"REDUCE" low level ore from high level planets?

I wasn’t suggesting the removal, just shifting the potency. Giving life to low tier planets

My reply was a general reply XD

1 Like

I am all the time out of copper since I do a lot of crafting. So not something I would want to happen. You could always come sell it to my request baskets in ThornWood.

2 Likes

my self im always hesitant to say we should push end game players to lower tier areas i could see it creating conflict when a low level player is trying to mine away with he’s iron hammer to get to more iron or chopper and all of a sudden a player with a AOE gem hammer just blasts past him and takes all the mats in the area before he can even rage type a msg.

4 Likes

I am not clear on why we need to basically redo the distribution of resources in the entire universe just in the hope that newer players will build shops to sell copper and iron. All I see is the more advanced players doing exactly what they do now and using their gem tools to make the tier one and two planets swiss cheese in order to get all the iron and copper they need and then be able to sell their surplus. There is nothing preventing this. Newer players are never going to have items that they alone can sell. The game just does not work that way and in my opinion it shouldn’t.

4 Likes

@anon42939288 @Kal-El I dont think the demand for Iron + Copper would ever be so high that every low tier planet will be swiss cheesed. Also there are tons more low tier planets than Gem/Lucent Gem planets. The reason for this suggestion is to give low tier planets an actual purpose other than just being a home for someone.

Having a reason to revisit older/earlier content is good for a game. I am just trying to think of ideas of bettering the game and I think that giving earlier stages of content more validity is a great way to go about it. Not just mining, hunter, gathering, everything. Also with the rarity of low level resources on higher tier worlds, it will free up the loot table for other things.

Basically instead of getting bits of everything from planets you’ll be able to better target your resoures so you dont end up getting stacks of stuff you don’t. Ofc i dont mean you ONLY get one resource per world, i just mean change the balance. In World of Warcraft if you want Linen Cloth, you go to level 10-20 areas. I don’t wanna be raiding at max level and have my bags full of Linen Cloth, ya get where im coming from?

I get your point, but:

If you’ll notice, most players (even maxed “end game” ones) are filling up the T1 & T2 planets with their homes & bases. It seems most players prefer to inhabit these planets and spend the most time on them, regardless of resources.

I also see what you’re saying here, but…
I’d rather have extra iron/copper fill up my inventory than I would rock/salt/etc. I find the ore very useful for alloys and builds.

8 Likes

I understand the point, but I think all it does is increase the grind. Now I have to make two mining trips one to get gems and another to get iron (which I use a lot). So now I spend twice the time and I am mining on the planets where currently the resources are there more for the newer player that likely does not need as much.

The density on the t1 and t2 planets right now is probably not worth it for higher level players but if that is the best source then I do think you end up with the new players competing with the advanced players and that could prove to be very frustrating for the newer players. Personally I am not going to use a basic tool just because it is a t1 or t2. I will want to one hit and get as much as I can as fast as I can with an AOE.

I do not for a second think you are not trying to improve the game and maybe I am coming off harsh, but I am just not seeing where this really benefits any of the players new or old. I think there is a good case to be made for the existing setup allowing new players more freedom to mine the lower tiers for iron and copper due to the low density since the advanced players leave them alone except as @majorvex said to live on or to mine for a specific color of material.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re being harsh at all, its just a discussion :slight_smile:

Why would you make 2 trips? You would still get Iron from going after gems. Just not as much as if you were to go specifically after Iron (on a lower tier planet).

I more mean explore these planets and run around, not just in their base.

I dont understand that part, you’d still have iron/copper in your bags, but why would you have more rocks/salt/etc?

But do you have any source or research about minecraft in the vanilla success vs mod induced success?

I’m very interested to find out if minecraft was successful due to vanilla or if it’s the mod packs that created the success.

If the latter is true, then complexity would be better.

Just curious.

@Ovis - sorry added this and just saw you post below
Edit: I’m still hoping for complexity, but I am okay with being an outlier I guess. I liked what mods in minecraft brought to it, since that is always how I play it. I like complex magic, tech, crafting, building, resource gathering and the added end game dungeons. It’s more than just building, and I feel like boundless shouldn’t just be about building, that is so stale. But just my opinion, you should be able to do something in the world, make it more alive than just gathering and building.

The modding community was undoubtedly successful but I’m going off what information I have access to, ie YouTubers. Big minecraft YouTubers see bigger views on their Vanilla stuff than modded. So based of that is where I made my assumption.

I was responding to this point :point_down:

I was just saying, I would much rather have iron/copper fill up my inventory than rocks/salt/etc - if we are choosing something to omit from going into our inventory.

Perhaps we could leave the current distribution of metals as it is and instead manage the drops in some way. Maybe once you reach level 50, you could earn a special recipe for a backpack that only collects titanium or higher resources? Maybe it only works if you are on a T6+ planet?

Yeah, I get where you are coming from. Guess I’m just the other side of the coin, I only watched modded YouTube videos for minecraft. Not sure what the right answer is then. I’d just like some data on it, if we are thinking of basing decisions on changes due to mc vanilla vs mods.

I sell these items regularly, and I usually sell more copper than iron. I’ve made two mining trips for copper this week, staying at levels where there are no gems to maximize copper.

I also use them to make blocks and have put them into a couple of builds. Copper tools are also outselling iron for me.

The relative scarcity of copper (it’s not really on most t6) means it sells for the same price as iron, more often than iron. At least in my shop.

1 Like

This issue with this is you’ve double the grind then. Now I have to go to 2 different places to get things I need over time.

Double grind, or economy for the lower level people. A chance for them to sell what they can actually mine.

I would be very frustrated without Ion/Copper on high tier planets. I run a forge shop, (selling Iron tools too) and I find myself going to low tier planets to supplement the Iron Copper i still need, because in order to forge titanium tools, I need a mix of gold/silver alloys that require copper/Iron.

I would say i get 80% of the metals I need from high tiers, but I still need more.

4 Likes

Why is everyone saying they have to go to 2 places lol. You’ll still get Iron from gems worlds, just not as much as currently.

? Most maxed players I know buy iron/copper ore from anyone willing to sell it or mine it for them. Me included. Edit to add: and with the addition of the shop scanner, the selling field has been leveled. Noob’s stuff can be found just as easily as an experienced player.

3 Likes

Because we already don’t get enough on those high tier trips. So with less available, we will need to go on two mining expeditions.

1 Like