Release 192 - Report issues here

First image shows the burnt out atlas, second not so. Found when making the screenshot that this depended weather holding the atlas out against a block (no burn out), or empty space (burn out), with the luminescence skill.

1 Like

I had an issue today where i broke my advanced compactor coil to reposition it and, it just disappeared, normally you see the item floating but not even that showed up. Has anyone else had this issue?

Currently dealing with an annoying crafting bug of items getting stuck crafting but never output. Table, workbench, extractor, forge, etc. all doing it. Canā€™t even cancel the items in queue. Iā€™m currently completely unable to craft anything. All crafting devices are fully repaired.

Trading an identical stack of items within the same trade yielded 100 missing items. 500 earthyams in slot 1, 500 earthyams in slot 2, ended up with one whole smartstack (900) + 1 single earthyam in my inventory after.

Has anyone noticed that it seems harder to go up stairs now? It is almost like I have to be facing the stair straight on before it will allow me to go up it. If I am turned too much either direction it will not let me move up the stair until I change direction. I just swear it used to be a bit easier but am not sure and was wondering what other people are experiencing in regards to the stairs.

5 Likes

it feels the same on my character with low agility but on my maxed agility account i do struggle with stair, i even get stuck on them sometimes. Especially if they are going up at an angle.

1 Like

I believe this has been being discussed in at least one other thread. If I remember correctly it was in the notes about the changes in the latest build too. My short term memory is horrible, so, I could be wrong.

1 Like

yeah they already know the stairs isseu

I have permanent issue with ā€œbridge statusā€ of my homebase too (Solum, Asylum). The problem is that I built inside a mountain, so, there is no easy way to understand what plots can be considered as an ā€œinner roadsā€, the whole base is a maze of rooms, corridors and hallways. All plots are connectedd to 1 beacon, so this is strange that the game considered it as a few settlements.
I have a road that connects my homebase to 2 neighbor settlements though. Unplotting all of the road plots did not fix the issue. So, I add road plots again, but use another beacon for them this time (Asylum Road). Have no idea how to resolve this issue :thinking:

Can you post locations and settlement names like I did for Vdragon so they can have it. I think the more we give it will help them fix the code. I really just want the opt-in option in a beacon to select settlement instead of have code that isnā€™t going to be able to cover all scenarios especially if we have a single beacon acting up in someoneā€™s house.

1 Like

[SOLVED] (user error :stuck_out_tongue: )
I thought I had another instant crash, I was about to start replying to this thread when all of a sudden I was looking up in the sanctumā€¦ my screen had unfrozenā€¦ so I walked through the portal and into my base, and ever since, Iā€™ve been getting a really bad connection, so bad that my whole screen freezes for about 10 seconds, then I can move againā€¦ ranging from every 10 seconds to once every couple minutes. it seems to be way more frequent if I am trying to play and less frequent as I type this on another monitor. aaaand I spoke too soon. its getting so bad I canā€™t keep the game open because it freezes the whole computer, I had to close the game so I could finish typing.
I managed to take a few screenshots with the debug graphs:

then it calmed down while I was typing:

and spiked like crazy againā€¦

Ow. this was the point where I had to close the game.

Did you try this?

Delete this file as it gets too large.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata???\324510\local\chunkcache\data.mdb

iā€™ve done that pretty frequentlyā€¦ iā€™ll try it again nowā€¦
and that seems to have helped! thanks!

[edit]
bah. ok this seems to be only a temporary solutionā€¦ iā€™m getting huge lag spikes again :cry:

[edit2]
Iā€™m seriously getting sick of this. i cant even craft one recipe. Iā€™m gonna have to put this game down again until this is fixed.

[last edit]
I just sent an email with the log filesā€¦ I had been sending off all the files in the folder before, but this time after my earlier post I moved the 4 log files to my desktop and let a new one generate for the next crash.
I sent all those files in that email.

[ok one more edit]
oh boy. I think this is a case of user error. turns out I had powerful audio software running in the backgroundā€¦ soā€¦NEVERMIND! Nothing to see here! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Another Crash Log for you. Fresh 5-13

https://pastebin.com/Kx3arr0g

This seems to be a white-balance effect when holding an atlas with a bright light source near a mainly white background (check it, itā€™s less faded against an igneous rock).Not sure itā€™s a bug (as white balance is necessary) and also I use this to identify the hottest spots on the atlas as they are more easily differentiated when faded by the balance.

Does it only seem to happen at that location and is so what are the coord? Do the spikes occur when you do something, eg open storage or mixer or do they seem to happen at at time?

it doesnā€™t seem to be happening when I do certain things, it seems kinda random. like it happens one immediately after another, sometimes a few seconds in between, sometimes 2-4 minutes in between, (usually the former) whether Iā€™m doing something or not.
Also, after all this happened I decided to watch a movie (file on my computer, not streaming) and it was getting what seemed like lag spikes which shouldnā€™t happen, and discovered that I had Reason running in the background (music software that likes to steal my computerā€™s audio) so Iā€™m going to hop in again today and see if thatā€™s what was causing it.
Thank you for replying on a weekend!

[edit] Yep. it was Reason. Iā€™ve been in game now for about 20 minutes and no huge lag spikes.
Iā€™ll not delete my posts so that in case something like this ever happens again its good to have documentation of the symptoms and such
and maybe a laugh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How do i get past the crafting bug where the machine just refuses to finish an item or does the infinite crafting time? Really hindering my ability to do much of anything at the moment

but still good that you describe what happend because well some games make weird connection on ya comp and destroy everything else you got onā€¦

Iā€™ve had a crafting bench freeze like that, it restarted when i whacked it 3 times with a totem (not 4 times, that would break it and possibly lose your materials, 5 is out of the question;) ) maybe try it.

Also Iā€™ve noticed the 255h crafting time when approaching other machines - i believe in my case it can be narrowed down to viewing a machine (aiming on it) while approaching, if Iā€™m in a different chunk (not just a different plot). As soon as i enter the chunk containing the machine however the timer corrects and my character receives the appropriate crafting xp.

Edit - i have extended interaction range on my crafter, may exaggerate the distance at which machines can be viewed,
Maybe run around your machine if it is perhaps on a chunk boundary and you havent been in that chunk in a while?