Release 178 - Report issues here

Setting prices for request baskets are bugging out in a new way now:

This is my wood trunk basket. The first page bugs with the wrong item as usual:

But now the set price page is broken too (images missing and I cant set prices):

Minor additional issue:
Shift+click from “Purchased items” does not move to your inventory.

Seems like water can pass through solid blocks if chiseled as demonstrated below. first picture we chiseled the middle with the half slope. on the second picture we chiseled the right block into a wall, and then water started to pass through the middle block.

Not sure if already mentioned or known, but I can’t get bevelled soil to take grass. Tried only with bevel chisels on beaconed grassy soil. First hit removes grass and shapes the soil. I try to seed it afterwards but it won’t take.

Also just wondering if horizontal portals don’t work anymore? I got an error saying “portal connection portal missing” when trying to open a h4x4 portal (with 99 shards and 3 blocks of space under the conduits).

there is no bevel/square-chiselled grass, and no plans to allow it right now, as grass relies quite heavily on the texture blending for just the basic appearance of the block, and also relies on the foliage, and the foliage and texture blending either don’t work at all, or work badly, on bevel/square-chiselled blocks.

2 Likes

I’m not sure it’s a bug or rather by design.
When you look at the image showing all the shapes:

There a two slabs (red and green). So a bevel slab and a square slab are internally a different shape.
(And i guess pre-patch walls count as square chiseled.)

1 Like

It does look like the one exception where it should be possible to bevel / chisel a slab. We’ll add this to the database.

I suspect it may well fall under the known issue ‘Item wanted is completely different to what was placed there before on the Request Basket’ although it doesn’t seem to happen every time we tried to reproduce it. Do you remember what you were doing before the issue occurred? And does it still occur even after you have placed a trunk block onto the Request Basket to replace the leaf in the first screenshot?

Cannot reproduce this one from a Request Basket. Is it happening every time?

Thanks for the report and screenshots, a bug has been logged.

1 Like

@brook-monroe, we do have a fix for the text issue, so it should be in the next release.

1 Like

I cannot open portals either

2 Likes

We’re currently taking a look at this, so we should get a fix out soon.

1 Like

@Karokendo and @Narkulus, can you try and open the portals again? We have pushed a hotfix for this.

1 Like

@vdragon it works again :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

I know about the completely different item bug - but it did not affect the set prices page before (that behaviour is new to this patch - at least in all my days of changing prices daily). It happened consistently to that basket until I replaced the item now. If it happens again I’ll start to look for a pattern.

Oddly I can’t reproduce it now either. Hotfix might have zapped it. Will keep an eye open for it.

1 Like

Jumped over T! crafting, and T2 is green.

2 Likes

I noticed that I was trying to remove an old beacon that was removed and plots cleared from my beacon list and it will not go away. I keep clicking on remove and nothing happens. Tried another (from a friend that owned it and I know the tower and plots were removed) and it wont go away.

I’m not sure if others have seen this or if it is a bug.

My portal opened.

@Heureka, hopefully we will have a fix for ‘The Benchmark ll’ feat in the next update.

How old was the beacon? Are you having trouble removing both the beacon and the associated plots? Was the other beacon from the friend also old?

Thanks for confirming that the hotfix is working as expected.

@vdragon These were recent beacons. Both had been placed within the past 2 months. One ran for many weeks before removal. Then I tried to remove it from my list a week or so ago. Sorry if I made it confusing but they removed everything themselves. I am just trying to remove the entry from the Places / Beacon list where I had added it to my list of beacons for tracking. So it is from that menu that it will not remove.

That clarifies it more. Presumably you’re trying to click on the ‘Remove Beacon From List’ button. What colour is the text and background for that button? When you said ‘they removed everything themselves’ did you mean that the beacons in question are showing as already expired on the menu?

I changed my keybindings so that “Use left hand item” is both LMB and spacebar. The binding works fine in normal use – but also, now, when I’m typing in chat, every time I type a space I also use my left hand item.

It doesn’t prevent me from playing or chatting, but it does startle me every time I whack something without meaning to.