Release 145 - Report issues here

Gleam and gleam lanterns barely give off any light when placed. I have a couple gleam lanterns one wall and a wall about 4 blocks away from it is hardly brighter than before. Not sure if it is a bug but it would be great if items gave off the same light when placed as when you hold it.

Thank youā€¦ I have tried that. But I am going to lower it again to see if that helps.

i also have sometimes low fps when im at max settings and turning per pixel off usually gets me back to 60fps im at Eu servers like i should.
my specs are:
Win10
IntelR CoreTM i5-6400 CPU @2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
16 Gt RAM
64-Bit
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB

internet connection:

1 Like

Hi @Jenndragonfly.

I think there is likely another issue hidden away in the game. Changing your graphics setting to improve FPS shouldnā€™t alter your networking performance. Clearly they are interacting at the moment - and weā€™re in the process of doing some work that should make they operating independently.

I donā€™t know when the Networking update will hit Live - it might take a couple of weeks as we need to be careful to not make the problem worse!!

Keep an eye on the next Announcement posts for anything about Networking and see if they help.

(Other players have reported something similar.)

3 Likes

Oh and please for the love of sanity, make leaves break faster x.x
@james

4 Likes

Not only should leaves break faster, but when the wood is completely mined the leaves should begin disappearing. Or you could have is so when the wood is completely mined all the leaf blocks break simultaneously.

Iā€™m also experiencing the issue where I canā€™t stack a lot of resources together, instead they make multiple stacks.

1 Like

Seems like weā€™ve been getting a lot of server crashes lately. Typically everyone will see a lot of lag spikes leading up to the server going down. Itā€™s almost become a daily occurrence on US East servers at this point. The recovery processes have been working nicely though.

excellent, thank you @james! and I agree with the others, leaves need to break faster and when all the trunk is gone, disappear slowly

I am getting some huge lag issues :frowning: not sure what is causing it.

Yea, it is almost a daily issue, ping goes up to a bajillion for several long and excruciatingly painful minutes and then crashes. It then takes either another 15 long, excruciatingly painful minutes to come back up, or stays down for several hours.

Iā€™m posting this because the server is currently down and is hopefully in the process of restarting.

That explains why I canā€™t get into the game lol

A minor problem would be, that trunks are big meanwhile and without jetpack mode or a grapple not easily taken apart. Though I agree. Also Iā€™d love to see a different vanishing animation than a leaf block slowly decaying in sort of a transluscent state until it has gone ultimately. Instead, Iā€™d love to see them staying for a while until a popping sound or a leaf-rattling sound appears, and the leaf block vanishes in an instant and the leaves might burst a little and blend out in an alpha (transluscent) morph.

When using 110 FoV and looking at a specific angle next to a wall, part of the texture disappears for a block.
(see far right of image)

when placing a slab of one kind onto a slab of another kind(in the same block), both slabs will combine into the second type, with the first slab being lost and the second being duplicated.

In the world builder:

When 3d noise is floating above terrain with a grass+soil type block, grass does not spawn in areas directly underneath the 3d nosie

wooden ammo doesnā€™t smart stack. Idk if this is a bug or not, but it seems a bit weird :stuck_out_tongue:

Unable to line up some decorative blocks correctly. You can see in the picture every single combination of directions available except the one we wanted XD

Unless we derped and there is a way to get them both going n/s on the top and sides.

Not sure if this is a bug but is it possible that the world regeneration is broken ?

On all spots I mined the last days, only the stones and trees respawned but not one single resource (iron, copper, silver). Do resources respawn later or donā€™t they respawn at all at the moment ?

Minerals redistribute so you can not continue to mine the same node over and again.

Yeah but I mined in a huge area (40x40x40 blocks approx) and nowhere are new minerals. I canā€™t believe thatā€™s correct.

resources do respawn (and other users have confirmed it is live too, having had new resources appear in areas they previously mined), but only once the chunk has fully regenerated (ignoring beaconed areas), in your case itā€™s probable that the chunk ā€˜mostly regeneratedā€™ but someone came by and halted the process before it was fully regenerated and so no resources regenerated yet.

so itā€™s ā€œstone firstā€ and ā€œminerals secondā€ ? For me, this seems like a ā€œstrange behaviorā€.

But as long as itā€™s working itā€™s okay :slight_smile: thanks