Release 152 - Report issues here

Smelting a smart stack is already working for me man

You would only get charged if you walk through the warp into another world. It could be possible that the world was rendered at that moment as @Stretchious suggested . Do you remember if that was the case?

Both times that this happened I lost 1k coins. All I really recall is that I chose my destination and the blocks turned orange, once I broke them all I saw was a gray wall. Because the destination is rather dark I just thought that is what it was looking like and I walked through, just to fall into the water in the temple area. I did notice I lost the 500 coins both times. I am thinking the problem might have been on my end? Maybe the world were there and did render but maybe my connection or something just didn’t properly load the process to transfer? Not really sure what to suggest since I am not sure how the teleporting system works.

You have to close your eyes and visualise where you want to go whilst doing it, try harder!

2 Likes

Next time! You know what it was, I wasn’t wearing my red heels.

I am tryind to deleat the plot at 1702 80 1341 but it keeps telling me it has a beacon.

I have mined out the interior to find nothing but dirt. it is however a very old plot and has at different times been attached to multiple beacons. I would like to keep the plot next to it.
If any one has any incite please help or if a dev could see if its bugged that would be swell to. :smile_cat:

Sounds like you managed to replicate a bug I had back in release 149. I too had multiple beacons attached to this plot. That must be a key to replicating the bug.

1 Like

Is that one lonely plot still there or did you get it fixed?

[quote=“james, post:10, topic:6094, full:true”]Please try Testing 31 and read the details here.
[/quote] Hey, James: For what it’s worth, I’ve run this patch (152) on a Windows system (high-end specs, 1080 GFX, 32GB RAM, Windows 10, etc.) using the exact same LAN/Internet connection as the iMac, the same account, and visiting the exact same locations. The result is absolutely zero of the rubber-banding/camera-snap-back that I am seeing on my iMac. Not even the tiniest little hiccup or hesitation.

I am not in any way expecting an iMac (even the highest-end 5K Retina iMac) to compete with a high-end Windows gaming system in any meaningful way; I am just providing an additional data point for you. I am not sure how this plays into your theory on chunk size strangling bandwidth for user-related processes, but I thought it was worth reporting to you.

I can try test patch 31 on that same Windows system but I am guessing that, based on the results with the alpha 152 release, that won’t show me anything different. Let me know if you think that would be valuable.

One additional data point: running release 31 on the iMac, I found the setting to reduce the chunk size in the options, I reduced it one step, and noticed no difference in the rubber-banding/camera-snap-back effect. It’s still happening, and happening in the same places under the same conditions. I will try to reduce it one step further to see if that helps.

Hi @Solannis.

To confirm the following happen on exactly the same network:

1. Windows 10 with Release 152 results in a smooth connection.
  2. iMac with Release 152 results in rubber banding.

If you have time could you:

1. test both Windows 10 and iMac with Testing 32 released today.
  2. do the same test with the next Live release coming tomorrow.
  3. if the rubber banding happens share a screen shot of the debugging information on both machines.

This might help isolate the issue given you have a great connection.

Hi @james,

First, I am confirming that what you described in the first two points is correct: two different hosts sitting on the exact same LAN (in fact, both are physically connected to the same physical 1GB switch, no WiFi in play here), both are running 152, using the same Steam account and, therefore, in the same place, and the iMac exhibits the rubber-banding/camera-snap-back while the Windows PC does not. One clarification: I am not using both machines at the exact same time: I will run on the iMac, then I will close down on that one and run on the Windows system and then close that down and going back to the iMac. If it won’t violate anything (license, multiple simultaneous logins, etc.), I’d be happy to run on both systems simultaneously to see if the description above still applies while both are actively playing (will need a friend to help me test that).

Second: Just to be clear (and I apologize if this is a dumb question) when you say “debugging information”, do you mean pressing the period (".") key and all the information appears overlaid on top of the game screen, or are you referring to some other log or output? Let me know.

1 Like

Ok thank you.

Btw - you’ll not be able to run the game twice. Steam will not allow it.

Yes. Press “.” a few times to bring up the details. And share screen shots when the Mac is lagging and when Windows is not. Try and let them both run for the same period of time, say 5 minutes.

Not sure if this is an issue or an oversight, however is it intentional that mining something like refined blocks yields no xp to mining or building?

Hi @james,

A few more questions to make sure I’m making this experiment as useful to you as possible:

1. What setting would you like the chunk rate set to? Max | High | Medium | Low

2. Are there any other settings (UI scale, draw distance, vegetation detail, etc.) that you would like to have set to (e.g. high, medium, etc.)? I will make sure whatever settings you want me to be at will be the same for both the iMac and the Windows PC.

3. The period key seems to be a four-state setting, with one state = no screen overlays (including compass and activity), one with full debug detail, one with what appears to be minimum debug detail, and one with default game UI feedback overlays (active quests, activity report, item pickup results, etc.). Do you have a specific state you want turned on?

And now some feedback:

A) I am noticing that the test world does not regenerate the same way the live worlds do (mining I did a few days ago is still present tonight). I will try to duplicate the results from my last test, but without the same trees being present, I am not sure how well that will work. Will have to try to find similar trees/locations.

B) It would be really nice if the game version (152, 32, etc.) appeared next to the build number on the debug screen so we could tell exactly which version of the game we are playing/testing.

C) In build 152, I still have many items of the same type that don’t stack. For example, I have a stack of 6 copper (smelted in a furnace) and a stack of 14 copper (smelted in a furnace), but the two won’t merge into a single stack of 20. They will show up as a smart stack, which is nice I suppose, but since they are the same thing (or at least they LOOK like the same thing and were created the same way) it would be nice if they would stack on top of each other when the stack size would be below 99 or 98 or whatever. I have the same problem with a number of items/resources that I have mined and even some I have crafted (glue, fossil extracts, etc.).

Umm so this is for the new release, not this one.

The new grapple line looks great, but my hook doesn’t work anymore to go up or down, is that intended?

So for the newest test release right`?

Nope, test just got pushed to live.

Ah well, back to graveling everywhere minecraft style!