one. It is a confusing aspect to me, because I hardly can relate the chisel tool terms to what I can actually do with them. Together with a possible limit, due to skill levels.
Maybe I’m supposed to figure it out. Just asking if s.o. else had the same impression.

3 Likes

I haven’t used anything other than copper or iron chisel because I don’t know which skills to take/which tools to use to get the various results - so more info here would definitely be useful.

2 Likes

Yes, different chisels can do different things. But to really get the most out of all their capabilities you’ll need to unlock the skills for them.

3 Likes

Does it depend on the metal type you use for crafting a chisel, or is this a durability aspect?

Normal chisel will do some basic blocks while “Precise” chisel will do all the shape you can do with chisel. Every metals have his type of chiseling. If you want more durability on chisel you have to make the gems one.

3 Likes

It’s best to place a bunch of blocks down, get a iron, a copper, a silver, and gold and titanium chisel. giver yourself a couple blocks of anything, to try each chisel out. get a good feel for what each does.

The gem chisels do the exact same thing, except they last longer(durability). Silver is like the diamond and topaz is like the gold.

The silver and Gold do nice angle corners. Gold doing the tightest smallest corners.

Copper does half block slants. And messy corners. The iron does smaller slants chips than the copper, but not angles.

Titanium can get down to a 1/4 of a square of the whole block. titanium is the only metal chisel that does cubes. A lot of people use it to make thin pillars, or little cube blocks on a road or walkway, or little square holes.

2 Likes

and you need them to chisel gem blocks used in building

1 Like

yep. And hard Coal won’t chisel either without gem chisels.

2 Likes

haven’t tried actually - didn’t know that :o every day something new:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Those are helpful answers, thank you very much!

From the release, with @Jiivita video.

2 Likes