Release 192 - Report issues here

It seems like it might have something to do with how “natural” or “non smooth” blocks interact with the player… i also get it frequently and randomly when mining around in dirt or stone, but it never happens in cramped corridors that i build out of refined materials…

Maybe a certain configuration of irregular natural blocks cause the player to “bump” to a safe location like portals do when the irregular shapes leave a too small gap where an empty block should be? This would explain why mining one of the offending sides seems to fix the issue (in the vid in a ?separate thread). Would be very interesting to see if replacing a side block with a refined one also fixes the glitch in that spot.

the wobbliness of natural blocks is purely in the rendering, not even block selection takes it into account and it has no effect on physics.

2 Likes

Love the wobbliness! Thanks for the info, i was just speaking out of experience / anecdotal evidence.

1 Like

Judging by the comments so far, there are definitely more than a few physics issues, which are currently recorded in the bug database.

If it happens to be anything like the issue @TPranara reported in post #344, then we should have a fix for this soon

@vdragon What item was added to the atlas at the time and what are the coordinates of the area you and the other player were standing at the time when the atlas was held on screen?

@vdragon Atlases in general are all messed up for me. As you can see from these two screenshots, I have discovered 50/50 regions on Berlyn. When I look at the atlas, it’s just a big blank white sphere. If I put items into it it just changes to a blank grey sphere.

I bought a brand new blank atlas and then tried using it and it populated the screenshot below:

Great, thank you.

Where can i see the post number?

To the right of the posts down below the search symbol there is a little vertical bar. Right now mine says 391 / 391. I just checked it and you can slide that bar up to get to the number you want.

1 Like

Ah, ok. I see it , Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Normally this would be a result of regions that have not yet been discovered, but the shapes on the atlas look somewhat unusual, as if the world has not finishing rendering all the chunks. Does it still look like that?

Yep! It still looks like this. I get similar weird shapes on any atlas I use. It’s either weird shapes or it’s blank.

The atlases dont use chunks…

Shader is misbehaving on his gpu/driver.

1 Like

Any idea how I would fix this @lucadeltodecso or @vdragon?

If you can tell us your pc specs it’d help

2 Likes

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
500 GB internal flash storage

Not sure if it is relevant or not but I also bought the game through Steam.

Intel graphics drivers really don’t play nice do they! Have you ever had and GUI issues too?

Nope! Never had issues before.

1 Like

Placing a torch on a surface resource destroys the surface resource within giving any of its drops.

Another example of the physics bug in action:

Grappled up to ore - got stuck in the middle of a rock

@lucadeltodecso any thoughts on how to get atlases to work correctly?