Release 155 - Report issues here

The tutorial/quest for “Workbench Construction” doesn’t complete when you place the 4 pieces next to each other. I’ve tried various shapes and layouts but nothing progresses the tutorial along.

2 Likes

Same thing happens to me

Have you tried removing all 4 pieces and placing them down again?

Thanks for reporting this. For some reason, it looks like the hopper is making 2 hits instead of 1 for an explosion. We will take a look at.

2 Likes

An error occured while updating (content file Locked) ?

Yep, still no luck though. I tried placing all vertically, horizontally, in a square and in an L shape. I even built another workbench and tried again.

The crates convert to the workbench when the last block is placed, as expected, but the tutorial/quest remains unchanged.

1 Like

While playing today, my game just started continuously crashing and then on about the 3rd crash, when I relaunched the game through steam I was presented with this screen

Once logging in the game crashed with this error message

I have restarted Steam and my PC, the error persists.

I’m having the same issue

FATAL ERROR

@Sammi79 regarding your second issue, check the wear of the machine. If it is at 100% it shows that rediculous time figure and you repair it with a spanner. This is most likely the reason for that.

1 Like

Ok thanks that sounds logical. Prevented from testing by the first issue atm, I’ll keep trying.

I, too, am getting the fatal error 31. I’ll just intermittently keep checking back.

@lillsoldat7 @sammi79 @Cstpn00 @Dorit0Bandito

Thanks for reporting. It seems like Steam are having issues authorising tokens for Boundless at the moment. We had this issue yesterday as well but it went away after a few minutes. It would be interesting to know if this is happening for other games at the moment as well.

Let us know if you are able to get online, or we’ll reply to this to say it is working again.

1 Like

I am currently getting the “[FATAL ERROR] 31: Failed to get Steam session ticket, check connection to Steam.” as well. I checked some of my other games and had no issue. Just thought I’d let you know.

Not sure how accurate this is, but there certainly seems to be some issues in Europe. http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/steam/map/

2 Likes

The auth Steam API is down.

The reason this is happening with Boundless and likely not other games in your Steam library is because Boundless validates your identity and ownership via Steam’s API when you start the game.

We do this because we want to make sure that we maintain the integrity of the MMO. We don’t want rouge players (somehow) playing as your character, griefing or destroying the worlds.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! That’s a very cool feature. :slight_smile: I’m sure the issue will work out soon.

Other developers are reporting the issue to Steam on their dev forums.

It’s frustrating because we depend on Steam and they don’t give much visibility to players about issues.

6 Likes

Yes, it looks like the issue has been fixed on Steam’s end.

1 Like

The check still happens. Steam’s services are working again.

1 Like

Yeah it’s as simple as that, when the new quests (or tasks id call them) come in including the one to craft a workbench and place them i already had one, now crafting another workbench and placing them or picking up the old one and placing it again, it doesnt matter i can’t finish the task and so i am blocked from getting the following ones,

i dont know what fullfilling these do yet or will do, but i have an inside urge of completting all the quests a game sets me up to do with telling me somewhere at the corner of my screen :D, and if its just because there is less stuff appearing on my HUD xD,

so yeah, what can i do about it?