Release 154 - Report issues here

Not too sure why my honesty is considered silly threats, people play a game for fun.

Developers open early access for both crowd funding and feedback.

I can’t give much feedback when I’m not playing the game because I no longer enjoy it, which I’m not and I don’t.

I have given my reasons and feel that it would be beneficial for an early access game to have an active player base. I’m not alone on this but even if I am, developers should know my reasons of why I’m not playing anymore.

3 Likes

Going back to an issue I logged previously, I have discovered that I can now exploit it to boost my Crafting ability

I made a vid (my first one ever haha) to show how this is exploitable…

http://sendvid.com/h8089jwb

This works on all machines

Just as an extra note - It would be relatively easy to take advantage of this, using a script automation tool, which would then allow people to level up their crafting skill without even being sat at their computer. (sorry, I actually did create one as a proof of concept).

Can’t use a “left hand” item. Whenever i equip an item to my left hand, it’s unusable.

I see no one has mentioned this, but the compass doesn’t work. At least for me it doesn’t. Beacons (including my own) come and go while I am just standing there. I have no way of tracking the location of my own beacon after I leave it. And you guys say landmark tracking, I’ve found 5 landmarks on Berlyn and none are tracked on the compass.

Last thing I want to mention is the warp cost… really guys? One of the biggest things everyone has been complaining about is warp cost, and you decide to increase it? Now I haven’t tried to warp since the update (cause I have no coins) but this new change, it just makes me never want to warp again. Wish there was a way to remotely destroy your beacons cause no way I am going back to my other ones with the increase in warp cost. I will add however, if this is a prelude to a skill that people with the explorer profession will have (reduced portal cost) then by all means, go for it. I am 100% behind that, it would actually hugely balance out economies making goods that can’t be found on the current planet or close planets worth high values. But if that isn’t the reason, you need to undo it because you just killed one of the things that made this game really awesome, the warping from world to world. Unless it’s a huge bug and the cap warp cost is suppose to be like 1k or something to cross the largest distance, cause seriously 500 to jump within the same region (within the 3 planets orbiting each other) was bull. Half a million coin, is that even possible to attain without mass trading?

Not sure if you saw it, but they already released a hotfix for this. It doesn’t cost half a million anymore, it was a bug.

Like I said, I don’t have enough coin to even consider warping so I personally have no checked. Was just commenting based on what others were saying and my personal opinion of the initial cost of warping before this change.

An informed community is what keeps the game changing and going, please restrain from offering hateful opinions about something you don’t know, and have just read on the forums and can’t seem to investigate. Formulating opinions based on assumptions and not facts, is what detriments from the mutual exchange, and what lastly affects the overall experience of the people in the forums, who don’t know any better since they’re new.

2 Likes

That may be the case, but it still stands that @james released this post in response to the problem. What you’re talking about has already been resolved. It costs less than it did for short warps, and a bit more for long warps which won’t even be an issue when we get additional sources of income. Basically, the broken warp-coinage debacle is closed now, but your comment may confuse others and make it seem like it hasn’t been resolved. If you have opinions on the current situation, that’s awesome. But uninformed posts about old situations will cause confusion, not resolutions.

2 Likes

Agree with the others, best to test for yourself!

I tried to reply to the various threads I had commented on saying I was much happier with the hotfix but so many sprung up at once I didn’t get them all, definitely missed this one!

Am very happy I can afford to warp more now and enjoying playing the game patiently waiting for portals to come in!

2 Likes

Maybe somebody said. Long names closing numbers

1 Like

And that response helps how? Yeah, thought so.

And I understand the situation has been resolved(I still haven’t found the post where they said it was fixed, but that’s me, will keep looking). I didn’t see the post where it was stated that the issue was fixed, so I apologize if anyone has become confused by my statement. I am glad that the issue was fixed and that warping is cheaper now, that definitely opens a lot of warps.

It helps by giving guidelines to a healthy communication, sometimes we get blinded by anger, and not notice our own bad doings. From your two previous responses, you were defending a point of view based on misinterpretations.

Since the expansion of the game is at it’s core right now, it’s important we make sure to provide truthful information while writing, and if we’re not sure, it’s okay to say and advise people, so they can take it with a grain of salt.

You are wrong there, it doesn’t help. All that type of comment does is put people in the defensive and give them a bad taste of the community. Had I been a new player and saw that, I would start to think negatively of the community. Asking myself why someone has to go and be that overly critical instead of offering useful and friendly advice along the grounds of, “it was a glitch, it was fixed, here is a link to how the system is suppose to work.” So then that person can respond, “oh, thank you so much. I am glad the issue was resolved and the warping cost system was changed to be more friendly.” But no, that’s not what happened now is it? Anyway, lets just drop it. I was corrected, the post where the new warping cost has been linked so it’s easy to find, and it has been made clear that warping cost have been fixed to facilitate warping. Which is all very good.

This thread is for reports of bugs, not arguments. Keep it formal please and carry on. @Dzchan94 and @UmbraVictus

4 Likes

My bugs:

Still getting hit for 4k+ damage from doors.

Grapple occasionally has no effect even though all the graphics including the line are active and connected. R/F do nothing and I can walk as normal with no resistance. Right and Left hand also still behave very differently to each other.

All of my furnace created items still don’t non-smart-stack together when made in different furnaces. They do however non-smart-stack if left in a smart-stack for a few days. Guess it’s not love at first sight or something…

If you dig a 1 block wide vertical hole down from the surface on a moon/ring planet with fog (Vulpto) all the way down to the lava, the yellow fog at lava level does crazy things, it’s fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know if somebody said this already. The plot number when adding or deleting plots remains at 61/123 in the HUD. In the inventory it says 92/123 which must be the right number of plots I used. I don’t know why it stopped counting.

EDIT: After restarting the game it remains at 92 in the hud when I add new plots or delete them.

ANOTHER ISSUE:
I had 2000HP and saw a high tier Spitter coming (which hits you with 2000). I used a Healing Brew and the Spiiter hit me at the same time. Well, I died and the Healing Brew is gone. I think this shouldn’t be possible.

Hello, I don’t know if it’s a bug or not.

But the refined rocks, seem to use the shovel as the correct tool and not the hammer.

I noticed gleam lanterns break fastest with a shovel as well(only 4 hits).

The shovel is the default tool for breaking all blocks, as such a lot of blocks which haven’t been matched to a correct tool (refined rocks, gleam lanterns, pipes, machines) use a shovel. I believe it’s a known problem but am not certain!

I kind of like that the shovel breaks crafted blocks whether it was planned or not.

If you think about it you’ve got a bit more luck re using a brick or a window if you tried to remove it with a shovel than a big rock-breaking hammer :grin: