Release 154 - Report issues here

Please report all issues discovered in Release 154 in this thread.

Hahahaha, love it.

After receiving many complaints and even acknowledging complaints on warp costs you decided to convert a 500 coin warp cost to 500,000

I’m out guys, good luck!

Great find! It is the furthest planet (Australian server from your home planet (European server) I think.

Indeed it is, but I’m now looking at half a million coins to travel to Andooween and vena v etc, worlds i had just started to visit yesterday for 500 coins.

Uninstalled the game I’m afraid

There is a better way. Hop 4 and then hop another. It should be 3000 in total. I hope you come back again to finish building that awesome build in Therka.

Hmm why are you tricking me? just reinstalled just to see if this was true. It is not.

Based on this:

http://puu.sh/rETSg/7f593a0085.jpg

I warped from Therka to Vulpto for 800 coins.

These are the warp costs i see from Vulpto, not Therka.

If this is a bug I’ll keep playing of course, but if this is intended i’m done until there’s something else to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed I ran in to the same thing… I went to go home to my market on EU and its 500k to get there direct… but I can spend 800 for 2 hops at a time and get there for 3200. (Tested this out… but cant seem to get out of the West US or Australia regions. I spent 4k trying to make my way out but I cannot find a jump that is less than 500k to US East or EU.
I’m now stuck on Berlyn with only 800 coin left until I can level up attacker (takes for ever) or builder ( which is at 10 and is slow as well).

Might be a bug. We will look into this. Thanks.

1 Like

No worries, and not trying to be a ■■■■ but personally the last 2 or 3 updates have just made boundless less fun to play for me.

Look forward to see what comes next for sure, but as of right now I enjoyed playing it more a couple of weeks back update-wise, that’s my personal feedback so i’ll take a little break :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I take this back. I cannot get back to EU… I’ve tried both directions.
The map that Wichall linked seems to not be consistent with the access via warps at this time.
for example Narsharil to Vulpto for me is still showing 500k when i’m on Narsharil. So I cannot even get back. I can only access USWest and Australia locations due to cost.

Wow, so I know that others have already mentioned their discontent with the new warp costs (per jump) but man, the 500K cost just took the majority of the fun out of the game. I am maxed on mining and cannot seem to get anything else to level with any consistency. So, I am credit limited to say the least. There are not a ton of players on Berlyn so the chance of earning coins via the trade economy are not good. I guess that I am stuck for now. I am also not super pleased with the need to now build huge stacks of warp conduits to get anywhere. Not sure why I need a door the size of an elephant to get my little guy through the warp. I am left wondering what the Dev team was thinking with this one.

3 Likes

I too have warps that cost 500K coins. I don’t think it’s even possible to accumulate that much coin. This has to be a bug, and if not, this change is a huge mistake and people will start leaving the game in droves(which isn’t good considering the community isn’t very large to begin with).

Also, I don’t understand the need for more than two warp conduits either. This change makes no sense whatsoever.

1 Like

Let me suggest some sense that the devs may or may not be thinking.

1. The game is far from finished.
  2. If you can just warp anywhere anytime you feel like then the novelty of the different worlds and the ease with which people can access them is so pointless, they might as well have made one giant world with every resource on it.
  3. There will be many ways to get coin in the future. Nobody has ever liked the way we get coin now, and no other game uses such a dumb system alone because it would never work.
  4. When quest lines are added, there will be other objectives to run through, so you won’t be sitting on worlds as we are just twiddling your thumbs because you can’t do anything due to a lack of funds.
  5. There is inherent fun in progression. If the results we’re seeing to warp different distances are correct (scaling with distance in both coin and materials to build [recipes are NOT final]), other than the obvious bug, then it makes sense for a universe in which everybody starts out small and slowly builds in their capacity to move about. An example from one of, if not THE, most succesful MMOs out there is that in WoW, you start out walking, then you can get a crappy mount, then you can get a fast land mount, then you can get a crappy flying mount, then you can get a fast flying mount. Then, other people who are higher level than you can teleport you to them, or you can discover flight paths, etc. The point is, it shouldn’t be cheap to move about at any time without any limits.
  6. The game isn’t done yet.
  7. We’ll have more creatures to discover, things to build, objectives to complete, skills to gain, people to collaborate with, and many other things that will make not being able to warp about much less of a drag than what it is right now . . . in development.
  8. The game has yet to be finished.
  9. The developers are building a foundation for the programming and backend that will be able to support the full game, and as they release what they have each week, the systems aren’t complete or refined.
  10. Did I mention the devs are still working on completing the game?
5 Likes

I believe we all understand this. As part of participation in this process it is important that we express what we do and don’t like. This is what helps the devs know how those changes impact the community. Sure some may come across less constructive but the intent is the same. We are just expressing this. The developers know this just as we know they intend to improve, add features and generally are working towards a complete and polished game.

2 Likes

I’ve posted about the warp costs here.

1 Like

Still experiencing mobs spawning inside of beacons. The area shown below is completely walled off and within a beacon, yet livestock is spawning inside. Coords [1350, 109, 1933]

2 Likes

Are those trees on the far edge, hard up against your wall? Could they be coming in off the tops of the trees?

There is a 4 block gap between the nearest leaf and the wall.

At the same time, I think many of us would rather they design for 1.0 than for 0.5. If they hold off balancing something in a test release because one guy isn’t having fun with it and publicly threatens to uninstall and leave because he doesn’t understand how early access works then not only will they have to tweak that thing later but they’ll also have to retweak surrounding areas which could put off 1.0.

I’d all for giving advice on what they’ve done but I think posting silly threats and whining on the forums because of how they’re doing it is pretty silly and embarrassing. Unless someone here is like lead game designer for a major company like Bethesda or EA or something I think we can trust that they do things the way they do them for certain reasons. I’d rather have them work on actively developing and tweaking than spend time explaining the why behind their every action and every testing build update.

1 Like