Release 197 - Report issues here

I agree it should show it. But this may help: currently spark value = heat value on all fuels, so you can pop one piece into a furnace and read the heat value to know what the spark value is.

I know and I suggested this because possibly not every new player doesn’t realise this and they only look at the spark/s value and consider higher one being automatically better when it isn’t necessarily so.

1 Like

I just lost all entries in my location list.

Removed a few old ones and escaping out.
Next time i checked the list was empty…

When atmospheric protection runs low and you switch to another planet it starts to regenerate. Except it the other planet requires a different atmospheric protection - then it regenerates instantly.

Easy to reproduce: Take level 2 protection for Serpensarindi and Besevrona and use the portal between the two worlds.

I’m not sure if this is an issue, but looks like most of refined and decorative igneous and meta blocks have some kind of render or texture problem. I’m posting a couple of images as an example, some stones are beautiful but after getting refined, at least for me, they are unusable.

These two are black meta and dark cerulean igneous

on the other side all sedimentary keeps exactly the same color (and feeling) than the stone version

Is all of this intended?

1 Like

Not sure if this is a new issue but A lot of my locations (the ones I saved while running) reads like “5N 7E $[STYLE((Altitude: 42), 0] . Finata” when using the second portal in the sanctum. Seems there is some issue in the rendering…

Do you guys like the invisible spark link?
I just placed it, it is still there but it is invisible

sometimes the spark link doesn’t want to connect it is connected but it doesn’t show it. And I wasn’t even close to that spark link limit.

I feel the same way about the refined stones. Igneous at least retains some of it’s color while having that bit of shine to it, but metamorphic’s “glaze” sucks most of the color out of the blocks. Just take a look at what it does to the colors Night Azure and Dark Green…

Sedimentary is good just the way it is.

2 Likes

The refined meta looks dirty and actually unrefined.

You can steal spark from people without permission if they have a spark cord right on the edge of their plot.

EDIT: for the record this video is unlisted. I hope that’s ok.

5 Likes

Not complaining about this minor one, doesn’t really affect gameplay at all actually, just figured y’all would want to know that the work ‘need’ is probably… needed?

1 Like

Same with Decorative Methamortics, they look way overpolished, almost like metal. I’ll put a screenshot when I get back to my place.

[Visual Bug]: There seems to be a flickering issue in beacon view during dusk/dawn between my own beacon boundaries and another beacon owned by a friend that I have full access to. It seems to only happen if the plots from each beacon are right up next to each-other. In my case one beacon was purple and one was orange and it was just flickering back and forth between the two colors rapidly.

minor one: bump maps on worlds appear to be inverted (in the sky, and on atlases)—or at least, something’s up with the shadowing that makes it look …off

I encountered an issue with the Settlements, the addition of ONE plot off my path road on Grovidas Te separated me from my settlement and gave me a “Your beacon bridges two or more settlements” where I used to be connected only to one and ranked on their contributors list.

Not sure where to put this, but:

Not sure if its related to Gum crafting, or extractors - but I can’t seem to cancel this at all.
My friend tried as well, he can’t cancel it either though he’s got access.

It’s a bug covering all the craft stations and it has been mentioned few times already in the issues thread.

2 Likes

After todays patch that removed the NDA notice on start up, when I loose connection to server and try to reconnect I just get Black screen, the ambient sounds do keep playing on the background but it seems like the client isn’t able to reconenct to the servers.

I got the same.
1 beacon and it say Beacon bridge two settlements

When I got back to the Boundless after about a year break when the 1.0 worlds got released, I got this feeling like there was something off with the graphics the below screenshot is taken with all graphic settings maxed and on.

After playing around with the settings and disabling smooth normals and per-pixel lighting(also anti-aliasing and depth of field but they don’t affect the look of the Graphics as badly as the two others) I got the look to the game I were more used to, a clean detailed view for as far as the graphic draw, not the mush as in the first screenshot.

So I’m wondering is this intentional that if you have all the settings maxed and switched on that the game actually looks far inferior that with some of the settings turned off? For instance I’d like to have the per-pixel lighting on but it does affect the Graphics in a negative way, not as bad as the smooth normals, but noticeably enough.