Quick preview of the new glass signs & emojis

Yes. People wanted more stuff for gleam club.

1 Like

@majorvex

I canā€™t seem to get on testing.

Can you chisel a frame around the signs to make them look like boarder/trim in a wall?

I have a feeling you cannot because it will be facing the wrong way.

Example:

In the example the gleam is right up against the wood allowing it to peek through.

Can you do that with the new emojisā€¦or is it always setback to allow it to face the chisled out portion?

itā€™s a sign so it theory yes it will be set at the back of the block. and the back side will be invisible unless it changed.

My emoji response to that is :sob:

Itā€™s why I asked for a toggle to move the visible part to the other side of the glass signā€¦

2 Likes

could be nice for any sign actually. Sometime i had this issue with regular sign where i wanted it to be on the other side.

5 Likes

@majorvex vex-chan can Emojies Be Stacked or the glass be stacked combine emojis to create art

The gleam glass signs act like the previous signsā€¦you wonā€™t be able to put a block right up against the front bc they occupy the whole voxel/mesh space.

Iā€™m not sure if I did it rightā€¦

4 Likes

The new glass sign modules work just like previous sign modules and take up the entire voxel/mesh space. You wonā€™t be able to place them directly on each other. If you place a few in front of each other, you can see through them though, so you might be able to achieve some cool effects :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Hmm, was thinking of how to do an aquarium with some of them, that could be a cool project, but that would make it tricky with water blocksā€¦ maybe if had it recessed into a wall (not wide open), put the water in the front, layer signs in the back, might get a good effectā€¦ :thinking:

Definitely want to play a lot with different lighting behind glass signs, for base decor, I see a lot of potential on that!

1 Like

Just struck me too - bottom right sign, gives me lots of ideas for Exo-llent Plants. :grin: Truly, I think I can do some nice work with this to make my stores more appealing.

3 Likes

I canā€™t wait to see what all of you do with themā€¦Iā€™m not a builder so my examples were quick and plain lol

1 Like

Itā€™s perfect, exactly what I like to see, love your previews, so grateful for all the testers! :slight_smile: :+1:

ā€¦ We need to get them to put these in NMS now, hehe. :grin:

1 Like

They would cost too much quicksilver :joy::joy::joy:

This reminds me of the jetpack color streamsā€¦I thought they were kinda cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™d approve a 100 module Buugi beard!

3 Likes

Ummā€¦ Too much quicksilver? JUST GO ON A WEEKEND EVENT BRO!

1 Like

I keep missing the weekend events lol! They keep adding cool stuff and I canā€™t decide what to buy is the real problem though :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Im rich with quicksilver. I have a robot companion, a cool Galactic Hub banner (iā€™m a proud member of the galactic hub!) and a Fruit Tree (for my parks!). Btw i changed my profile to my glyph. I also have a black and white alien class ship (how rare are those?) that i bought the void egg with. The first thing i reccomend you to buy with quicksilver is the void egg.

1 Like

iā€™ll create a thread on NMS now. No need for this thread to be done with NMS

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: No Manā€™s Sky Thread