Release 159 - Report issues here

Just to add to the animal pathing errors I’ve noticed tier 5 spitters seem to just stand there and take a while to attack in comparison to lower tier ones which seem to spit at you as soon as they can.

Road Runners are wierdly suicidal - they just seem to run into the nearest lava or water and kill themselves. And here’s one that face planted into a ruin got totally stuck on a ruin, he wasn’t even attempting to move on the spot, just totally static yesterday.

The 4 sides of my pyramid are all the same chiseled blocks, yet I tested killing some wildstock while I was standing on the top. Some could instantly find their way directly up to me in a straight line up the chisled blocks, while other wildstock decided to move from left to right coming up 1 level at a time in a huge zig zag as they reached the edges.

1 Like

Edit: WOW never mind -_- it had 100% wear lol… an indicator on the recipe might be nice for times like this

Edit: [quote=“luke-turbulenz, post:104, topic:6850”]
Facepalm moment?
[/quote]
very much so!

It seems that not all mixers are created equally O.o

This is the that isn’t working:

The one that is NOT circled works fine =/

if it helps the Coordinates are: -402, 59, 622[details=Summary][/details]

when starting the game. there is a “Welcome to Boundless” window, where I have to click once to get into the game. This window does contain several lines of messages, beginning with early Access Development Version: ".

I would like to see also some Version Nummber/Build Number (perhaps with a build timestamp) which I could use to check if I really am using the latest version and/or add it to a bug report here in this thread.

Is this possible to add for information ?

2 Likes

Facepalm moment?

We should have a visual indicator on the machine that says it is worn out.

4 Likes

You can see the game version from the debug overlay, it’s the first line on top left side, to see the debug overlay you need to press ‘.’ two times.

You can find this at the top left of the debug text when playing so currently this says

Game version: live (5577def6)

We can probably add that info to the splash screen as well if that’s useful.
Additionally in Steam if you go to the properties page for Boundless and look at the bottom of the local files tab you’ll see a Steam build id, currently 1712685. That’s also unique to the version that you’re playing although it doesn’t tell us which branch you’re playing on.
Either of those should be enough for us to confirm which version you’re on.

would also be nice if you could see the %wear on the tool-tip when looking at the machine… would make repairing less of a guess/counting game =)

4 Likes

I visited the place and it looks like there was no beacon, hence the reason why part of it had regenerated.

cool figured this was the case… was a bit worried that plots were somehow randomly un-claiming themselves O.o

Thank you ^^

yeah, Player Persistence (as i’ve been calling it) probably kept your dragon mouth perfect. (that stuff where areas around players dont reset)

The bug lies with the message appearing more than once, so we’ve logged a bug.

Sounds like you’ll like the updated HUD when it arrives :slight_smile:

1 Like

We can’t reproduce the issue. How many times did it happen and did you see the issue when you loaded the game, or when you returned the Sanctum from one of the current world?

We pushed a few hotfixes, can you see if it’s been improved?

We pushed a hotfix for this, so it should be working again.

i had the same thing happening to me in the sanctum. really really dark all the time. but once i got within about 5 feet of the area, it would load up a bit and push the dark away

Is that from loading the game, or from returning to the Sanctum?

It happens if the terrain detail is lower than ‘high’ as the sanctum is big enough to require lodded rendering, but there are no lods in the sanctum.

it was from loading hte game. this was yesterday, i have not opened the game 3/24 yet. but im about to

okay, so on low terrain detail starting the game just now, there’s light, but a dark fog really close to where i am. like the first screenshot.

but the second screenshot i gave was weird, because my torch was glitched or something, nad there was not light anywhere, even though there are gleam lanterns next to the plinths.

turning the terrain detail up to high did reveal the entire sanctum