Release 190 - Report issue here

@vdragon
Character/Steam Name: HarryHotpants
Computer Name: HENRY

Edit: Everyone else (me included) can just Run Arround Town as allways. He had the Problem on Moebius Plaza now too, but just once, every other Planet is just fine.

When running through one of my portals from Therka to Solum, i will end up stuck behind the portal

Therka location, through the heart.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927053133442061262/5721125566D1BCD775BD7A5BBB431DC39B2A5948/

1,173N 2,355E

Might be that i made a mistake, but considering what i lost i thought it may be worth a mention. I believe that i had an area plotted (-626N ,68 ,-628E). 11 weeks remain on the beacon. No issues for days, till i got the new update to day. Then poof! the plotted area that was attached to the beacon 1 disappeared? I lost 10 workbench powercoils and 10 advanced powercoils. I run on MAC. Did I unplot by accident? I’m on Solum in the City of Steam.

@vdragon 1492N 564E Altitude 49 on Nasharil.

I’ll tell my buddy that we need to leave it as-is for a couple days so you can take a look.

I actually have a concern about the updates involving the new crafting and power. Power requirements are ridiculous. The lowest power consumed item for crafting, is a stupid cup, and I have to have 5 power coils to make a stupid cup at 500 power. Five , for a cup!? I have zero of the super rare red techs to make the higher tier coils. FIVE power coils all zapping one frikin crafting table to make a cup? The next level item I can craft needs 15 frikin coils all zapping one table, then 45. To date I have only seen red tech for sale for huge prices. that’s months of playing and hundreds of hours.

It seems the power needs are way to high. So much energy goes into the cores from my hard earned mined coal anyway. The power should be a fraction of the need compared to the high end mats it takes to build them.
It feels like unless you are a dedicated crafter only buying all the material from everyone and your the next mobious, with the resources , new players will never be able to compete. Or players who have jobs will never see a nice store that sells anything more than a copper or iron hammer for at least a year.

Also It does seem like with all the new changes, it definitely feels like there is not enough points to spend. Even using close to 6 characters, with specific trades, there just isn’t quite enough points to go around for what a maxed level character should be able to have, even when trying to be trade specific.

3 Likes

@Zina cough Idea Crafting: Full Powered Public Workbenches
Workbench is @ 2400 Power and Compactor is Fully Upgraded, more to come… cough

I think what the Devs are trying to do at the moment, is lay down a more WoWesque than Minecrafty feeling in this Game, and by Making some Items as hard to gain as Legendaries in WoW, so you have to party up and do stuff in Groups, creates just this feeling for me (And hopefully for you too soon) It shouldn’t be a requirement to be able to craft everything, but the highest of all Goals for a Craft only Char

I find it crazy that you have to use metal or alloys to craft the cups just for healing brews that need oils, buckets, bark and other ingredients and the cups aren’t even reusable so when you’re fighting mobs you drink a healing brew and throw it away!

1 Like

When you combine Bucket of milk and Bucket of fortified milk into a stack, the tooltip of the stack looks a little odd.

Same goes for “Bag of …” stacks.

Edit: And with oils.

1 Like

Running into a weird issue with Request Baskets. Whenever I put a item in which I’m buying for 0 coin, a donation, it does not appear as a “preview”. It still works as a regular request basket, still with the ability to sell to the stand, but does not show the block it is selling. A example of this would be at my place accessible from Solum Portal Seekers Gateway, Portal C2 Jake or from Solum 1021N 1825E.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the recent update or from the one before but seem to have settlement issues with my beacon that has 490,000 prestige, and has a few other builds connected.

Location Sept 756N 166E

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927053133444962644/C065F810B5A8DC4E301887BEE695AC9484923CBE/

P.S. how do i get the image to come up rather than just link?

Saw this in Aquatopia market… looks like the colour gets lost when displayed in a request basket…

Small overlap of text on the GUI

1 Like

I grappled into a portal, did not die, but got the death debuff
‘Weakness’
Grapple broke as if I were just revived
cant reel in by pressing ‘r’ however returning to the sanctum fixes this issue.

My best guess is I went too fast through the portal and that caused the game to get all angry with me :c hue~

2 Likes

i there,

dunno if it is a bug or error in coding but try to put a request basket then add for example cooked meat and choose couple more dishes from the list and set a price then fps will almost freeze the game. in my case i chose 4 items from the list and fps went down from 102 to 0-4 max but only on the price set tab, also ping rises from 40-60 to over 250 and more. Need more testing!! Can someone check this as well?

Visit my basket in Berlyn to see what i set up.1,733N 1,516E (alt:103) Berlyn

as asked here ar ethe screens:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/931556825409957564/28998A73F2D960F8CD68E2AB0FD541BAA660C710/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/931556825409957794/D42909959283DFD3396BB6552FE525BD201D177F/

and the log:

This is a problem that may need long-term tracking

1. As the game time increases, the CPU usage will gradually increase
  2. CPU usage increases significantly when near the Portal
1 Like

I will take a look at this for you!

Can you confirm the location you lost your plots was around ( -625, 60 - 625) on solum?
I can’t see any events the suggest you have placed a beacon in this area.

Were the plots lost in the city of steam?

This may be an issue with Steam itself. Is it still happening since then?

Thanks for the update, although I can’t see any crash dump with the given name. If he encounters the issue again and submits another crash dump, I can take another look to see if the crash dump has been sent over.

Does it happen every time when you go through the portal, or were you running through it in a certain way for the issue to occur?

Thanks for the screenshot, I’ve logged a bug.

Incidentally, were you going for a certain type of look? The engineer looking at the bug remarked that the area was a bit creepy.

Did you have plans to change the layout due to the lighting issue?

Any opinions on this @olliepurkiss?

Thanks for the report and screenshots, I’ll add these to the bug database.

Okay, so it looks like the game is treating a 0c value in the same way as if no price was entered in the first price. I’ll add a note to the database.

It’s the same issue referenced by @Brynjar and @HiggsFoton at the beginning of the forum topic and was present in the previous release.

One way of doing it is to drag and drop a saved image, so using your screenshot as an example, I get this:

Thanks for the reports and screenshots, I’ve added these to the bug database.

I can’t reproduce this. Are you able to show a screenshot or video of the issue?

Is that the right location? I ended up in the area displayed below:

Aside from that, we had a look at the log provided and can confirm there’s definitely an issue, which we’re currently looking at.

Was it a particular portal or any portal?

Totem is on my left hand but the instruction said “RMB”

2 Likes

@vdragon He googled a little bit arround and found an old thread about chunk issues, and that said you have to delete some mdk file. He did and now everything is back to normal again :slight_smile:

I haven’t been able to reproduce this with the steps given. Is there any additional information you can give? For example, the quantity of items, the slots they occupy on the inventory GUI etc.

Hi, apologies for delay in reply. I’ve not been able to reproduce it recently either, I wonder if it was linked to the connection issues? It was definitely a full stack of coal, high number of bones and lower sap (haha, as ever) - not a full stack of either, probably around 60-80 bones, 20-40 sap.

Possibly related, if I shift-click coal tonight it will populate the ingredients area. From there you can’t move it back to the fuel area directly, you have to empty it to inventory and then back to the fuel area.

If I can get the other bug to reproduce again I’ll do screenies and capture more information.