This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
- Art + Animation + Assets:
- Added darker night time lighting.
- Removed greenish values from the night sky cubemap.
- Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Added new restrictions to remove/place blocks to connected powercores.
- Fixed a crash caused by placing a machine next to pipes connecting multiple powercore groups.
- Fixed held torch and totem beam not playing audio.
- New grapple beam audio.
- Creatures + Combat:
- Fix for creatures spawning on surfaces inside a beacon but with the block above not inside a beacon.
- GUI + HUD:
- Added a new option to landmark saved locations. (The landmark locations will be displayed on the compass)
- Added compass location text to display the player’s world and closest region.
- Updated compass information when a player is inside a beacon.
- Updated GUI glyph colours to represent the relationship with the player.
- Warps + Portals:
- Locations in the warp conduit screen now display current/required coin and conduit block counts to activate the warp to the given location similar to crafting interfaces.
- Locations in your inventory now display their distance based on the world you’re currently on.
- Trying to activate a warp that will leave you without enough coins to return will pop up a dialog to confirm the action.
- Warps now have a requirement on the size of the warp depending on the distance travelled. Travelling further requires a physically larger warp. This does not apply to the Sanctum.
- Warps now have costs determined by the distance travelled in the universe, calculated by the number of hops in the world graph.
Resolved Known Issues:
- Chat UI overlaps with Game Log UI.
- Grappling hooks will occasionally be left on the ground.
- Grappling hooks will occasionally go through blocks.
- Occasional crash may occur when using grappling hook.
Outstanding Known Issues:
- Buying plinths that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
- Chat text overlaps with HUD Text in the centre of the screen.
- Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
- Gem grappling hooks retract automatically when hanging.
- Shift-clicking an item from the selling plinth will show odd numbers and will not always go in the shopping basket.
- Shift-clicking and dragging on the coin icons from within the trading menus may cause a crash.
- Some Extractor machines lack animation.
- Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon’s plots placed throughout the process.
- The recipes are not final.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
- Fixed issue with the calculation of Warps between worlds.
- Reduced Warp costs to be consistent with the player progression currently in game.